The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stupid bitch killed my Supra

Chiefgroover

Really sorry to hear this Ernie. The car was immaculate. I even drove it the day that pic was taken and as you say it was a masterpiece of a Supra.

Like every one else is saying, at least you're still here.

Not sure you'll easily find another UK car with 30-something thousand miles on it though. I have some nice pics of it here that I'll post. There was something about the light that day at Holywood that made the silver look better than I've ever seen it. Maybe it was just the colour of your car.

Re. the 'phone records. Your only chance is that she had been texting back and forward to someone for a while. If she was mid text on her first message, and hadn't pressed 'Send', then the records won't show anything. Fingers crossed for you. I'd still mention it in your statement though. That will be reason enough for the Police to be able to look into it.

Make sure you get the car back. With a write-off like that, you'll probably have to agree to wait for your full pay-out until you have the shell crushed. This happened with me a couple of years ago. They paid me half of the money and I didn't get the other half until I produced a certificate of destruction. They had to be sure that the car never went on the road again. It also gives you a increases your options because you can take a lower offer on the car and still make more money by selling some of the parts than you would by holding out for an extra grand or two from the insurance claim.

Let me know if there's anything we can do here for you. Keep us up to date with how you are getting on anyway.

Brian and Angie.

:(

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg, i cant beleive this happened to you. all down to some stupid idiot woman using her mobile. hope you can take her for all you can get.

if i had my way i would ban mobiles from cars, both handset and handsfree. few seem to pull over to side of road to use them

main thing is you survived this, and yeah, it proves you made right choice to get a Supra. You will get another one, and set it up like before, i am sure of it. seeing the photos here, it sure was a nice car. just keep the faith as it will be ok.

you are amongst friends here, who you know will help you all they can, and support you

Dude, not good :( Glad you came out ok though. What i can't understand is that when people drive at this time of year, they should be taking twice as many precations. WTF was she thinking messing about with her phone while driving?? I would have crushed it with my foot if i had found it on the road.

Out of intrest how old was she??