Project PT67DBB

SimonB

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just back from Owen's, so the car is now mapped at last! 625BHP@6893rpm and 500lbft@6486 is what it made on the dyno. To say it's fast is a severe understatement, it's like a missile! :D

What boost was that at and in what gear? Sounds very high for a GT35R.

Just back from Owen's, so the car is now mapped at last! 625BHP@6893rpm and 500lbft@6486 is what it made on the dyno. To say it's fast is a severe understatement, it's like a missile! :D

Still got a few things to do, haven't fitting my new rad and fans yet, still haven't got round to fitting my Mocal power steering rad either. And I need to fab myself a front undertray, duct the rad/FMIC a bit better and tidy the intercooler pipework up a bit.

Then I think I shall be off on a quick trip to Germany to see if I can make 200mph :D

Nice one Simon, really pleased for you. Hope it gets you to LeMans and back without any issues.

I'd love to see the dyno sheet. Will be good to compare your standalone's dyno result with the T67DBB and IanC's dyno sheet using a T67(nonDBB) and an eManage piggyback.

Saw you at the end of the A338 yesterday' date=' I was in the Hilux surf![/quote']

Yeah, saw you waving! Going to be busy packing and sorting myself out for Le Mans tomorrow as we're going Wed. Got to try and remember how the fridge goes in the car :D.

And yes, I'd change the thread title if I could, but basically I did have a GT35R and have now got a PT67DBB. I think I'm basically at the limit of the stock (as in not ported) head now, certainly with the 256 inlet cam in. Also I think Arnout's cast manifold would probably be a restriction if it isn't already. Still, I can safely say I don't think I need any more power ;)

That was at 1.6BAR btw.

Great stuff Simon....I have been following this thread when it first started as I was initially intrigued by your setup....a very very well thought out setup in my opinion!

How does the 67 stack up on the road vs the 35r? obviously not in a straight out and out drag? did you notice must difference in spool etc would be interesting to know as I was always going to opt for the gt35r

Great stuff Simon....I have been following this thread when it first started as I was initially intrigued by your setup....a very very well thought out setup in my opinion!

How does the 67 stack up on the road vs the 35r? obviously not in a straight out and out drag? did you notice must difference in spool etc would be interesting to know as I was always going to opt for the gt35r

Well, it's a bit early to say, I'll have a better impression after giving it a good thrashing down to Le Mans and back. It does spool later, that's for sure. Where the GT35R would be at full boost at 3.5K ish in 5th, the 67 is more like 4K. But it still seems responsive enough and it feels much faster.

One of the reasons I changed was I was getting some compressor surge with the GT35R, especially in 5th which was annoying - I was thinking about porting the compressor cover but changed turbo instead. Now I have an relatively unusual exhaust manifold & FMIC piping so that may have combined to make it spool a bit too soon for its own good!

Excellent news Simon, happy for you :)

I agree with you about the spool point, mines also not hitting 1.4bar until around 4k rpm in 5th, but it's hitting 1.0bar around 3.4krpm, so, while not at full capacity is still putting down pretty good power lower down in the rev range.

• 5 weeks later...

I've finally got round to putting the dyno results into a useful form. The GT35R one and the T67DBB one had a different scale, and my scanner is no more, so I read the figures off and put them in Excel. So this graph isn't perfectly accurate, but close enough.

It shows the GT35R and PT67DBB power and torque. Bear in mind though that the engine was different (the PR67DBB is on my new engine) and the 67 is running more boost (1.6 vs 1.5 BAR). The 67 also had a different fuel system, but that shouldn't make any difference as the GT35R fueling was fine at the time for that turbo.

DynoResults_20853_image001.gif

Nice graph :D

I'm really surprised and delighted to see the 67DBB is so strong in the midrange...I would have thought the 35R would have romped it. It does leave me with some questions over the 35's setup but I'm pretty sure the 35R has a beefier construction, which may be some of the reason....

There's another 67DBB dyno in Ian's garage if you want to compare....but they look pretty much identical (if you ignore the wheel spin at 5000) ;)

Good work fella :D

Nice graph :D

I'm really surprised and delighted to see the 67DBB is so strong in the midrange...I would have thought the 35R would have romped it. It does leave me with some questions over the 35's setup but I'm pretty sure the 35R has a beefier construction, which may be some of the reason....

Yeah, I know what you mean. It could be down to the fact that I have fairly mild cams (256in, 264ex) and the 67 was on my new engine, which has forged pistons & rods. I wouldn't have expected that to make much difference though.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It could be down to the fact that I have fairly mild cams (256in, 264ex) and the 67 was on my new engine, which has forged pistons & rods. I wouldn't have expected that to make much difference though.

It could be your compression is so much better...but we don't know what it was like before...

At the end of the day though you must be thrilled...more power and no loss of midrange...perfect :D