The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just back from Santa Pod

boxtobox

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great day! Nice to meet loadsa people from here and the weather was awesome. Very red faced and arms but it was worth it!

I had 3 runs on the strip but was dissapointed to be honest. With myself that is, not the car.

1st run: 14.13 - my best run out the lot with a poor launch and gear changes. It isnt as easy as I expected and the moment got to me wih too much wheel spin. Nevermind, still thoroughly enojyed it and at least I know theres room for improvement!

2nd run: 14.27

3rd around 15 something simply cuz I thought what the heck and lit the whels up about half the strip, was good fun though.

Also went on the mobile R/R so do not know how accurate this is but I managed 341.1bhp at the wheels. The torque being 332.

Got my 1/4's on video so once I find out how to upload them will post the links.

My first run was against a wrx sti impreza new shape with the big arches who pulled away at the start but by the finish i was a bonnets length in front.

The last 2 were against the blue bullet - Steves car which was good fun. The first of the 2 I was reasonably close, think it was .5 of a second difference or something, the second was no contest. Cheers for a great afternoon lads and the convoy was great.

Will upload them vids asap.

Gaz

Just got back - what a great day out! Many thanks to Lui for organising the passes and club area.

Nice to see the usual suspects, as well as meet a few new faces. I was hoping to meet more, but turned my back for a few minutes and everyone had disappeared!

Managed to spent some of the day with the Turbofit lot, thoughly enjoyed it and was nice insight into what goes on behind the scenes. Friendly bunch of people too :)

Great eye candy on show, especially at the end of the day. Not seen that much ass on show since last time I was in Amsterdam :innocent:

Well done to Adi for your times today! I saw one of your runs where the launch was a bit slow, but it sure looked fast once hooking up. I was hoping to get on later in the day after the queue had disapeared but they said I was too late to sign up (despite there being 2 more hours until the racing was due to end - b*stards).

I'm going to have to go to the next RWYB, ever if I go alone. Must remeber to bring sunscreen next time, bit red now!

Guest Supradean9

I have to say well done to the envy boys as they won the pro shoot out beating fensports new celica in the final WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!:respekt:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!

Had a good day. Was nice to meet a couple of you. Popped over to the MKIV stand a few times, but there was either noone around or noone that looked approachable as they were busy with other peeps, bits and pieces.

Some great looking cars on show, peeps, hope everyone had a great time!

Andy

Some great photo's guys! Wish Burna had remembered his camera! ;)

Really had a fantastic day, Just got home, I have a ridiculous red face, im absolutely exhausted and my feet are killing me, but what a day!

Thanks for the convoy down with the midlands group, Great to meet up again Chris, Gaz and Jim.

Great to meet some familiar faces at pod and some new. :)

Decided to have a couple of runs down the strip and play with the launch control. :D Pulled 3 14's, not bad - still learning to drive the bullet, missed the gears on two runs, but good fun! God that bullet goes some....

The show seems to get bigger every year! Loads of traders, nice to meet up with the friendly faces from TurboFit again. :)

Wanted to chill out in the afternoon and enjoy some racing, but Burna made me check out the mobile rolling road.... pressured by the mkiii owners and an impressive 364 bhp, thought it might be interesting. Was planning on getting the Bullet Dyno'ed but not for a while. But anyhow, I had a go... I've always been sceptical about the mobile rr's, but the mkiii's results were pretty accurate.

Cut a long story short, the bullet came away with 574bhp!!! I'll have to get this graph on here. The chap running the road seemed quite shocked by the car and said it was the most he'd ever had out of it! As to how accurate this is, well I'll reserve judgement until I have had a second attempt elsewhere...

All in all a fantastic day, great weather, great atmosphere enjoying the day with great friends. :)

Thanks everyone and Lui for organising :thumbs:

Hope to see you all soon.

Steve.

What was the bhp figure at the wheels Steve? (or hubs? what type of dyno was it?)

Not seen these guys before - he wasnt able to give rear wheel figures. First time on a dyno, so not sure what type? A friend has taken some photo's for me, i'll post them as soon as I get them. But hope to get Thor to have a look in the near future.