The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Krimi's EU Spec VVTi Supra Single Turbo G35-1050 (The Journey, from Twins to Single)

Krimi

21 hours ago, Dieter said:

Hi, very, very good, this is definitely the best options to the silicone compounds

👋👍

You should be really careful with the precision of the welds, but definitely the way to go to prevent pipes to pop!  

21 hours ago, Mike2JZ said:

I see those types of clamps leak all the time, make sure pipework is perfectly square with each other and smoke test once installed. 

Nice build!

Jup!! 100% aware of this problem, smoke test is a must always when going quick clamp. Thanks also for the advice!! 

Changing plans, we go with the vvti manifold to avoid the VVTi solenoid in the front part of the head.

Intake done, and tomorrow or thursday we should receive last bits to have everything over the desk to check for leftovers.

7734ADE1-5A55-45DB-9145-5C49402794B3.jpeg

DC6E808F-084A-4CAF-AF8B-C9DBEEE27633.jpeg

13E88E8F-F154-4313-886F-F78A7494F561.jpeg

• Like 2

Manifold come back from fabricator, so much more room now, need to modify the DP because now the turbo sits differently.

Also now the turbokit is fully done just making Turbo and manifold covers to go thru MOT here in Spain, the inspections are getting worse and worse across the years. So intake to OEM Box just to the inspection and cover for the whole turbo. Also a cover for underside in the making.

0387B7C0-CD73-4043-9279-8CD2ED2B601E.jpeg

E28882EC-5568-4F0A-B10B-C0E215F5C573.jpeg

EB629E35-648A-4597-926D-8651B99CC48A.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm interested into your cover you're builidng. I recently also converted to singleturbo and in Austria inspections and police are getting crazy too. I gonna need to cover my turbo as well. A few years ago I saw Supra to sell in germany. The Supra was super inconspicuous. It had over 1000hp but you wouldn't recognize it. He had also covers in the engine bay. I added the only two pictures I saved from the advertisement. May the pictures can help you with the cover build

IMG_9372.jpg

IMG_9364.jpg

Edited by MKIV_Danny (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Just now, MKIV_Danny said:

I'm interested into you cover you are builidng. I recently also converted to singleturbo and in Austria inspections and police are getting crazy too. I gonna need to cover my turbo as well. A few years ago I saw Supra to sell in germany. The Supra was super inconspicuous. It had over 1000hp but you wouldn't recognize it. He had also covers in the engine bay. I added the only two pictures I saved from the advertisement. May the pictures can help you with the cover build

IMG_9372.jpg

IMG_9364.jpg

i believe these were built by SRD as part of his build. there is a thread on here somewhere, the guy had the torque monster kit fitted 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MKIV_Danny said:

I'm interested into your cover you're builidng. I recently also converted to singleturbo and in Austria inspections and police are getting crazy too. I gonna need to cover my turbo as well. A few years ago I saw Supra to sell in germany. The Supra was super inconspicuous. It had over 1000hp but you wouldn't recognize it. He had also covers in the engine bay. I added the only two pictures I saved from the advertisement. May the pictures can help you with the cover build

IMG_9372.jpg

IMG_9364.jpg

Hi Danny,

Yes I remember this build back in the day and was done by Lee at SRD.

My covers are custom, so depends on your turbo, we can make a copy for you or try to find the way to build something that works for you. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Pudsey said:

Such a shame to have to cover that delight on the eyes up.

Looks awesome, so clean, and well put to together.

Hard piping on the waste gate is pretty damn special too 😀

It will be covered only for 30 mins while in MOT hahaha

Thanks!! A lot of work to end up with this final product! 

8 hours ago, mattdavies said:

How hard was the Hard piping for the turbo and wastegate ? 

Do you have a list of tools and parts ? 

All of the hard lines are custom made with an special machine by a company near to the workshop, so I cant give you much details 😞

Oil feed and oil return in place, water lines also in place and tested 🙂

This month is going to be busy for me, so we will focus in work to take out the engine, paint, and open to reseal the housings of the V160. And some weekend my friend in charge for the wiring will finish it.

I finally change the ECU and the tuner, we go MaxxEcu 🙂

FDD0404F-1475-4B86-B2AC-268348C65F78.jpeg

84C8F6CB-573E-44D3-B0E2-242DD8E070CD.jpeg

• Like 1