The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project PT67DBB

SimonB

Good to hear it's going well mate!

I see you've fitted a K&N filter on the idle air inlet valve. Do you have a part number for it and a good place that can supply them as I'll be needing one.

Hope the mapping goes well!

Cheers

I got mine from Demon Tweeks, part no 62-1360, it was £18ish.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry, missed your last post! Let's see, what's happened since I last posted... Well, I had some real problems with the Emanage ultimate, I posted up a thread about it but something was wrong with it or the injector adaptor or something. I needed to swap it with someone else's or something to see what was up but I couldn't really do too many diagnostics as I need the car to get to work! So in the end I decided the best thing was to go for a standalone ECU based on future plans etc.

So, I went for a Motec M600, had it installed and mapped at Owens, where it made 550bhp at 1.4BAR on their rollers. Setting the ignition timing correctly has made a huge difference, it feels superb. Not cheap though!

I've got a couple of problems though, first I'm getting compressor surge in high gears and mid revs. It needs the compressor housing ported really. Second I'm getting some smoke on full boost, from burning oil. I think it's either the oil seal on the turbo, or possibly an oil control ring or something. Pretty sure the breathers and oil lines are ok.

Anyway, I've decided to go for a slightly bigger turbo, so I've bought a T67DBB from Qaisar. I also snapped up Martin's built block and head, so I'll be swapping the engine, running it in and then switching turbo and getting it mapped at higher boost/revs.

Anyway, I've decided to go for a slightly bigger turbo, so I've bought a T67DBB from Qaisar. I also snapped up Martin's built block and head, so I'll be swapping the engine, running it in and then switching turbo and getting it mapped at higher boost/revs.

Ooooohhhhhhh! That block is something stunning! Would like to see that finally fitted into a car. Keep us informed! ;)

Simon is Arnouts manifold able to flow enough air for the 67?? I was going for a GT35r on the cast mani similar to your setup but its interesting your now going for the 67....wil be interesting to see the spooling difference between your setup and a 67 on a tubular header

Well, we'll find out! Don't see why not.

• 1 month later...

Bits are currently being swapped over from my old engine to my shiny brand new built engine courtesy of Martin. It looks superb, I'll probably pop over there tomorrow and take some photos - I'm going to try the new turbo on for size as I have a feeling it may not fit at the moment. The compressor cover has a 3inch exit instead of 2.5 and I think it may well foul the manifold, in which case I'll have to get hold of another one.

Right, here we go, a couple more pics of the new engine. I went over today and test fitted the new turbo (PT67DBB) because as I said I thought it might foul the manifold but it fits fine, so that's going on now as well. May as well since I'll have to keep it off boost while running in anyway and then it'll be going up to Owens for remapping. It looks HUGE too ;) Pretty much everything has been transferred over from the old engine now.

28-03-07_1251.jpg

28-03-07_1252.jpg

Why does it need to go to Owens for mapping? Triton have a dynocell and are very competent.

Because they are the Motec experts basically. Plus they mapped it originally and did a good job - they've mapped several Supras with Motecs so have good base maps etc.

Si whats the turbo attached too in that second pic, it looks like its floating in mid air ;) are you still using this on a cast manifold?

Yeah, you can just see the manifold - it's gone a sort of brown colour with heat! The turbo was just stuck on to check it would fit, so the compressor outlet is not at the right angle, but it is attached to the manifold, honest ;)

• 2 months later...

The new engine is well and truly run in (done 2500 miles on it now). It was booked in to be mapped a month or so back but I was still waiting on my fuel kit from Dusty so I had to postpone. I fitted the fuel kit last weekend, for which my tip is make sure you use the stock crush washers on the stock fuel filter fitting that goes to the rail or it will leak like a bastard! :D Anyway, it's going to be mapped on Monday, just in time as I'm going to Le Mans on Wednesday.

I'll probably swap in my new Koyo rad and fans tomorrow. Then I'm just waiting on my cam covers with -12 fittings for the bigger breather system - I've got a catch tank and hose and fittings already.

The new engine is well and truly run in (done 2500 miles on it now). It was booked in to be mapped a month or so back but I was still waiting on my fuel kit from Dusty so I had to postpone. I fitted the fuel kit last weekend, for which my tip is make sure you use the stock crush washers on the stock fuel filter fitting that goes to the rail or it will leak like a bastard! :D Anyway, it's going to be mapped on Monday, just in time as I'm going to Le Mans on Wednesday.

I'll probably swap in my new Koyo rad and fans tomorrow. Then I'm just waiting on my cam covers with -12 fittings for the bigger breather system - I've got a catch tank and hose and fittings already.

I'd leave the stock cam covers on for the trip to LeMans....these #12 ones that don't have proper valves concern me in light of the Front Oil Seal Failure thread....

Glad to hear your new motor is working well at present. Long may it continue!!!

Just back from Owen's, so the car is now mapped at last! 625BHP@6893rpm and 500lbft@6486 is what it made on the dyno. To say it's fast is a severe understatement, it's like a missile! :D

Still got a few things to do, haven't fitting my new rad and fans yet, still haven't got round to fitting my Mocal power steering rad either. And I need to fab myself a front undertray, duct the rad/FMIC a bit better and tidy the intercooler pipework up a bit.

Then I think I shall be off on a quick trip to Germany to see if I can make 200mph :D