The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My TT Written Off - Insurers only want to give me 2.3k!!!

hadyn

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It'll probably end up at Furbers round the corner from me.

And for anyone who is thinking of getting bits if it goes to Furbers.....DO NOT DRIVE YOUR SUPRA THERE!!! It has a sh*te road where you will probably scrape over lol......

And for anyone who is thinking of getting bits if it goes to Furbers.....DO NOT DRIVE YOUR SUPRA THERE!!! It has a sh*te road where you will probably scrape over lol......

:yeahthat:

Ever been to the 'other' Furbers? Shed lke place - they have some really exclusive and expensive stuff in there sometimes.

I got 13K for mine , 94 Uk spec 47.7K, I printed out dealer adverts from autotrader for similar spec and miles, and got my solicitor to push it. I kept the car and refused to release it to the salvage crew, as it was still mine bought and paid for and I wasn't giving it to anyone. I delcared i was taking salvage and as it was cat B, I made them accept the 5% of settlement that a salvage yard would have given for a cat B. I dont take no jive from no turkeys :)

Took 4 months though!.

i totalled my 1994 RZs 6 speed last may.

i paid 10k for it and the insurers made me one offer of £8900 which i gladly accepted as i had robbed all the good bits, she was a cat D!

Made money out of it all but still wish i had that car?????

Carefull driving fellas and gals.

PS got an NA now and still love it,Wheres that supercharger!!!

If you have traction control wire it permanently on,I was pushing 450 gs with it turned off. everything happened quicker than any humans reaction.

Knightrider

• 1 month later...

I bumped into a bloke at Thor who has bought your car Hadyn, a week ago!

He was telling me about it - front end damage, Red, Wheels..... I thought 'hmm, sounds like Hadyns!' He gave me the registration, which I've now confirmed via this thread!

Can't remember his name but I gave him the club details so he should be on here soon. He's from Redditch.

He managed to get a secondhand stock intercooler in excellent condition from Pete @ Thor. He showed me your old intercooler which is now an oblong shape and the black casing has split open!

Ro

Excellent news to know that my old love is back!!!

Any idea on how much he paid for it?

Sorry, I didn't ask how much he picked it up for but he definitely seemed chuffed with it :)

He doesn't know much about the Supra so I hope he comes on here.

Ro

Hes certainly bought a rather sorted and fast example of a supra thats for sure mate :)

I was talking to his mate who has a modded R33 GTS-T (uprated turbo I think) and he said that your car flew past his Skyline in a race! Even with the knackered Intercooler!!

I think he may have repaired most of the car.