HID: Group buy!

Ray

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:giveup: This is a reply from from another Internet supplier.

Hi Milo

Thanks for your email

I am pleased to say that the HID kits I sell all have UV filters and are therefore safe for plastic lenese. Most of the cars I have sold kits for have had plastic lenses including some of our own cars.

I also have sold a kit to a guy with the same car as you with the 9006J. As the forum says the uk 9006 bulbs have the tabs in the right place, but the diameter is too big, and the 9005 has the right diameter but wring tabs. I modified the 9005s and they fit perfect. Happy customer, not heard from him sinceJ

You need to file the tabs, and not use a sharp knife to cut them as they break if you do it that way. It only takes a few mins to alter them.

I recommend the Pilot kit for your car- and as a forum member I can do it for 199.99 plus pp. The kits I have use stainless steel ballasts not painted ones!

You can buy using the following link, and I also keep the 9005 and 9006 in stock http://www.hids4u.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=155

Regards

Ian

Well my HID kit arrived today from the US seller supervtec. Came in at £246 including P&P via FedEx Priority (no tax) - I bought it on eBay on the 13th, so the guy's pretty quick! Anyway the ballasts are Philips LVQ 212-L300's and the bulbs are apparently Bosch, although it's notoriously hard to tell where they came from for certain as the D2S/R bases with this info on are taken off to put the new base on. The ballasts come with plastic cases for extra protection and mounting, there's a full harness included with relays to draw power from the battery rather than the existing loom. There are also cable ties and sticky pads to mount the ballasts.

Attached is a photo of the kit. I will hopefully install this tomorrow weather permitting and post my findings!

hidkit.jpg

Guest Ultrawong

Did you not get any rubber gromits built into your cables from the bulb? If not how are you going to seal the bulbs into the light housing to make it watertight and prevent dirt ingress?

The ballasts look nice though.

Guest Ultrawong

Without a sealed light housing wont you get condensation and moisture inside the light. In a lot of the Kits available you have to cut a hole in the back of the light access caps and fit the gromit. This allows the wires out yetkeep the seal. Unless the 9005/9006 bulbs seal themselves as I notice a red oring on a lot of the HID bulb pictures!

Without a sealed light housing wont you get condensation and moisture inside the light. In a lot of the Kits available you have to cut a hole in the back of the light access caps and fit the gromit. This allows the wires out yetkeep the seal. Unless the 9005/9006 bulbs seal themselves as I notice a red oring on a lot of the HID bulb pictures!

The 9005/9006 bulbs and also the HID bulb have a sealing 'O' ring fitted.

Most headlights are'nt sealed, they have vents installed.

As far as air mail costs to take into consideration, last time I looked at a map S.Korea is futher away to the UK than Hong kong by about 3000 miles!

:welcome: to the group by the way but you really do need a new map :whistle:

474 miles closer...unless S.K. has moved recently

Guest Ultrawong

Loks, are you using one of those bendy maps and a ruler to make the distances shorter!:rlol:

Flying from the uk across europe down to dubai across india and up to hong kong the distance is aprox 8200 miles, going the same way round and onto S.Korea it is 9800 miles. Okay it aint quite 3000 miles like I said but then I didn't actually bother going to measure it until now! If you are wondering, flying around the world the other way across to west coast of USA and then across to Uk is 13200miles.

No commercial jet will fly over the remotest parts of the world to get here. Technically S. Korea is probably closer to Uk as the crow flys in a straight line over the most northern parts of Russia and the northern hemisphere but do you think they will be allowed to Fly over North Korea!!!

My maps are fine thanks as they belong to google earth!

You wouldn't be a friend of Nic's would you by any chance!?

Going back to subject,

Those HID's look fine Michael BUT I wouldnt say that they were any better than the one's I get, in fact I am very quietly confident that they are no better. I am sure as hell not going to say they are worse as perforance can only tell that. I am sure they will work great, but...how much did you pay again? Hehehe before things get heated again I am winding you up Micheal!!

Those HID's look fine Michael BUT I wouldnt say that they were any better than the one's I get, in fact I am very quietly confident that they are no better. I am sure as hell not going to say they are worse as perforance can only tell that. I am sure they will work great, but...how much did you pay again? Hehehe before things get heated again I am winding you up Micheal!!

Like I said earlier I'm no HID expert, this is the first kit I've purchased, the only kit I've fitted and the only HID equipped car I've driven in the dark, I have very little to compare with other than information I've read :)

I'm more than happy to accept that other kits may be a lot better and / or cheaper than what I have - having just searched the old posts I believe I paid £295 including P&P.

I'm looking forward to seeing the feedback on other kits - as I said before I'd quite like to add more HIDs to my car and have no real bias towards a particular make or supplier at present.

BTW you aren't winding me up yet ;)

Like I said earlier I'm no HID expert, this is the first kit I've purchased, the only kit I've fitted and the only HID equipped car I've driven in the dark, I have very little to compare with other than information I've read :)

I'm more than happy to accept that other kits may be a lot better and / or cheaper than what I have - having just searched the old posts I believe I paid £295 including P&P.

I'm looking forward to seeing the feedback on other kits - as I said before I'd quite like to add more HIDs to my car and have no real bias towards a particular make or supplier at present.

BTW you aren't winding me up yet ;)

Will you be dissapointed if the 'cheap' kit is just as good as the 'expensive' kit?

i.e you would have saved yourself £160 if you would have been more daring and trusted Korean products.

( i best not speak to soon lol ) :D