Hemel/Aylesbury/MK/Oxford etc area meet

pulse

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Flash

:banghead:

Lucky was passing through last night - had got the Old Mill mixed up with the Watermill in Bourne End !!! Duh

Both have large Car Parks and a bar so it was a fairly easy mistake to make!! Ok, maybe not.

Flash

Yep yep :)

Saturday the 10th of January, 1pm, Old Mill pub, Berkhamstead :thumbs:

I'm sure most of you know how to get there, but if anybody wishes to come from further afield it's pretty easy.. M25 to A41 turnoff, down the A41 (my favorite road:)) fast, scenic dual carriageway, turn off at the Bourne End junction and turn left towards Berkhamstead. I beleive the pub is on the RHS (I've never been there, but will go have a look before the date).

Definitely some good numbers now too. Millhouse is a possible too :thumbs:

-p

Yes mate the pub is on the right as you come in from Bourne end..just before the esso garage..looking forward to the drive over to Aylesbury as the A41 is my favourite strech of road round here..Best bit is just past the turn off for Chesham and Berko..nice straight where you can really give it some and get up to the national speed limit!!:innocent: :innocent:

Originally posted by pulse

Ah nice one Jive :)

So you finally bit the "you can't keep it standard" bullet? :)

-p

Yeah, thing is, when you asked me at the Westerham meet if I was gonna get some new wheels.....I already knew I had these on the way, just didn't want to say anything :)

Originally posted by Jive

Yeah, thing is, when you asked me at the Westerham meet if I was gonna get some new wheels.....I already knew I had these on the way, just didn't want to say anything :)

Nice one :)

Btw, you need pics, and ..

I'm guessing you haven't tested your website in Mozilla? :)

It's kinda neat.. you've got the rear end of the car with blinking lights.. then below that on another half of the screen is the rest of the car, with lots of empty space between ;) Go browser incompatibilities, GO!

Look forward to seeing your car :) Nice wheels make a massive difference (not saying the stock ones aren't nice, you know what I mean:))

-p

It's kinda neat.. you've got the rear end of the car with blinking lights.. then below that on another half of the screen is the rest of the car, with lots of empty space between ;) Go browser incompatibilities, GO!

Your guessing would be correct :)

Have another guess as well.....

a) I'll test it out

b) I'll NOT test it out

:innocent:

Heh cool that aint it? ;)

My website works with, IE, Mozilla, Lynx... :p

But then it is rather simple ;)

I've designed several websites but just can't be arsed with my own. I'm a bit of a stickler for writing code that adhere's to the correct standards. You can use http://validator.w3.org/ to check whether your code complies or not.

Just been there Thorin and this is the message I get.

"I could not parse this document, because it does not include a DOCTYPE Declaration. A DOCTYPE Declaration is mandatory for most current markup languages and without such a declaration it is impossible to validate this document."

Jesus, it's only a bit of fun, it's not meant as a trade site or anything......really can't be arsed with all that stuff :(

Originally posted by Jive

Just been there Thorin and this is the message I get.

"I could not parse this document, because it does not include a DOCTYPE Declaration. A DOCTYPE Declaration is mandatory for most current markup languages and without such a declaration it is impossible to validate this document."

Yeah you need a doc type declaration so it knows what type of document it's supposed to be checking the code for. e.g.

Jesus, it's only a bit of fun, it's not meant as a trade site or anything......really can't be arsed with all that stuff :(

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm just a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to writing web pages ;)

I gathered that that had to go in the header, does it need to go onto every single webpage or just the index.htm ?

Plus I've only written or should I say designed it with Dreamweaver 4 and haven't done anything with XHTML :conf:

Any help greatly received :)

Very first line in the code of every page really. Dreamweaver does have an option to generate XHTML 1.0 compliant code but I don't think it's enabled by default. XHTML isn't vastly different to normal HTML though, just a few extra bits and a bit stricter with tags etc.

er sorry [/hijack] ;)