The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My TT Written Off - Insurers only want to give me 2.3k!!!

hadyn

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately, I had an accident in my tt supra about 2 weeks ago :( Which resulted in the car being written off/total loss. (Despite the car was driveable after the accident) I have been chasing my insurers about this and after todays morning phone call they offered me only 2.3k for my 1993 RZ Twin Turbo with 78k miles!!! :( I have now sent autotrader adverts of similar spec cars to them and its been dealth with by a 'senior claims person'. To say im devastated is an understatement. I simply cannot believe they can offer me such a low figure.............Lets hope they get back to me with a better figure 2moro.........

sorry to here this mate

Spoke to the engineer/assessor bloke directly who said that they have to go by the 'glass guide' but my car looked like it was 'worth a lot more' :( He said book price was 2.3k.....I've got my suspicions he thought he was a mk3 :(

Back end just flew out doing about 50mph in a national speed limit zone. Surface was terrible and the car clipped the central reservation, smashing the front bumper and buckling two rims. Never thought that would be a write off :(

No other cars involved, just a freak accident....

even if they have it as supra twin turbo they could still have it down as a mk3... it;s happened to loads of people even though they thought they had it insured as the right thing.

At this sort of valuation its worth considering if it actually is a write off (from what you've said of the damage!) I think you need words with them!

and yes glasses does do imports...