The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help

jazz1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get stopped by the Police at the time of the incident or just get a letter through at a later date?

Most mini-roundabouts are in built-up areas (30mph zones) so you shouldn't really have been going fast enough to a) miss it (they all have signs beforehand) and b) to lock up the wheels.

If you actually try telling them the truth you might get a lighter fine. Forget the animal (rat) story as they'll just smell a . . . .err. . . . .rat I guess! They've heard all that shit a million times. Be a man and stand by your actions - if you screwed up, tell them that, don't try and hide like a small girl.

One bit of advice I would give is to write a letter to all 3 magistrates who will be in attendance stating that you need your license for your job etc, that you are sorry, first time and all that. I speak from experience here and from the advice of a solicitor!

Either that or you'll become Bubba's new 'girl' on the block!!

One bit of advice I would give is to write a letter to all 3 magistrates who will be in attendance stating that you need your license for your job etc, that you are sorry, first time and all that. I speak from experience here and from the advice of a solicitor!

Isn't that a bit OTT for simple three points, and by the sounds of it his first three points? He's not in the new 2yr trial period thing either.

Depends really - it may not be a 3 pointer if its going to court. If its just a simple notification of a 3 point endoresment then I would just accept it. If its going to court then the Police must be after more (Jazz might need to clarify exactly what the situation is) and may be after 4 points upwards. Any reduction in points has got to be a good thing and that advice still stands.

Just looked at the 1st post again - it says going to court for Careless Driving and Driving Without Due Care and Attention - that's 2 offences - possible 3 points each! So I stand by my advice! 6 points is a biggy, then there'll be a fine on top.

Just looked at the 1st post again - it says going to court for Careless Driving and Driving Without Due Care and Attention - that's 2 offences - possible 3 points each! So I stand by my advice! 6 points is a biggy, then there'll be a fine on top.

They're one and the same thing. DWODCAT comes under the category of 'Careless Driving' on the DVLA site mentioned before. Fair enough though with the advise, but I'd just take the three points. There's a remote chance of getting up to six points as the DVLA suggest "3 - 6" as allowable, but in reality it's bound to be just three, unless he takes the piss.

lol WELL I SPOKE TO MY DAD AND MY BROTHER, THEY SAID NOT TO WORRY IF I GET POINTS, THEY KNOW PEOPLE AT DVLA WHO CAN REMOVE THE POINTS FOR A COUPLE OFF BUCK SO THEM COPS CAN DO WAT THEY LIKE:)

As if! :D

Anyway, should defo be members only now. You're not helping your pending case if any of this does get seen!

i swear to god i spoke to my brother hes done it for loads people and my dad knows some1 as well they said they cnt remove the points if its drink driving but if its for other stuff they can remove the points for 300 pounds:)

Sounds expensive considering three points is no big deal. If you already had nine then fair enough..

lol WELL I SPOKE TO MY DAD AND MY BROTHER, THEY SAID NOT TO WORRY IF I GET POINTS, THEY KNOW PEOPLE AT DVLA WHO CAN REMOVE THE POINTS FOR A COUPLE OFF BUCK SO THEM COPS CAN DO WAT THEY LIKE:)

Really?? Ohhh I'd be interested in knowing how. And all this in the public section of the forum.

This must be one of the most stupid posts Ive seen on a public forum

NUMPTY

i swear to god i spoke to my brother hes done it for loads people and my dad knows some1 as well they said they cant remove the points if its drink driving but if its for other stuff they can remove the points for 300 pounds:)

This thread just gets better and better :)

Your best defence Jazz1 is to just come clean to the judges and tell them that the rat was driving. If, strangely, they don't believe you, you can say that you don't care how many points you get, as you can get them removed for £300.

I'm sure they won't bother going to the effort of giving you the points after that.

Years ago I used to work with a bloke who said that he could get you off drinking and driving by bribing the technicians in the blood testing lab. £250 a go I believe was the going rate, which in the mid '70s was a lot of money.

Strangely, when anyone needed to avail themselves of his services, the particular bloke that took the bribes was never available and not surprisingly, the drunk driver got his year ban and appropriate fine.

Virtually all these stories are in the heads of the story teller, I'm sure that there have been the odd incident over the years, but nobody, not even Jazz1 is stupid enough to tell the world about it if it really happens.

These tales are great for bragging rights down the pub, "I once knew a bloke, who knew a bloke etc" but we'll all have to see what happens to Jazz1 when he gets his points for allowing a rat to be in control of his vehicle :D

Probably just as well you removed the last bit. What would happen, do you think, if your family friend at the dvla (oopsy) was found to be fiddling points and licenses? He'd lose his job and possibly get prosecuted, and you or your old man may be too for attempting to pervert the course of justice or somesuch.

Worst case scenario, you spend a week or two avoiding Big Bubba in the showers . . .

I've only just read this whole thread and have been sniggering away. Some class replies gentlemen, well done! :D

I wasn't speeding, I was driving at a constant speed

What was the speed?

Mini-roundabouts are only in 30 or 40 zones. If you weren't speeding, how could you miss it? Driving without due care and attention means you weren't paying attention to the road, which you blatantly weren't.

If I was a magistrate and you came into court with stupid excuses of rats and scared of coppers and mystical dissappearing animals in the road, I would take great pleasure in banning you from driving forever. I would also sentence you to death by testicular electrocution if I was having a particulalry cheery day.