The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just back from Santa Pod

boxtobox

Thanks Buddy! And yes you two did egg me on! ;)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad day.

very disappointed to see some of the big (9s) boys not turning up, namely crd, rk, cowie, also a big shame that tim websters (gt culture) hks skyline broke a diff, that skyline has done 7.9s before now!!!! wouldve been awesome to see. Congrats to norris for getting in to the 9s, that car has big potential!

Ended up with a nice red boatrace too :)

As said before, very good day out. Lots of nice cars on display and plenty on the strip. Looked like they had problems with the light though, seemed to be holding the cars for ages after they staged.

Some of the big hitters were absent though, Leon, CRD and Ron Kiddell etc.

Just spent an age resizing pictures only to find there's a million been posted already, so i'm gonna put them up anyway!

Agree with Homer though, lots of nice non automotive eye candy to be seen!

CIMG2261.JPG

CIMG2263.JPG

CIMG2264.JPG

CIMG2266.JPG

CIMG2267.JPG

CIMG2280.JPG

CIMG2281.JPG

CIMG2282.JPG

CIMG2292.JPG

CIMG2295.JPG

CIMG2297.JPG

CIMG2300.JPG

CIMG2303.JPG

CIMG2304.JPG

CIMG2305.JPG

A good day out, nice to meet up with some new faces and see some of the nice cars that have been floating around on here for a while.

Steve are you just BPU? You ran 14 sec 1/4s you dont have that much BHP! :lol: Car looked sweet btw :D

I'll post some piccies up l8r :)

BTW - who owns the black one with the Wedsports, they looked superb :cool:

http://www.bobbeh.co.uk/images/Japshow%202006/

I think the wind must have been following me for my time :)

Jake, I specifically asked the Dyno guy about the figure at the wheels for the bullet and he said he couldnt tell me without alot of aggro - it would seem he managed to do so for Gazza though!

S7eve - i keep thinking about that figure he gave you and how you'd be flowing enough air and fuel to me making even close to that figure on stock turbo's and injectors - is it absolutely positive that the car is JSpec?

Guest gzaerojon

i had mine on there dyno today too

bpu, fmic and ran 574 bhp :blink:

didn't seem right to me so they ran it again and still turned out the same.

cowboys was the first word that sprung to mind

i'll post up my vid (once i work out how to shrink 100 mb vid down)

nice to see you again steve :)

smart day out, took a couple of snaps but havent uploaded them yet. Smashing weather, slightly hot for the runners.

Well done envy for winning the shoot out, damn that thing is fast!

Nice to meet some more of you and of course the knowns.

PS if anyone doesnt know who the f*ck i am then im the dude that turnt up about 1pm:blush:

Guest gzaerojon
what time did you do that Jon?

i went on after steve, was about 3:45

So you both got exactly 574 bhp?

edit: sorry just checked and it was 587.8 @ 5100 rpm :blink:

Guest gzaerojon
Not bad for stock twins I suppose. You must have a fse AND an aftermarket BOV to get that much bhp, right?

i think it was the new yellow hoses i just fitted, plus the roof was off

Jake, I specifically asked the Dyno guy about the figure at the wheels for the bullet and he said he couldnt tell me without alot of aggro - it would seem he managed to do so for Gazza though!

Umm, thats what he said when he was printing it out, whether he got confused or not I dont know. I said, is this at the wheels or fly and he said wheels :search:

It would be about right at the wheels as another NA/T that turbofit did saw just under 320 with stock injectors and abit lower boost than me on a R/R near them.

I will get booked in for another test as i'd be interested too :cool:

Just another thanks to everyone involved in sorting the stand out for the mkiv forum. Really enjoyed today as my first proper 'supra meet' :D

Gaz

Im at work after 36 minutes of sleep (in 48 hours)

was a fantastic day, was nice to see the old suspects again (Gaz at Envy, Chris/fonze and Sarah, GazzaGSI, Supradibbs, Terrible turner and How_supra)

Was also nice to meet Ray, Ben-san and the rest of the gang

thanks for saying i was the most well known member Ray

Finally, thanks to Mike (the yank...aka JspecGermany) for the company and wandering around with me while i perved over the totty :D

Rob, where the heck were you? And Bobbeh too? I was hoping to meet you both today but couldn't find anyone from the Supra club (Apart from Rush, Ray, Lui, James and Rik!)

I didnt arrive until 11:30 and left at about 2pm, this was because i had been working nights friday and saturday night, and picked Jspec Germany up and went through from there.

By the time i dropped Mike off, and got myself home i had time for just over half an hours sleep before work again tonight

Roll on 7am :)

Guest gzaerojon
I think I know what it was....

Did you have my wheels on the car still?

yes (need them for another week if thats ok?)

S7eve - i keep thinking about that figure he gave you and how you'd be flowing enough air and fuel to me making even close to that figure on stock turbo's and injectors - is it absolutely positive that the car is JSpec?

The turbo's aren't stock... I have no idea what they are... the car is bizarre as when Greg at TurboFit replaced the exhaust and dp, it swallowed a JSpec and UK dp, hence Greg had to make a custom 4" straight through - thus the sound. I will confirm the injectors also. But on the fueling score, the fuel rail and fueling is stock - the car should not be able to pull these sort of figures.

As I say, im dubious... I intend to get a proper dyno done in the next couple of months.