The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie / Oldie

Colin F

Hi everyone,

after joining today and reading some of your posts I find myself in a similar situation to eyefi. I to in 2014 parked up my 1993 UKspec TT auto in a lock up and forgot about it to go flying. The car has been sat in there not seeing the light of day until last week when i popped in to see if it was still there. To my surprise I found under the dust my old supra still exactly as I remembered it.

Now the challenge of getting it back on the road again (as I read today) before petrol runs out.

I have owned the car since 2000 so for 22 years and remember being a member back then using the wealth of information found in this club extremely necessary for running such a vehicle, again reading posts today have helped in the start to the cars return. 

Hopefully I will keep you all posted on my progress and I’m able to put your valuable knowledge to good use.

Many thanks

Colin.

• Like 4

Well you'll be pleased to know your heated seats button is now worth £500! 😄

get a new battery on the shopping list pronto!  

It's nice to hear of people mothing balling, perhaps not surprising as back when you laid it up they weren't worth much at all? 

I removed the battery and changed the oil when I parked it up it has done 110K and up until then had a full TSH

I plan to change the timing belt and carry out the advice i have read on other posts to get it running.

once again thanks for the support.

Is there any recommend sites for parts?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Colin F said:

Hi everyone,

after joining today and reading some of your posts I find myself in a similar situation to eyefi. I to in 2014 parked up my 1993 UKspec TT auto in a lock up and forgot about it to go flying. The car has been sat in there not seeing the light of day until last week when i popped in to see if it was still there. To my surprise I found under the dust my old supra still exactly as I remembered it.

Now the challenge of getting it back on the road again (as I read today) before petrol runs out.

I have owned the car since 2000 so for 22 years and remember being a member back then using the wealth of information found in this club extremely necessary for running such a vehicle, again reading posts today have helped in the start to the cars return. 

Hopefully I will keep you all posted on my progress and I’m able to put your valuable knowledge to good use.

Many thanks

Colin.

Hello and welcome to the club. I will be pestering you over the coming weeks for a bit more info on your car 🙂  We have a register for UK cars in our members area that you can take a look at, the link is in my signature below.

1 hour ago, Colin F said:

I removed the battery and changed the oil when I parked it up it has done 110K and up until then had a full TSH

I plan to change the timing belt and carry out the advice i have read on other posts to get it running.

Prices are all over the place these days with sometimes huge differences depending how quickly they react to the market!

A few to name are:

• Toyota (try your local garage)
  • Amayama
  • TCB Parts
  • Our classifieds

On 6/18/2022 at 8:46 PM, Tyson said:

Prices are all over the place these days with sometimes huge differences depending how quickly they react to the market!

A few to name are:

• Toyota (try your local garage)
  • Amayama
  • TCB Parts
  • Our classifieds

I would add to that list

• Whifbitz 
  • JDM Garage 

They both seem to have good stock on the shelf 

On 6/18/2022 at 7:02 PM, Colin F said:

Give me a shout if you need any parts.... i have most bits that Toyota still do on shelf....