Hello Newbie here

Guest Lucy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Welcome..

think there are a few members on here round crawley way.. (have a look in the "was it you" section as i know there is one in three bridges).

I bought my supe' from a dealer in crawley he mainly does drift stuff but he had the one supra and i had it off him!

You can't go far wrong buying of a member or a trader from here, you know the motor will be well looked after!

P.s where did you get the insurance quote from?

hey Lucy yes am local and i work at the airport,i know Chris at rising sun very well very nice guy if i can be off any help or want someone to view a supra just give me a shout :)

Thanks Guys for your welcomes :) and help

Supradibbs yep if your local would love someone to come and view a car with me that knows what they should be looking for.

I think I would rather go for a non turbo as I think this would be safer for me in the wet, having not much experience of rear wheel drive cars.

Thanks Guys for your welcomes :) and help

Supradibbs yep if your local would love someone to come and view a car with me that knows what they should be looking for.

I think I would rather go for a non turbo as I think this would be safer for me in the wet, having not much experience of rear wheel drive cars.

no problem my number is in my sig there is a red na for sale near here on the forum and the seller is after a quick sale could get your self a bargin

Thanks for that :)

Right been onto insurance companies again this morning as got some online quotes they are not very accurate are they lol. If anyone can recoomend any insurers that have been cheap for you especially if your younger than me please post them up.

I phoned the sky ins group as recommended on here I originally had an online quote for a car at £415.15

This wasnt correct as they didnt take into account it could be an import which unfortunately makes a difference.

With Sky ins it will be aprox £541.00 and I have full no claims etc and am 28 so if you are younger or of similar age and your ins is lower than that please let me know who you are with :)

Then I can start the hunt for the new car properly lol and look to sell mine.

:D

well thats a good price to be honest you will pay pretty much the same insurance wise for a tt as you will for a na so if you can afford the tt i would go that route

the only other way is to get a a uk spec at 27 was paying about 650 fully comp for a bpu import supra alot more now its single

well thats a good price to be honest you will pay pretty much the same insurance wise for a tt as you will for a na so if you can afford the tt i would go that route

the only other way is to get a a uk spec at 27 was paying about 650 fully comp for a bpu import supra alot more now its single

Hiya thanks for info I asked the ins co if a tt would make much differrence they thought it would make the ins higher so prob best off sticking to non turbo for now ;)

Sorry not to familiar with all the specs etc where could I get a uk spec at a good price from any recommendations :) Cheers

Its really knowing what to go for ins company wise as well as which car to choose and where to get it from so in a different area to what I have driven before so really need pointing in the right directions lol sorry hee hee hee. I have read up on and know so much about my current car have to start all over again now and learn about the supra ting is there are so may different models :search: :blink:

Hiya thanks for info I asked the ins co if a tt would make much differrence they thought it would make the ins higher so prob best off sticking to non turbo for now ;)

Sorry not to familiar with all the specs etc where could I get a uk spec at a good price from any recommendations :) Cheers

If you're going for an n/a (non turbo) it will be a J-Spec - all UK models were TT's. :)

Nope havent seen one I had seen a black one today which was local that I test drove but first one I have ever driven and not really sure what I should be looking out for, it seemed to drive nicely though.

:)

Now you know what my pug looks like you can look out for me on the road lol.

Yep will look out for your pug and toot if I see you.

Yep will look out for your pug and toot if I see you.

Cool lol will look out for you too but no way will try and race you lol pug versus supra mmmmmmm:d lol

Guest Lucy

Hiya

Right been doing some research but I am so stuck realy dont know what to do prob asking the wrong people here for an un biast answer lol. But I know these two cars are completely different to one another but I still have the worry about controling the supra even non turbo ita a big car lol. So trying to decide from safety and drivabilty point from my side Supra or FTO. I know you will all say Supra lol If only there was one which had some safety feature for under £6000 to stop back end going out and I would be able to make my choice. I have been told it can cost a fair bit to have race traction control fitted is there anyone out there who knows how to do it that would be willing to lend a hand for a nice cuppa tea lol I know its a long shot but worth asking lol. Also where can you get this from recommended links please with prices!!! :)

Also anyone with this on their car could you let me know what its like to drive even in wet does it stop back end from swinging out??

Wish they made one with that as standard instead of traction control that cuts out the engine ahhhh.

Buy a NA Supra and invest in some decent tyres (I recommend Eagle F1s) and the back end shouldn't give you any problems.

:yeahthat:

i drove from Glasgow to Inverness last night in the pouring rain for half of it and still managed to set a new record time for that journey.

god bless Eagle F1s :innocent:

Guest Lucy
Buy a NA Supra and invest in some decent tyres (I recommend Eagle F1s) and the back end shouldn't give you any problems.

Dont suppose you know how much a set of those would set me back where would I get them from?

Dont suppose you know how much a set of those would set me back where would I get them from?

try mytyres.net

I paid £330 for two rears from a local shop and that included 4Wheel Alignment

BTW: size matters with tyres ;)