The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My TT Written Off - Insurers only want to give me 2.3k!!!

hadyn

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps, if they value the car so low, they consider the cost of the repairs based on that cost, so could you haggle for more money and keep the car?

Is the damage superficial? Ie nothing structural?

Hold out for the money, and if they do not comply perhaps we can all chip and send some documentary evidence, to justify what you are asking for, a thickhead jag owner who lives up his own arse in London and "trots" into Lloyds in the city centre to "shaft" some more "suckers" (his words) by being an underwriter, has no fucking clue about anything apart from what is in his fucking account, fucking tosser, arse bandit, fuckwit - has no clue what a Supra is worth financially let alone intrinsically.

Get the money then invite the fella to the "real" world, introduce him to the local housing estate, wearing a duffle coat with the words "CHAVS NEED TO GET REAL JOBS LIKE MINE, I AM AN UNDERWRITER WHO MAKES LOADS OF MONEY OFF YOU SCUM SUCKING CORSA OWNERS, OH AND I SHAGGED YOUR MUM, AND BUMMED YOUR DAD" and see how long he can "assess" the damage he will be receiving to his scrotum.

I really feel for you Haydn, I fucking hate insurance companies they are such faceless and gutless c**ts. (I used to be an insurance agent,m and had to deal with the tossers, god I am glad I left).

Good luck, I will keep my fingers crossed...

:taped:

Perhaps, if they value the car so low, they consider the cost of the repairs based on that cost, so could you haggle for more money and keep the car?

Is the damage superficial? Ie nothing structural?

Hold out for the money, and if they do not comply perhaps we can all chip and send some documentary evidence, to justify what you are asking for, a thickhead jag owner who lives up his own arse in London and "trots" into Lloyds in the city centre to "shaft" some more "suckers" (his words) by being an underwriter, has no fucking clue about anything apart from what is in his fucking account, fucking tosser, arse bandit, fuckwit - has no clue what a Supra is worth financially let alone intrinsically.

Get the money then invite the fella to the "real" world, introduce him to the local housing estate, wearing a duffle coat with the words "CHAVS NEED TO GET REAL JOBS LIKE MINE, I AM AN UNDERWRITER WHO MAKES LOADS OF MONEY OFF YOU SCUM SUCKING CORSA OWNERS, OH AND I SHAGGED YOUR MUM, AND BUMMED YOUR DAD" and see how long he can "assess" the damage he will be receiving to his scrotum.

I really feel for you Haydn, I fucking hate insurance companies they are such faceless and gutless c**ts. (I used to be an insurance agent,m and had to deal with the tossers, god I am glad I left).

Good luck, I will keep my fingers crossed...

:taped:

Daz, i think you've got issues mate. :rlol:

Chin up mate and as said don't take the first or even second offer hold out for a fair offer. Search Autotrader and the like or even print off adverts from here they will all help your case.

Ive faxed them autotrader adverts for similar spec cars at the correct market value. I've also just emailed them scanned copies of my docs and service history too.

They're keeping the car. I might be going sensible for the next wagon, but you never know :)

you should try buying it back off them for a silly price & breaking it yourself mate & good to hear you got a sensible offer off them to mate

you should try buying it back off them for a silly price & breaking it yourself mate & good to hear you got a sensible offer off them to mate

:yeahthat: If you can buy it back to break and you have the space I think that would be a good idea. I think the insurers will sell it to salvage for 5% of the your payout, well worth it. I wish i had.

Well done for getting the payout though.

:yeahthat: If you can buy it back to break and you have the space I think that would be a good idea. I think the insurers will sell it to salvage for 5% of the your payout, well worth it. I wish i had.

Well done for getting the payout though.

I'll give them £315 at 5% of £6.3k and double it for your troubles:D