HID: Group buy!

Ray

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ohh!! What a long thread, and with no apparent conclusions.

Has anyone read/been involved with the whole thread and is able to give me a brief synopsis please (I'm too lazy/at work/can't read all 10 pages:) :giveup: ??

I'm seriously considering HID for my JDM as even with nice, expensive PIAA bulbs fitted, the light output is not exactly 'confidence inspiring' at night!!

Being on a bit of a budget (not skint but not exactly flush either) these kits for under £200 sound OK to me - does anyone have any experience of them yet? Are they worth the bother?

Ohh!! What a long thread, and with no apparent conclusions.

Has anyone read/been involved with the whole thread and is able to give me a brief synopsis please (I'm too lazy/at work/can't read all 10 pages:) :giveup: ??

I'm seriously considering HID for my JDM as even with nice, expensive PIAA bulbs fitted, the light output is not exactly 'confidence inspiring' at night!!

Being on a bit of a budget (not skint but not exactly flush either) these kits for under £200 sound OK to me - does anyone have any experience of them yet? Are they worth the bother?

Basically you have the tried and tested set which is supplied by Nic for approx £290 plus P+P ?

and the cheap set which has not been tried and tested (and maybe shite) via this group buy for £195 + P&P.

But the group buy has flopped.

So contact Nic for prices on the tried and tested kit which many members are very happy with... Or Pm Ultrawong for information on some KDG HID's which will soon be tested by our man Pete.

Hope this makes sense.

Will you be dissapointed if the 'cheap' kit is just as good as the 'expensive' kit?

Absolutely not, I'll buy a couple of sets - would you like me to be disappointed to make you feel better in yourself? ;)

i.e you would have saved yourself £160 if you would have been more daring and trusted Korean products.

Since when have I said I have no trust of Korean products? I simply pointed out the origins of the kit in question when it the quality of Chinese products in general were being slated. I'm simply making the point that an item should be looked at on it's own merits rather than on the basis of a sweeping generalisation.

It's not a matter of being daring, when I bought my kit this group buy didn't exist, the secret non fee paying trader wasn't a member and I wasn't about to randomly try any old kit from a supplier I've not used before. Granted I took a safe option but it's an option I don't regret in the slightest - if you come up with the best kit in the world for 50p I'll be happy that people are saving money, I'm not here to score points.

( i best not speak to soon lol ) :D

Too late for that now isn't it - I'll start baking the humble pie for you and you best invest in a fire extinguiser for when your car turns into a fireball :)

(In jest, I hope they work out to be spot on)

Flying from the uk across europe down to dubai across india and up to hong kong the distance is aprox 8200 miles, going the same way round and onto S.Korea it is 9800 miles. Okay it aint quite 3000 miles like I said but then I didn't actually bother going to measure it until now! If you are wondering, flying around the world the other way across to west coast of USA and then across to Uk is 13200miles.

doesnt seem like that you are very busy...... :D

Will you be dissapointed if the 'cheap' kit is just as good as the 'expensive' kit?

i.e you would have saved yourself £160 if you would have been more daring and trusted Korean products.

( i best not speak to soon lol ) :D

Not really....sometimes you pay a premium for piece of mind.

We Trust Nic and Terminator, these guys have built a reputation on this forum and that takes time and a lot of effort. Not to mention their professionalism.

In one of the earlier threads, Terminator pointed out that similar / identical kits were being offered by DemonTweeks for Close to £450. Considering that, £300-£340(in my case with customs etc) worked out to be a bargain.

Not really....sometimes you pay a premium for piece of mind.

We Trust Nic and Terminator, these guys have built a reputation on this forum and that takes time and a lot of effort. Not to mention their professionalism.

In one of the earlier threads, Terminator pointed out that similar / identical kits were being offered by DemonTweeks for Close to £450. Considering that, £300-£340(in my case with customs etc) worked out to be a bargain.

Makes me feel like paying a little bit extra for a good kit... il see how everything goes with Pete, if they dont turn out as expected i know what kit to buy :)

Thanks Imi, when Phil and I first started sourcing the kits for members, £300 was a cheap price to pay for an HID kit compared to UK prices, as Imi says the exact same kit at the time was retailing at over £550 in the UK.

I'm going to do some more investigating/testing and see if I can find a kit of the same quality at a cheaper delivered price.

Guest Ultrawong

http://gorillafeet.co.uk/album/11/38657176.jpg

They do say a picture speaks a thousand words. I did not take this picture, I have not manipulated this picture except resize it and it is not my car although I wish it was. They are however HID kits I Supplied them.

Some "fancy graphics for ya" hee hee.

http://gorillafeet.co.uk/album/11/38657176.jpg

They do say a picture speaks a thousand words. I did not take this picture, I have not manipulated this picture except resize it and it is not my car although I wish it was. They are however HID kits I Supplied them.

Some "fancy graphics for ya" hee hee.

am I missing something here.....that pic shows nothing about the quality of the HID.....

what we need to see is the beam that the HID produces against the road compared to a normal halogen...

if you want to show a pic that is supposed to convince us, then dont show some random irrelevant one.

Guest Ultrawong

It's not supposed to do anything God can't anyone just share a picture....if I remember right it was not that long ago on this thread that someone posted a picture of a cardboard box!

Carm down. Why does everyone have to think there is an auterior motive. I was just going through some pics and I thought oh thats a nice pic I will post that. It does show you the contrast between normal bulbs which are on the lower part of the car and the HID's which are the other ones! Thats all it was meant to do. This thread is so highly strung, when are folks going to calm down and just get back to the benefits of having HID's whoever you buy them of. I quite frankley don't care who people buy them off and I am certainly not trying to ram it down peoples throats.

IMI with that kind of caring and sharing personality you wouldn't happen to work in customer services would you!

perhaps I was a bit blunt in my post, however the way you posted it seemed like it was showing off how good the HIDs were, while we have reached a stage in this thread where a more useful photo would have been appropriate.

Certainly the photo of the BOX was FAAAAAAAAAR more productive that yours..

IMI with that kind of caring and sharing personality you wouldn't happen to work in customer services would you!

hmm...Ive read most of your posts on this thread...and my personal opinion is that it would be better if you would take this on as constructive criticism and work on developing your professionalism.

This is my personal opinion...huh...no personal insult intended.

Guest Ultrawong

Point taken but so far on this forum it totally feels like nobody get treated with much respect or is innocent until proven guilty. I totally understand that in the past people might have been taken for a ride with various things but anyone who takes the time to get to know me will realise that I AM very professional. Just because after 12 pages of posting we are all still stuck on mutual destruction I get a bit peed does not mean I am not professional, it means I am human. Like I said before getting your efforts trampled on for no reason feels a bit rough especially if you are the sort of person who genuinely likes to help people.

I know in this day and age that people don't take help without sceptisism but there are still a few people out here who are like that and I am sure there are a lot of them on this forum.

Anyway Can we please get back to just good HID stuff as I never intended to get involved and bogged down in mud throwing. That stuff really don't sit well with me.:giveup:

Hope you're not calling me a cute woman Ray!!:) ggrrrrrrrrr heee hee hehe