The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID: Group buy!

Ray

can some one tell me what hid stands for and what it is? sorry for the simpleton question

is it that hid is a conversion for to make you lights like those exspensive optional extras xeon lights ultra bright

once again sorry for the question but i guess we all gotta learn

cheers mark

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

High Intensity Discharge..

HID stands for High Intensity Discharge. It refers to lighting technology that relies on an electrical charge to ignite xenon gas contained in a sealed bulb. The technology of HID automotive lamps is similar to that of common vapor-filled street lamps. HID lighting doesn't have a filament but instead creates light by igniting an arc between two electrodes. HID lights get their name from the intense white light produced by the electrical discharge. HID lamps are also called xenon lamps, referring to a gas inside the lamps. HID general lighting has been used for years in sports arenas and stadiums around the country.

ME: "These kits any good then?"

THEM: "Yeah, now give me some money"

Calling someone with an interest in making money from a product isn't always the most balanced way to gather feedback in my experience :)

Save Arguing over here on quality why not give Chris himself a call at Autobulbs direct on 01794 368834 & perhaps speak to the man himself.

I spoke to him yesterday & he said that these are very high quality kits as good as ome standard hid kits he has sold hundreds with no comebacks & also said kits will most probally out last life of your car & for all this at only £195.00 I think you can not go wrong

& as this being a auto bulb shop me personally think out of the shops interest he will be selling good kits as don't think he will like having a bad reputation for himself.

Guest Ultrawong

This Hid group buy thread is raising a lot of questions for me. I also import Hid lights and funnily enough when I posted a group buy thread on this forum it was deleted instantly. I also feel that there is a lot of grey areas and people are left with so much opposing information. Good bad legal non legal etc etc. The main thing though is the price that you guys are being asked to pay. I am not accusing anyone of anything except that I know how much I get my kits from and I only have a minimum mark up which is enough to enable me to do it. The X5 kit that is available on this group buy is an excellent set as I currently run a set on one of my cars. I paid 250 for them. However I now import and sell Korean KDG HID's (before you say it Michael these kits are just as good as X5's and the Pilot's, the kits you don't like are the chinese ones which I think are awful from experience not rumours) and they come in at 135 pounds plus postage costs. This covers all taxes and 12 months guarentee. No messing no lies no competition against the other sellers on this site. Their products are probably justas good too only not everyone wants to pay 200 plus pounds for them.

http://www.Gorillafeet.co.uk or http://www.Kdgeng.com

Do your research get some photos and look at past results. Thats all you can do.

People on this forum are to scared to try something new :p which is understandable i know there are alot of scammers out there willing to take our money and con us etc...

The thing that pisses me off is Look at Imran for instance, he came here to criticis HID's he knows nothing about, just because they are cheaper than his ones lol

some people... Bleh...! Cheeky sods i tell ya.

Guest Ultrawong

I'm with you ray, people shouldn't slag off the efforts of others who go out of their way to give others the benefits of their labours. Milocoon was your email to me about HID's just a ruse to get information because you didnt have to try and fake a purchase enquiry! I would happily answer anybody's questions anyday of the week.

I only have one username on this site. I posted the HID buy very early in the morning and the next day when I checked it was gone!! I guess the administrators didnt like it.

The thing that pisses me off is Look at Imran for instance, he came here to criticis HID's he knows nothing about, just because they are cheaper than his ones lol

some people... Bleh...! Cheeky sods i tell ya.

LoL Ray, u on drugs??....talk about being delusional....

Show me a single instance where I was critisizing THESE HID kits or saying that the ones I have are better.......?

Look at my post on page 3 where I clearly state that between the two groupbuys the supraforum one looks really interesting......something that I would have personally probably gone for.

So either you are on a different planet and simply cant comprehend whats been said....OR you are one seriously thick individual.

anyway, start another thread if you want to slag me off.....dont personally want to hijack this thread.

Guest Ultrawong

Lets not get heated and snipey here it is not worth it and only diinished the value of the thread. Horses for course and each to their own. Buyers out there are intelligent enough to make their own minds up as long as they have access to the information. I don't know any of you guys and I dont even own a Supra (even though I wouldn't mind one). My friend just bought one and it was talking to him about HIDs that gave me the idea to post on this forum to see if I can make a few people happy. I couldn't believe that some people are paying 300-600 pounds for HIDs wow.

Anyway lets all work together to achieve the same goals and not let rivalry ruin the objectives

Play nicely or the party is over.....yeah like I can do anything about it says the guy who got his first post deleted!! I am not bitter.......really! hee hee:ecstatic:

LoL Ray, u on drugs??....talk about being delusional....

Show me a single instance where I was critisizing THESE HID kits or saying that the ones I have are better.......?

Look at my post on page 3 where I clearly state that between the two groupbuys the supraforum one looks really interesting......something that I would have personally probably gone for.

So either you are on a different planet and simply cant comprehend whats been said....OR you are one seriously thick individual.

anyway, start another thread if you want to slag me off.....dont personally want to hijack this thread.

Chill Ice man. I was just testin you son... to see how 'ice cold' you really are ;)

lol :D

May be Ice Cold....but not dead.... :D

haha! :p

Anyway i understand where you are coming from Imi, i have decided to change my order to the 6000k after reading your information :)

Its just there was so many mixed opinions on HID's i suppose thats because not many people have them as yet.

I know Terminator and Nic's kits are the great judging by the response from members on here etc, afterall its after seeing Lui's HID kit (supplied by Nic) that i have even contemplated going the HID route. Just wish i had the money to purchase a set of those. Unfortunatley thats a bit out of my price range at the moment :(

I just happend to come across that autobulbs site, whilst looking for information on HID's, and then worked out a NON-PROFIT making deal to help members like myself get a kit for cheaper.

Anyway hope this has cleared a few things up... :)

I think people are more than capable on here to determain what is and what is not a good deal, just some research is required. Just want some HID's but not at £300 plus, and these seem to me to be like a good deal and within my budget.

Think ill take the plunge and get a set and can compare pictures 'before and after' and share them with fellow members.

peace out!

My HID kit is the one supplied buy Nic, we spent along time researching it before we started up a group buy. You get what you pay for with HID, it is a big earner for AM part sellers. There is a lot of absolute rubbish out there and some very unhappy punters. Some kits dont give as much illumination as some of the brighter halogen bulbs available. Dont be fooled by HID demo pics taken against a light reflective surface, its done to make them look brighter. You really need to see them in a car with one lamp converted and one stock head on from a distance. Some kits just dont make that much difference. There was a GB some time ago with cheap HID kits which led to a few complaints as the light output was not what individuals expected. Beware kits designed just to give an HID look.

I have 6500K bulbs which give a very intense white light with a slight blue tint, looks very much like the OEM HID beams on the latest big Mercs. Never been a problem with the police. 8000K are very purple MAXP looking and could draw unwanted attention.

I think mine have been in for 18 months now, at MOT they were perfectly alligned. They have excellent beam pattern and superb penetration in wet gloomy conditions. They are very quick to start up approx two seconds with an intense burst at first start so HID kits with give you this. You dont get a pathetic weak beam when you just flash the lights. The best night time safety mod I have ever done. If you go for main beams you will need a relay no matter what any web site will tell you.

I have 6500K bulbs which give a very intense white light with a slight blue tint, looks very much like the OEM HID beams on the latest big Mercs. Never been a problem with the police. 8000K are very purple MAXP looking and could draw unwanted attention

TBH i thought it would be brighter with 8000k, will defo be going for the 6000k.

However I now import and sell Korean KDG HID's (before you say it Michael these kits are just as good as X5's and the Pilot's, the kits you don't like are the chinese ones which I think are awful from experience not rumours) and they come in at 135 pounds plus postage costs.

I presume the Michael you mention in your post is me?

I have no problem with where any kit comes from, I just found it amusing that in the initial thread the X5's were being advertised as "not cheap Chinese made rubbish" when they were Korean.

At the end of the day it's how they perform and how they continue to perform that counts - these ones and the £135 ones might be great for some folks, at the group buy price you might as well give them a go.