The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hemel/Aylesbury/MK/Oxford etc area meet

pulse

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any suggestions where I can get a Do-luck front spoiler - sorry Jay but yours is so damn fine I want one too !! Still worried about the poxy road bumps in Berko cos I have no way of avoiding them into work everyday - has no-one invented a mechanism that raises the spoiler a bit to go over humps ????

I also need to get my alloys refurbed at some point but again not sure where is best?

Originally posted by whele

Good to meet up with you guys on Saturday.

and we ejoyed the 'Nice little pootle' down A41 afterwards.

Must sort out a zorst for my car now, follwoing Stu meant I couldnt hear my own motor even when we were 20 yards behind him - wonderful noise.

Hope we do it again with some sunshine and dry roads.

Didn't think you got that close!!!lol..:p ;)

Great meet guys, me and Susie thoroughly enjoyed it.

Rob - Got confused by what you said about going for petrol! :blink:

Flash - Yep, thats my one, "Bronze" or "Brown" or "MonkeyShitBrown", it is a standard colour as well although not that popular!

JB - Good to meet you finally

"Hemel Posse" - Good to meet you lot as well, must get a mini meet going!

The pootle down the A41 was interesting, despite my earlier assertions that "i'm not going to cane it" yeah right!!! :sly:

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by Stu

Terry the mrs will kill ya if she sees this as I have been going on about it since Saturday...Roughly what will it cost me for the above?What sort of difference will I notice?Regards Stu

The car will be more responsive as you have removed a nasty restriction ( Cats). The boost will rise so you will get a significant rise in power ( different cars get different amounts so it's difficult to quantify). This is all Robs VVTi has done AFAIK and it goes very well. He does also have a boost controller though. You may need to install a restrictor in the exhaust. If you call Leon at JPS 01908 367100 ask him to do the same set up a Rob's.

Rob if you are still following this, what power did you make at G Force?

Guest The Flash

Not really Meet related, but as I saw it on the meet I figured .....

Can anyone shed light on the Auto Shifter which Batgirl has in her car (Former Mid'life crisis) and I'm sure I saw it on another one as well.

The best way to describe it is it looked like a kind of Joystick (Atari from the old skool) and it was kind of Chrome(ish)

Any help would be appreciated (Price, fitting etc)

Flash:)

Originally posted by Terry S

The car will be more responsive as you have removed a nasty restriction ( Cats). The boost will rise so you will get a significant rise in power ( different cars get different amounts so it's difficult to quantify). This is all Robs VVTi has done AFAIK and it goes very well. He does also have a boost controller though. You may need to install a restrictor in the exhaust. If you call Leon at JPS 01908 367100 ask him to do the same set up a Rob's.

Rob if you are still following this, what power did you make at G Force?

Hi there - 313rwhp - estimated 420 bhp and (more importantly IMHO) 415 ft.lbs of torque at a point at which the gears can use the revs :-)

I have no restrictor ring - the boost controller seems to control the boost well enough to stop any creeping at all - lovely flat line plotted for al weather conditions - yes, even the damp on Saturday :D

I also have the uprated fuel pump and I can seem to stretch to 1.25 sometimes 1.3 bar boost but only with Optimax - with no detonation - Leon reckons this is okay - but would need bigger injectors for any more boost action.

One thing though - judging by the state of my oil Leon also recks I will need an oil cooler and / or gearbox cooler at somepoint soon :-)

R

Originally posted by The Flash

Pulse

Thanks for that - looks a bit different but gives me a starting place.

:cool:

There's lots more in the Razoo range I think.. If you have a look here at Mark Kindell's site, he mentions a Razo/Razoo/whatever the hell it is shifter too.

-p

Originally posted by roboldham

Where is this Stu? My office is in Apsley and I need to get my scuffed and battered rim lips sorted

No sore arse jokes please. :-)

R

It's in the small industrial estate opposite the Shell garage. As you go in it on the right. Can't remember what it was called

Nice to meet some of the snoopy geeks! I have heard loads about the page through Patrick, my b-friend (aka my biatch), and was beginning to think he was a little bit sad for frequenting it rather than getting on with some work. I love the cars, but wasn't too sure if car-related forums might be full of muppets and riceboyz. But now I am happy that you are normal and some of you even quite cool. Pulse - that's you, tony, right? (I don't know the alter egos/usernames yet!) I thought you were a feckin marvellous fellow, and Paul E/MatrixMan too (God help your daughter moving in though!) Chris was it? What's your username? Rob - nice to see you again. Can you definitely make sure you take Patrick off my hands for a night of beer soon! Anyway, good meet, must do another smaller one soon. The bigger, Jap Performance ones are great for the sheer volume of motor-eye-candy, but it's nice to be able to speak to people at greater length and go for a burn. Plus, there's no Novaboys to put up with in a supra-exclusive meet

Hey there SusiQ - how much d'ya reckon it's worth gettng ol' Pat of yer hands for an evening?

What state of inebriation would you like him returned in? Do you want him returned at all?

I can provide a variety of services in that department - just let me know your requirements.

R

Originally posted by SusiQ

Pulse - that's you, tony, right? (I don't know the alter egos/usernames yet!) I thought you were a feckin marvellous fellow

*blush* :)

Hey Susi, nice to meet you too. :D

I think some kind of inebriating night meet is definitely on the cards at some time after I'm finished with this moving hassle. Less cars, more drunk and disorderly behaviour. We should sort something out :)

We can either take Patrick off your hands, or you're more than welcome to come make a fool out of yourself too! :thumbs:

-Tony

Damn it, if I'd known this page would provide me with a means of making him' disappear', thus allowing me to inherit a fine automobile, then I'd have signed up ages ago! How are you both fixed for Friday?

Rob - I'm not sure that there are many states of enebriation for Patrick - lashed or nearly lashed about sums them up. But just make sure if he does go for multiple pints that he's paying for them himself. He's from Irish decent and not particularly forthcoming with the old green stuff. His mother calls him a 'con artist' - say no more.. And I think we've established that no, I don't want him returned. I presume you take cash?

Pulse (nice username - following on from our pub conversation, I'd say perhaps this is the very thing the good old brits are lacking ;-))

After your move, a pub outing would be an excellent idea. I'm sure I can put up with Patrick for the evening! Poor thing, I don't want to have signed up to the page just to abuse him!