Hemel/Aylesbury/MK/Oxford etc area meet

pulse

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Flash

Sat 10 th Jan

I'm up for that if you have room for another? (Glad we seem to have avoided Jarmans Park as a meet place!!!)

Thanx in advance to all who have arranged this.

Flash

Patrick: Not a bad idea.. does anybody go there regularly that could have a word? Or should we give them a call.. Whatever. If nobody else can be bothered I'll call, somebody can find their number for me though :)

Getting some good numbers down now :thumbs:

-p

Was wondering about contacting the pub also don't know how they would react at us just turning up?Can't see a problem with it though had a look yesterday fair bit of room there.There is another car park over the little bridge across the river maybe they would allocate us that space or a part of it as that way customers wouldn't be put off pulling in seeing us lot there as the second car park is set back away from the road..just a thought..:)

Originally posted by pulse

If nobody else can be bothered I'll call, somebody can find their number for me though :)

I don't know, starts organising an event and then can't be bothered to do all the work! :p

Pub phone number is 01442 879590

Originally posted by mawby

I don't know, starts organising an event and then can't be bothered to do all the work! :p

Pub phone number is 01442 879590

Haha :innocent: Hey, I just put the first post up, if you look in one of the "Was it you" posts this is all Stu's & Patrick's idea ;)

Alright I'll give them a call

-p

Btw, just thinking, doesn't the main street in Berkhamstead have a load of speed bumps?

If so, people with bodykits will have to take this into account.. is this pub on the main street? Looking at Mawby's map it seems to be..

Guest The Flash

assume this might cross with other replies, but the pub is outside of the High Street.

Access is very easy from the A41 Bourne End turning. About 1/2 mile from this junction - and no speed humps etc!!

Flash

:eek: :eek: My idea!!Must admit agreed that it would be a good idea...but me organise a meet only been to one!!lol..Pulse your right about the high street but as mentioned its as easy to come in from the a41 bypass at bourne end..What about meeting there and having a chat etc maybe a drink then taking a nice sloooow drive over to Watermead..nice little run from Berko to Aylesbury and it does break it up a bit..think that was problem with Hatfield people just got bored standing in the freezing cold..personally thought the drive to the meet was better although enjoyed looking round the other cars had seen most of them at south mimms..As i said don't think it would be a major problem if we just turned up after all if we all turned up in different makes of car no one would bat an eyelid..just because we all drive the same motor shouldn't make any difference but agree it is the polite thing to do..maybe I'm just a rude old git!:p Anyone else up for the idea going off to Aylesbury or just a short cruise after all thats what they are for driving..:)

Watermead sounds like a top idea to me - that's where I live :D

I'm basically up for whatever. A nice little cruise is always a top way to end a meet, and I've said previously the A41 is my favorite bit of road in the UK, however I'm hearing more and more about these "unmarked police cars" in the area which I gather is something I wish to avoid :)

Then again, from Berkhamstead to Aylesbury via the A41 must be all of about 4 minutes anyway.. or is that just when I'm driving?

Pretty much the meets I've been to, hang around chat a bit, maybe have a bevvy or two and then regularly go for a bit of a drive/convoy somewhere if the mood fits. It's basically down to the people on the day :)

Either way, sounds good to me :thumbs:

I'll call the pub tomorrow, but considering I'd expect everybody to purchase at least one drink of some description from the pub, I don't really see why we should - it's just a group of people getting together in an afternoon - as you said, if we were all driving different cars nobody would think twice, I think it's more the worry that "boy racers are invading the pub" which they may be concerned about.

Afterall, Mfs is a dodgy fella ;)

-p

:cool: Thats what I mean Pulse if we all have a beer coffee etc they can't really say much.Your right though won't take long to get to watermead but it didn't take long to get to Hatfield but very enjoyable...lol.like I said new to all this so has anyone got any other suggestions on what to do..so far meet up at Old mill is definite but how going for a cruise somewhere doesn't have to be just to Aylesbury..must be lots of ya that enjoy driving around in a convoy and watching peoples jaws hit the ground when we all go past..just a thought..whatever is decided looking forward to it anyway.Someone remind Getaway driver to fill up this time though!!:p

Originally posted by GESIT

Looks like i am in as well:D Is it a def for the Watermead then guys? My sis lives next door to Pulse so i am sure i can find it;)

Meeting in Berkhamstead (a few mins down the A41 from Aylesbury) at The Old Mill pub first, then maybe taking a drive back Aylesbury-wards. Either way, I'm sure you can follow me back :)

-p

Nice one nick :)

Was hoping you'd pop your name down, didn't get much of a chance to chat with you at the .. Guildford? meet.

15 now, 2 maybes. Either way, we're starting to get some decent numbers :) I knew there was a decent amount of them around here, and I know Mark Kindell/Donna are both in Aylesbury but I don't know if they do many meets. I see other Supras around here regularly.

I forgot to call the pub again today :innocent: - will do it tomorrow. If we're talking 15 cars, I guess it's only polite :)

... and make sure they'll be open *prods towards Mawby* :D

-p

:) Looking good at the moment pulse..glad to see your coming Nick..nice to meet you on Sunday.Still gotta be a few more of ya that will want to get out the house after stuffing your faces with turkey!!Should be quite a good one if all turn up.Pulse if there are any objections to us using the car park I will ring the White Horse at bourne end 2 mins up the road quite a large car park there also and shouldn't be to busy so at least we have another option.After all like to do my bit as it is local...:p

:p Well thats the mobile recovery van sorted if Nicks coming..reckon you should get some snap on stickers down the side!!lol..Like you said fastest breakdown motor out there...should be a good one this and at least I can have a pint!

Originally posted by nicksupra67

Stu- good to meet u 2. we only just saw the post this evening. wouldn't wana miss this one!! got more tools in the car now. mmmm fastest breakdown van ever!!

No chance of that, I sent you a private message just in case you didn't see it :)

pulse - u reckon we'll be able to find the Watermead pub?!!!

:D [/b]

Hrm.. I'll have to have a look on streetmap.. anybody got sat nav? :D

-p

If anybody doesn't actually know where we're talking about driving, below is basically it (including the route around Berkhamstead town centre with the speed bumps), from pub to pub.

Except that Microsoft Autoroute 2004 doesn't include the Aston Clinton bypass that's now in operation, so we can either drive the way this says through Aston Clinton or.. around it at 70-XXX leptons :D

Weather permitting, of course.

http://www.web-axis.net/~pulse/berkayles.jpg

Btw, the fuel price is accurate-ish for my car, just replace the $ with a pound sign and you're away.

-p