The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best supra ride height stance?

Danza210

14 hours ago, Wishieftrottle said:

Everything was said. I really like lowered cars for their visual aspect, but I am really sad/angry when I scrape lower lip or even active spoiler. So I am somewhere in the middle:

IMG_20220430_133826.jpg

What are the specs of your wheels? Thanks

1 minute ago, Wishieftrottle said:

Front: 17x8 ET 35 with 235/45 

Rear: 17x9,5 ET 38 with 255/40

Thank you, I've gone for the same wheels but in a different size and I was worried they looked too small but yours are 17s I guess.

Out of the factory there was a 10mm difference with the optional Toyota Billstein setup 10mm lower than the standard setup. I found that out when I had my chassis tune up. That was 10mm on each corner so no raking going on which would likely affect (worsen) your handling and fuel consumption over the factory setup.

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion but I raised this one slightly I don't sweat speed bumps etc 0 scrape.

Nothing worse than living with a car some bell sprout has slammed on its tits and has rubbing tyres I was too old for that shit at 17 never mind now.

On 5/4/2022 at 8:10 AM, mattdavies said:

I like the stance of mine, however reecently I have had to swap the front suspension so it is no longer looking like this. I have plans in the works to get the stance back 

IMG_0061.JPG

Love the photo & that’s the stance I’m taking about perfection 

I’m with those where practicality overrules style.  No point having a car with an aggressive stance that can’t go over a speed bump.

Do any of those with the above stance or lower stance cars suffer from trip anxiety?

I remember buying my first supra in 2006 and on the way home being unable to get into some motorway services because the car was too low.  I had to reverse back up the slip road.