The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help

jazz1

Well, I've just read this whole thread through from start to finish, Jazz, I'll give you your dues, you have really taken some stick. You fellas have a wicked sense of humour, especially the Roland Rat in the Punto.

For someones first comment about coppers reading this, yes, coppers do read it...................in fact, theres one typing this entry right now :eyebrows:

First off, sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, I could have offered you some advice. Legal advice for UK citizens is free, you can speak to a solicitor at any time of the day or night over the phone.

Next bit, the police obviously stopped you and spoke to you at the scene, they gave you what they call the 'warning formula', this is, "you are being reported for the question to be considered of prosecuting you for (said offence), you reply to this is recorded, in fact, any significant statement you make, such as, "a big fucking rat ran out in front of me and I did an emergencey brake procedure", this would all be recorded at the scene, they can even offer it to you to sign it as a true record of what was said.

If you didn't make any statement at the scene giving your excuses for your shit driving, then later on in court you said "there was a big fucking rat your worship", the magistrates will draw their own conclusions as to why you failed to mention the said fucking rat at the scene of the incident, because you can be sure the police would have made a note of it.

Best thing is, don't make up bullshit excuses, They hear it everyday and it must get tiresome, I know I get sick of it. On the occasional instance where someone comes clean and admits what they've done, it makes a refreshing change and we can usually work something out.

Moral of this story, tell the truth. Be apologetic to police officers at the scene of whatever you've done, and you'll get off on the right foot. I only give people one chance when I stop them, if they want to get arsey with me and argue about it, we will argue about it in court. If people are nice to me and polite, they will walk away from it with words of advice, and thats it. :cool:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All valid points, to an extent.. although depends on which copper you run into. The one who ran into me decided to re-write the events of the entire night and what I said to him afterwards. Some are decent, some are total ego driven power trippping assholes.

All valid points, to an extent.. although depends on which copper you run into. The one who ran into me decided to re-write the events of the entire night and what I said to him afterwards. Some are decent, some are total ego driven power trippping assholes.

Yup, this is true. Unfortunately.

Be nice though, you might be stopped by me one day, and I'm one of the good ones. :D

Argueing at the scene will get you nowhere, take it on the chin and argue it sensibly in court.

Moral of this story, tell the truth. Be apologetic to police officers at the scene of whatever you've done, and you'll get off on the right foot. I only give people one chance when I stop them, if they want to get arsey with me and argue about it, we will argue about it in court. If people are nice to me and polite, they will walk away from it with words of advice, and thats it. :cool:

totally agree, and thats the way i would think everyone on here would be if they were in the shoes of power!

i know that if i was stopped, i would at least be polite, listen, and take note of what was said

i have now been stopped twice in my car. once when i was 18, in a sporty fiesta, i was taking the piss (50 leptons in a 40) and i was as humble as you like, guy was pissed off, but within rights i guess. sure slowed me down, and maybe thats why i survived with no accidents (touches tree for luck after so much jinxing!) second time was in Supra on way back from MOT, fresh import no plates (wasnt registered, incidentally, it is legal to do so) and copper spotted me, i knew he was after me so i pulled over, grabbed the MOT certificate, had a chat, at the end of which he says 'nice motor' and off he toddles.

i guess the problem is the arseholes

I've been stopped 3 times in the supra, one was an arrogant git who did me for no plate (he was doing 100mph+ to catch me as he'd driven past me on a dual carriageway and turned around!), the other 2 were just friendly chats for speeding but i wasn't taking the piss and was driving sensibly (so they said). If copper 1 had stopped me for the second and third offences, i'd be screwed!

I have recently been stopped twice by the law and on each occassion they have been very fair.

The first was late on the M1 coming back from EM airport. I was toodling along (or so I thought) when the dreaded blue lights appeared. He pulled me over and explained that I had been doing 85-90 MPH. I didn't argue (I couldnt, he was spot on) and apologised but could offer no valid excuse. He told me to take my time and go home.

The second one was last week coming up the M4. I passed the traffic guy doing smack on 70mph and he followed for a while before pulling me over. He asked why i didnt have a front number plate on the car and i showed him that it was in the boot area and I had forgotten to put it back after having new mesh fitted. Fair p[lay to him, no drama or sarcasm, just a polite "get it sorted soon Sir".

I have recently been stopped twice by the law and on each occassion they have been very fair.

The first was late on the M1 coming back from EM airport. I was toodling along (or so I thought) when the dreaded blue lights appeared. He pulled me over and explained that I had been doing 85-90 MPH. I didn't argue (I couldnt, he was spot on) and apologised but could offer no valid excuse. He told me to take my time and go home.

The second one was last week coming up the M4. I passed the traffic guy doing smack on 70mph and he followed for a while before pulling me over. He asked why i didnt have a front number plate on the car and i showed him that it was in the boot area and I had forgotten to put it back after having new mesh fitted. Fair p[lay to him, no drama or sarcasm, just a polite "get it sorted soon Sir".

Were probably just scared of you :D

pistonbroke where about are you based in central london? be nice if you see a silver aristo please :) :D

I work in Lewisham mate. There are not many nice cars around there. The locals seem to think that tax is an optional extra, and that they don't need insurance because,(1) they are not going to have an accident, (2) God is their insurance. Every other car seems to be stolen or full of drugs.

My MRT was a copper magnet. I lost count how many times I was stoppped or followed. Did get into bother twice though- first time was because (Copper) "I left them for fucking dead" on the M25 in their Land Rover. I was going home from vocational training at a print college, and had magenta ink all over my forearms in solid lines, so they asked me about self harming, and if I was ok, and did I need to talk to someone. They completely dropped the speeding topic altogeather and let me go. Lucky they stopped me when they did as I was going to Vmax it after J17 of the M25 (they stopped me just before j17).

Second time was on the M40- no-one about, so I nailed it and was deep into fifth when I saw some traffic 1/3 mile ahead, so slowed down to 80ish and drove another mile. These xenon lights came racing up behind me at god knows what speed, tugged me, and 'done me' for 92mph average for a mile. Unfortunately not my last mile. I still have no idea how they saw us while we couldn't see them.

Then I was stopped in the Supra a few months ago. There had been buglaries in the area, with the theives loading up their victims high performance cars with possesions and making off. They thought I was a burgler so they questioned me. I checked out, so we shot the breeze for a few minutes while another officer had a look around the Supe and mentioned that he wanted to buy one.

The two PC's who delt with me when that dozy old bitch drove into me in the MRT were gems, utterly brilliant. I had a dislocated shoulder, and while giving a statement I needed a pee, so excused myself- the male copper asked if I needed a hand- I mentioned that would be great as the doctor told me not to lift anything heavy! :D

I have been stopped a lot, more so in the SRi than in the Supra. Most times if you are polite to them they give you a ticking off and a warning and that is it. In my younger days I used to try to be smart with them, this is not the way to go but took me a wee while to learn it. Doed tend to rankle a bit when you are done for doing 80 on the dual carriageway, which some consider safe and the same evening you are watching the heros doing 60 -70 in the High Street

i agree mate i dont mean to be rude in anyway its just this has stressed me out so much, i did apologise to the officer at the scene and that was stated in court that i did apologise but i guess i might of had the bad coper lol, not saying all are bad as you there to do your job but i gues whats done is done and im just going to be extra carefull from now on and take more care, but thanks mate and no offence to you its just me being in a bad mood this week