Midlands Gumball 2006

S7EVE

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TWO DAYS TO GO!! TWO DAYS TO GO !!! and got myslef a co-pilot too, i didnt want to risk taking a lady friend- there not very good at giving directions!

See you all there, ill just come meet at the begining then i will go quick to set up videoing you all on the way past in woodville, so make sure you wave!!!

So excited!!!:D

Hi guys ...... just a quick organisational announcement regarding Saturday's activities:

Firstly, we are trying to do this whole thing as a Gumball and you will be given a set of instructions and a few basic tasks to complete en route to prove that you've been where you're supposed to have been !!!!!! So, it would be nice if you could all try and be on time in order to receive your instruction packs !!!!!

This has been done because there is absolutely no way we will manage to keep a convoy of 40+ cars together ..... last year proved that ..... so everyone should be ready to use a map or say nav or both ...... failing that try phone a friend !!!!!

For reference my number is 07966 428 067 !!!!!!!!

The plan is to meet up with a view to making a move at 9am from Quorn Great Central RailWay station here :http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1000925&postcount=208 or visit http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/

We should be have a brief break for any late starters to catch up at the Holiday Inn Burton-upon-trent, off wellington Road, Branston, DE14 3 (opposite mcd's) at 10 am leaving at 10.30 ish ....... however late starters may well receive a points penalty !!!!

Lunch will be at Leebotwood just outside shrewsbury from 12 to 1.30 here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=999652&postcount=202

From there you'll be heading be some convoluted route back to mine & Motley's where a bbq will await ....... we're guessing you should be there about 4 ish. As I've already spent my hard earned pennies n a shit load of burgers for you ..... in true British style we're bbq'ing whatever the weather ...... we'd appreciate your support though !!!!!!

A few things you should bring :

Map or Sat Nav

A mobile phone

A fold up chair if you have one

Some tinnies or a bottle of wine if you want a booze up

I would also make a personal plea .........

If anyone has a gazeebo ..... any chance of dropping it round on Friday night so we don't get too wet

If anyone has a decent portable stero with CD player ...... if you bring it we can have some tunes too !!!!!!!!

please please please can we have a couple of volunteers for this one !!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I have been held away with work all week. But back now, after breaking down in my beater van on the M25! :D

Thanks Glyn! I have 1 gazeebo I will bring with me to the railway station, just incase. Any others got one to bring?

Just to reinforce - bring your phones, sat nav, maps, beer, a pen! and something to sit on at the BBQ.

And yep Pete, £5 a head for each at the BBQ. :)

On the hand-outs I will give you all the postcodes you need, just in-case. ;)

I've looked into my crystal ball and the weather forecast is amazing! So i'll look forward to seeing you all there! :D

Steve , i`m gonna run the bbq up to glyn`s this afternoon/evening mate (fri) are you likely to be about at all ?

Not 100% definite but we`re gonna try and get hold of our clubs 3m X 9m gazebo :) i`ve also got a small gazebo i can bring as well .

Sean .

Hi Sean, Im finishing work early at 4pm (Birmingham), will be home (Kidderminster) by 5pm. If you need me im on - 07971338153, im off to Glyn's myself on the evening if you want to meet up then.

Gazebo would be ace mate if possible. :)

Thanks, Steve.

Steve and Afreemason, I will be coming up on the morn and can bring a large 30ft gazebo if needed and a pretty good portable stereo as long as there's power for it as it drains batts within about 3 hours!

Do you want me to bring any additional food guys? I'll get on the case with some booze too. Think my sup will be more like a humvee/HGV by the time i've stocked up! Plus I've got 2 passengers, one a lanky git and the other one his small missus.

Let me know if you want me to bring the above. Cheers, ;)

Hi Sheefa,

You life saver mate ..... gazeebo and steroe will be more than welcome, power won't be an issue either. ...... and any booze you care to bring along will just add to the communal warmth !!!!!! Food I think we're sorted for, I've just got to pop out and get some bread rolls.

I've been hoping that this won't happen for a while now, but, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out. :(

Sorry guys, I was looking forward to seeing you all - and the drive of course - please take plenty of photos! :)

1.) S7EVE

2.) Burna

3.) mr lover

4.) Pete Von Burstrum III

5.)

6.) Suprastar90

7.) Dino

8.) Trick152

9.) Martin R

10.) The Prawn

11.) black cat

12.) Voo51