The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hemel/Aylesbury/MK/Oxford etc area meet

pulse

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Flash

I think even with the additional car park by the canal - we will be hard pushed to get this many cars in, especially if any other mortal DARES to try and park a non-Supe!

Should be a sight though wherever we end up. This is gonna be my first such meet, and am looking forward to seeing what all the mods actually look like that everyone talks about.

Not looking forward to the thought of my pride and joy NOT being the car that stands out in a car park though!!!!

If it stays at these sort of numbers should be fine..Crows nest gets quite busy of a lunchtime.I will drive down tomorrow and have a good look see if we would all fit in..Can always take over the Esso garage as well!!lol

Alright, I'll have a look around a couple of other places on Saturday lunch time too (the Watermead pub in Aylesbury does have a fairly big carpark for what's there, and the back half of it is usually available, and it's a nice pub).. and maybe pop down and have a look at the Berkhamstead ones too.. try and figure out which is bigger and which is busier etc, just in case the venue needs to change :)

:thumbs:

-p

Guest The Flash

I know I got the 2 mixed up before, but as an option, what about the Watermill Hotel / bar in Bourne end? Doesnt that have an extra bit of space through the arch (going from memory so am probably miles off the mark) - and it has a couple of pubs over the road (White horse and ANOther) + that Outdoor shop next to them with a V big Car park (all poss overflows!!)

Other than that - there's always Leeeeeesure World !!!!!!!!!!!! I've heard the McD car park is THE place to be........

Originally posted by cashpoint

stu there's no point going down tomorrow wait till saturday lunch time then your'll get an idea as to how busy it get's. Seen it full at nights but never seen it full during the day.

Take your point Paul but they are going to be really busy with xmas do's etc over the weekend so not going to get a real idea of how busy it gets..I will still drive down there on Saturday though..Still think we'll get in there but if not we can all take a nice drive over to Aylesbury..20 odd supes down the by pass should be fun!!:)

The Watermill would be a great alternative also Flash..fair bit of room there.I personally think most places will be quite dead after Xmas so shouldn't be a problem..As For Wally world no chance rather meet in Tescos car park than up that s**t hole!!

Tesco's car park, now there's an idea! ;)

Actually, if worst comes to worst Aylesbury has 2 huge Tescos with gigantic carparks that are *NEVER* full, so we could actually meet up there .. and hey, there's a McDonalds over the road from one of them! :D

But as I say, it would be very much if WORST comes to worst :)

-p

Guest The Flash
As For Wally world no chance rather meet in Tescos car park than up that s**t hole!!

Wouldn't we have to bring a small Nova or something as well for the kids to look at?:D

being a bird..and the only one in the household that goes to tesco's (dig at mark there) i can tell you now that you havent got a hope in hell at parking in either of the tesco's in aylesbury....at this time of year i struggle to park my car...theres no way you will get all in either..might want to think again guys. also watermead is closing for a refurbishment after xmas for a couple of months....sorry to be the bearer of bad news all:(

.. what what what?

Watermead pub is closing? That's my bloody local! Oh well, good thing I'm moving house mid-January then :)

Yeah, Tescos at the moment is an absolute nightmare, but the meet is 11th of January, after the Christmas stuff is over :) I was thinking if worst came to worst, the Tescos by the McDonalds, the area of the carpark up the back next to the car breaking yard is usually completely empty.. that's where the kiddies do the donut competitions at night (there's always another sign been hit etc in that section after a weekend).

But Tescos is far from a.. err.. nice place for a meet :) I'll check out the pubs this weekend and see what's what. We can assume by the 11th of January most of the country will have settled down from Christmas and New Years (and a lot of people will go on holidays anyway, so they should all be less busy than they are now), but from the sounds of it the pub that's been chosen so far sounds pretty sound.

:)

-p

Ok Watermead and Tesco is out so lets stick with the Old mill for now...failing that there is the Watermill at bourne end who I will contact over the weekend...As for wally world I think a nova is too good for up that pit!!Now if the meet was on the Sunday we could accomodate loads of cars round the back of the high st near waitrose and be right next to the rear entrance of a pub also!!Numbers wouldn't be a problem if it was a Sunday..plenty of space..:cool:

Guest The Flash

Appreciate we probably dont want another suggestion, but was thinking about it last night (while watching Masconi Cup - "cool as")..... What's Langleys like these days? (Just this side of Kings Langley - big Car Park - close to A41/M25 Junction) Havent been there for years myself, but car park is enormous!!

Of course - thats if I'm still allowed to attend !!!!!

Can we bar Flash for this suggestion

Originally posted by The Flash

Appreciate we probably dont want another suggestion, but was thinking about it last night (while watching Masconi Cup - "cool as")..... What's Langleys like these days? (Just this side of Kings Langley - big Car Park - close to A41/M25 Junction) Havent been there for years myself, but car park is enormous!!

Of course - thats if I'm still allowed to attend !!!!!

Leisure World idea = :twak: :twak: :twak:

Langleys idea= :thumbs:

Langleys is a good idea if we can't get in at anywhere as the car park is huge as it's shared with the hotel there which isn't busy on weekend.