SimonB

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few question Si, if you don't mind.

• The BL pipes and fittings for oil and water supply/return; are they availabe seperately from BL or what?

• Where did you get the IC pipe sections from?

• Is there any alternative to the exhaust wrap bandage stuff? It looks kinda messy. (No offence like)

A few question Si, if you don't mind.

• The BL pipes and fittings for oil and water supply/return; are they availabe seperately from BL or what?

• Where did you get the IC pipe sections from?

• Is there any alternative to the exhaust wrap bandage stuff? It looks kinda messy. (No offence like)

• Yep, you can get the oil feed/return kit from Boostlogic. I had to extend the return line as its not long enough. The oil drain blockoff you could just use a M12 blanking plug, but the oil feed and drain fittings are harder to find - I figured buying the BL kit was less hassle although more expensive.
  • Pipe sections came from a brilliant place in the USA called Vertex aka Verocious motorsports. Verocious. They're on Ebay too, I ordered a load of stuff on a Friday night and it was here Monday morning, great service.
  • Not really. You can get a kind of jacket thing but that looks worse. It's difficult to wrap when the pipe has bends in it. You could probably make it a bit neater than my attempt though! ;)

Cheers Gaz. Today I mainly corrected stuff I'd done before! First I soldered the connector back on my boost controller that I'd managed to pull off while dismantling everything. Then I took off the rad elbow to block up the spare return nipple that I don't need.

First I cut the nipple off with a hacksaw, then drilled it out with a 10.2mm drill. Then I spent ages looking for my 12mm tap, rooting around on the floor before finding it where I'd left it in my tool bag! Doh! Tapped it 12mmx1.75 and screwed in a grub screw with a generous coating of sealant. Should do the trick.

waterblockoff2.jpg

Next I set about fitting all the turbo side intercooler pipework. I encountered a snag here, because I realised that my lovely pipework routing stuck out the bottom of the car by miles, which would have left me with about 2 inches of ground clearance! Oops! Easy to overlook this sort of thing with the bumper and wheel off. Anyway, after a rethink I added another 45deg bend and cut off a bit of metal by the bottom rad mounting and managed to get it to fit much better. I'm really pleased with it now, it's a lot better than before. See pics.

I also lowered the intercooler a bit by making some more spacers for the bolts out of aluminium pipe and drilling some more holes in the bottom bracket. Been meaning to do that for a while. There's a couple of general engine bay shots too. Tomorrow I'm picking up the intercooler and intake pipes with flanges welded on, so I'll stick those on and then fire it up!

intercoolerpipework3.jpg

intercoolerpipework2.jpg

intercoolerpipework1.jpg

enginebay.jpg

enginebay2.jpg

Looking good dude, Your turbo to ic pipe follows a similar route to my PHR setup (i had to modify a little as it fouled the steering box being designed for lhd).

Might be worth replacing the WG reference pipe with some braided, gets pretty hot around there.

do you tune supras?, if not you must be a geek looking great looks like you know what your doing:)

I think you'll find some of the best work is done by non-tuner enthusiasts, because a) it's their car, b) it's their responsibility, and c) they aren't getting paid to do it :D

-Ian

So then I fitted the intake side of the intercooler piping and my relocated HKS BOV. Then I cut the intake pipe and silicon connector down to size and fitted that and made the blow-by hose to go to the crankcase. Then it was time to check everything was torqued up tight and in place. I almost forgot to whip out my old restrictor ring, won't be needing that any more!

Finally I was ready to start the car! So I filled it up with coolant again, unplugged the fuel pump and cranked it a few times to get oil pressure. It took quite a bit of cranking before I had oil pressure. That done, I plugged the pump back in and....it failed to start! Oh no! Then I spotted that I'd forgotten to plug in the water temp sensors on the rad elbow where I'd taken it off. Plugged 'em in and it fired up!

Bit louder than I was expecting! :D But it lives!

bayalmostfinished.jpg

bayalmostfinished2.jpg

turboalmostfinished.jpg

Guest Usmann A

nice one simon. should buildup pressure quite quickly, you must have had the plugs in i take it? As without the plugs she builds prs faster due to higher crank rpm.

She looks good tho. :cool:

bet you cant wait to see her boostied up. :)

Yeah, can't wait to get it all back together and get mapping! Should all be sorted by the weekend. I need to rejig my intercooler piping yet again as the bumper fouls it slightly at the moment - hopefully sort that tomorrow and get it all back together and maybe fit my injectors. Then I've got to make an air box, I've got some ducting to go up where the standard intercooler piping goes to ensure a nice cold air supply.

Some more progress - yesterday I took my intercooler piping off again and cut a couple of the pipes down slightly to make sure the pipe entering the intercooler doesn't stick forward and foul the bumper like it was before. Also rigged up my cold air duct - well mostly anyway, it's ghetto at the mo as you can see from the pic! Then I put the bumper and various other bits back on, and squeezed all my new wiring under the ECU cover!

Today my new fuel hose turned up so I fitted my injectors. What a PITA that job is! Couple of really annoying bolts on the intake manifold! Anyway, as the pic shows I've now got a nice set of yellow Power Enterprise 650cc injectors fitted. I ordered a new hose to go from the rail to the pressure reg because the old one was looking very perished, as you can see from the pic. Not sure why, it's only been on there a year or so but it looked knackered. So took the opportunity to change to braided fuel hose and tidy up the reg mounting.

Finally put my dash back together, so all I need to do now is sort out my DIY air box and map the thing!

airduct.jpg

injectorsfitted.jpg

perishedhose.jpg