The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Don’t you just hate people shouting ‘Is that a Supra’.

Pudsey

21 hours ago, SupraAyf said:

I miss that TBH. I best the car out of the garage and back on the road.

Embrace the love I say 😍

Ha might be a bit of a novelty if your not out and about much.

Weather just about to turn now too.

19 hours ago, Suprakeith said:

I love it when people say it and when kids say wow, puts a smile on my face.

Yes, that’s alright.

Its people screaming at you, with that YouTube video enactment drives me crazy. 

9 hours ago, raddys said:

I find it absolutely cringe! much prefer them to smile or wave etc

Glad I’m not the only one ha.

I really can’t believe they do it, you don’t see people shouting things at other cars do you.

weird social media thing I guess.

Never heard this myself.

Only ever been shouted at once from the driver of another car asking is that a twin turbo followed by is it a manual. There was another instance when a sweet young girl sat in the car alongside told me that my car happened to be her boyfriends favourite car. I told her it has been an amazing car but to tell her boyfriend that a lovely girlfriend beats an amazing car every day, she really loved that so there was then one happy girlfriend and happy boyfriend in one car together. 

You can never spread too much happiness.

I don't mind it, still get some general thumbs up, admiring glances etc, to me in essence it's just a modern sign of Supra appreciation, so few out and about these days that it just attracts general car people and they like to see one, and the younger ones can utter this phrase?

My last cringe was a group of 4 20 to 30s lads giving the car a standing ovation as i drove past.

Closely followed to being invited to a meet called super car Saturday in thanet. I assumed there would be no actual "super cars"  only to roll up and end up parked next to two  mclarens and the final nail a F40 that where concourse perfect. 

With my 30 year old toyota, that had misty headlights and a few stone chips. My only joy was watching the guy trying to get out of the f40 while 40 people filmed him  

Not a single "is that a supra" that day. 

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Pudsey said:

Is surprising how many people tend to love it still.

I took my Supra along to my very local classic car show this Summer and there were boys of all ages from 10 years up crawling all over it. I let anyone who wanted to sit in the car and have their pictures taken and there were plenty who did.

The good thing for Supra owners is this means the Supra will still be relevant in 40 years time whereas most of the enthusiasm for the vast bulk of cars there at the show, a good many that had me drooling, will have literally died away in the next 20 years. My early 20's daughter has demanded I hand the car over to her, its been a constant part of the family for all of her life so she will very likely get her wish fulfilled one day.