The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who’s thinking of selling up soon?

drift_bear

Prices are certainly up, often higher than the grade of the car deserves, but that's supply and demand for you.

We don't often get to know what a car actually sells for, so despite some of the eye watering asking prices, I suspect there are some reasonable purchases to be made.

Having said that, the days of a £10-£15k TT/single are long gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drift_bear said:

Old timer looking to potentially return for supra number 5! Is it worth looking at coming back into supra ownership? All I tend to see are overpriced cars everywhere that have been sitting for a while.. 

Any NA/TT auto, or even manuals kicking about for a sensible price? 

That all depends on your perception of a sensible price. I doubt you would see anything at all under £15k, even at £15k they will be NA's most of which will probably need a chunk of money spending on them to bring them back to a reasonable standard. Everyone is holding out for prices to plateau so supply is short which makes it a sellers market right now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tyson said:

Everyone is holding out for prices to plateau so supply is short which makes it a sellers market right now.

I think, with most Supras are now in long term ownership so most everyone is aware that once sold, its almost certainly a one way ticket out of Supra Mk1v ownership.

This reasonable price idea is a open ended concept, one persons reasonable is another's insult. Probably why its always better to put up a ceiling price just to pitch it as a serious punt or just wishful thinking. UK Mkiv prices are pretty much the cheapest in the World so if the deal isn't here chances are that it isn't anywhere.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

How you doing Alex!!

I know how you feel, after selling my 1st Supra back in ‘14/15 it’s something I totally regret. Kick my self every day. 

‘97 Tiptronic with 40000km+ on clock for £8500, now I see the prices and know I really shouldn’t have. One way ticket out of Supra world. 
But hey, live and learn. 😞

Edited by Calzo21 (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

I don't think anybody will let a turbo supra go for less then 30K, if money is not needed urgently.

The UK used to be a nice market for us in germany, since the prices were way lower than over here. I got mine from London. But since the UK is not in the EU anymore, we'd have to pay import tax, what destroys the prices completly.

I got mine (TT/AT) up for sale in germany for 50K €. Maybe a bit overpriced - a realistic price would be around 40K €. But considering it will get the historical registration (30 years old) next year, I think prices will go a bit more. Seems like everybody in germany is waiting on the 30 year mark.

I hardly got any inquiry for mine. One guy from switzerland would be willing to pay the asked 50K, when he's able to do a testride in march. My supe is only registrated from March to October - that's why he has to wait.

But honestly, I don't think, I'll sell it. Not even for 50K. I'm dead sure, it'll be a one way ticket. Damn, I don't even think, I'll sell, if somebody would lay down 60K. 🤣

6 hours ago, Thomas_germany said:

I got mine (TT/AT) up for sale in germany for 50K €. Maybe a bit overpriced - a realistic price would be around 40K €. But considering it will get the historical registration (30 years old) next year, I think prices will go a bit more. Seems like everybody in germany is waiting on the 30 year mark.

What happens in Germany at the 30year old mark?

You can get a H-Registration.

H stands for historical. The car has to be in mint condition and OEM expect of contemporary tuning (parts +10 years from first registration are allowed). So body kits, wheels, single turbo etc. should be possible.

Therefore, the yearly tax is less with the H-registration, you can get an oldtimer insurance (also cheaper) and you are allowed to enter the emission restricted zones again.

Maybe a bit hard to explain. But it's like worth to protect as a (car-)cultural good.

• Like 1

Sounds similar to our 40 year classic car system?

Prices have really accelerated these last few years, we don't see/hear of many new £30K buyers but presumably they are out there, although most cars advertised seems to be staying advertised rather than actually changing hands quickly?

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.