The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My TT Written Off - Insurers only want to give me 2.3k!!!

hadyn

you should try buying it back off them for a silly price & breaking it yourself mate & good to hear you got a sensible offer off them to mate

I agree.

It is a lot of hassle though. Expect to see it with a Jezzybabes near you soon ;)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The insurance company will not sell it for 5% of the price they paid, they will sell it at a salvage auction for the most they can get. The new owner can choose to repair if they wish which by the sound of the light damage they might.

Good price btw the initial low offer is prety standard across all insurers.

I had the same when the van driver knocked my wing mirror off my aerotop TT put a hole in the door and scraped the wing. Bloody idiots phoned me up and said they were writing it off. I was stunned as I had an agreed valuation certificate for £14k with my own insurance. It was their insurance and the doris on the switchboard said the door for that car is nearly £400, the wing nearly £200 and the wing mirror nearly £300 so we are writing it off as its not worth repairing. I said back you do realise this car has an agreed valuation of £14k and she scoffed back what for a ten year old toyota. God if she was stood in front of me I would have had to re-assess my policy of not hitting women. Some of these people have no idea. Funny how they know how powerfull they are when they quote for the premium though.

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, I had an accident in my tt supra about 2 weeks ago :( Which resulted in the car being written off/total loss. (Despite the car was driveable after the accident) I have been chasing my insurers about this and after todays morning phone call they offered me only 2.3k for my 1993 RZ Twin Turbo with 78k miles!!! :( I have now sent autotrader adverts of similar spec cars to them and its been dealth with by a 'senior claims person'. To say im devastated is an understatement. I simply cannot believe they can offer me such a low figure.............Lets hope they get back to me with a better figure 2moro.........

Hi mate, what colour was your Supra

Just read through this thread mate, really glad you managed to get good money for your Supra in the end. We had the same problem, only on a smaller scale, with my missus sisters car. They offered her £800 for her low mileage Mondeo and we did the same as you with sending Auto Trader adds to them. Ended up getting £1900 back for the car which was a great result for her!!

My missus works for a large accident repair centre and gets good access to salvage auctions so I will get her to keep her eyes open for you. What area do you live in?