The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just back from Santa Pod

boxtobox

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great weekend, nice to meet a few new people this time. James took a whole load of pictures which I'm sure he will put up soon.

We lost loads of people on the convoy, you lot are too slow for my FTO. :p

I didn't think it was that hot until I got back, and realised my nose was bright red. :)

Good to see the Envy car doing well.

Congratulations to Greg as well, keep up the good work. :clap:

Hey thats me, my sone and my wife in pic 1 :) . and the front of my Supra in pic 5. I only stayed until the dinner break but it was a very good morning out. Some great cars and loads of nice Supra's which put mine to shame.

Didnt get to meet too many people as everyone was watching the racing. But I did meet a nice guy called SteveL who was handing out flyers for Whifbitz, and Lui (thanks for the pass).

Mar

Hi mate, nice to meet you as well...

Had the same problem meeting people, good to meet Ro and Adi...

Got blanked by a few members ... obviously the sun had got to them :p

Came back to the club area at one point and there was only 6 supes left!!

Surely footballs not everything ;) ;)

Kev did excellent - showing supes can still win - well done mate, the final was superb to watch ( Pic below ... )

The GTS-t was also superb - they finally pulled a 9.98 which was also great to see - the challenges they had through the day showed their dedication.

IMG_3096-resize.jpg

Rob's that small that you might of stepped over him :D

Hehe :D It was nice to meet Rob, his car looked lovely.

Homer, I was wandering around the Supra area for a bit, I was the one in the Red England top with the pastey white legs :lol: , with my old man.

I didnt stay for too long, we left around 2.30 to get home to watch the footy.

We'll have to meet up at JAE, I'll wear some named clothing ;)

Another great show. Some nice cars too. There was the turquoise one with the custom kit - Really nice but he's not a member so told him to get on here! Anyone got a pic? It was a K plate, personalised.

There was a dark peachy colour supra reg N*5ser - I thought that was a nice and different colour.

Cheers all,

Ro

Pics from Lui:

blue sup.jpg

sup.jpg

What sort of times were you running?

Not up for TOTB?

I got a 12.5..

Having serious traction issues as I did not manage to get my hands on a set of 17's and some drag tyres. I was running my 19's down the strip.. Not ideal

Anyway the Abbey car was running drag tyres and I spanked him by a good second :cool:

hey guys, nice to see some face's the weekend. as it was my first time to a club meet, every one was nice to talk to and i loved all the other supra's.

I evan ran my sup up the track for the first time, i was hoping for a low 14

but ran 13.87 then a 13.70.

i thought that was a good time for a manual TT running about 340 at the wheels.

Just dropping in to say thank you to everyone for your support. We had a great day, and although I'll fully admit we didn't have the fastest car, we were consistant and quick enough!

I must have met over 30 of you guys on Sunday so I won't name names but thank you all.

Greg and sam that was a superb race, you were great sports. That car will really put in some good times when you get that clutch sorted.

Gaz.

I got a 12.5..

Having serious traction issues as I did not manage to get my hands on a set of 17's and some drag tyres. I was running my 19's down the strip.. Not ideal

Anyway the Abbey car was running drag tyres and I spanked him by a good second :cool:

post your slip up and will stick you up on list

Great couple of days, but unfortunatly i now have over 700 pictures to go through :cry: Not to mention the video too.

Nice to see the usuall guys, shame i didn't get time to meet any new ones :(

Well done to all the Sups who got on the track, specially Envy and Turbofit. Not to forget Abs in the Show and Shine.

A couple of pictures from both days untill i can g o through them all.

aaa.jpg

bbb.jpg

ccc.jpg

ddd.JPG

hey BOBBEH, i havent done any thing to it, but the last owner had.

new turbos (not sure what spec but i think still with ceramic's wheels),

hks dragger exhaust with 1 decat (still has downpipe cat)

and a remap done by TDI.

not much but i have a base to work up from.

did you have ago ??

No I didnt run mine. I think I'll take it to a RWYB weekend later in the year for a laugh. Last time I ran I got a 14.1 @103 mph, my PB and thats with 265 at the wheels, although I believe I should be able to get a high 13 like yours with better grip.

Greg and sam that was a superb race, you were great sports. That car will really put in some good times when you get that clutch sorted.

Gaz.

Thanks Gaz,

We had great fun and want to thank both you and Kev for your support and advice.

As for the clutch seems Fanta & Sand is the way forward:d but Sam will call today RE: the Carbon Carbon.

Looking forward to our next encounter:)

Great day and good to meet up with old and new friend, thanks for the lift Ste my old mate and sorry I forgot the camera:( . Didn't get chance to meet as many members as I would have liked but I new that would be the case as everyone is usually off doing there own thing at an event like that.

Bumped into Voo as soon as we arrived and was a surprise to see you weren’t sunburnt as usual :D Bet you are now mate lol. Did spot Ray but didn't get chance to say hello, car looks good as ever Ray :D I finally got to see Wayne’s (supradibbs) car in the flesh and WOW it didn't disappoint as it is immaculate! Good to meet you Wayne and your chest wig :D I still think you should have accepted my offer price ;) Also I think I found your car Bobbeh to have a good look at, it was :drool: :thumbs:

Spotted Sabrina's Fto (looking gooood :)) so knew you were around somewhere, was good to chat with you both at the turbofit stand, along with Sam, Greg and the team.

Really enjoyed watching the mkiii lads run there cars on the dyno, good bit of banter as usual :p

Well done to Turbofit and of course Envy, you guys did the Supra community proud :thumbs:

Good to see everybody yesterday. Got a 12.08 on me first run which i was cuffed with but still not in the 11's yet barst!

The boost sapping heat seemed to starting eating into people times around lunch time anybody else think that?

Good to see everybody and weather turned out nice. Queues weren't so bad this year I think due to the footy. Was a good day overall. Lot better than Redline Rumble.

My pics here:

http://website.lineone.net/~jmoat/Jap_Show_06/thumbs_d/thumbs_p.html

It was a great day, well weekend!!

Was great to see Burna, steve, Dino and Sean, they make me laugh soooo much!! and YES i am very burnt and sore!!!!

Met a few other guys which was nice.

Gave me all sorts of ideas for the sup and i was so gutted i couldnt run this time, but, i will after 3 weeks!!

Hope you all had agreat time, sounds like you did!

Drive safe