The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Krimi's EU Spec VVTi Supra Single Turbo G35-1050 (The Journey, from Twins to Single)

Krimi

2 hours ago, mattdavies said:

Was this the JP Led Worx DIY Kit ? 

Was it relatively straight forward ? Would you do it again or would you just pay to have it done by him ?

Yes thats JP Led Work kit, Im doing it myself, not an easy job if you are not used to play with wires. When I finish the tacho I would let you know about the final difficulty level haha

• Like 1

Car starting to come back to normality. New fmic, wiring of the bay back in and simplify coil resistor and ignitor, blablabla

Tomorrow we will start with the fuel system till we wait for a new order with some leftovers like new blanket for firewall and gaskets for the parts removed for repaint.

EC3BBCD5-CD8E-4BDD-ABD0-A7448C3CD855.jpeg

81FF41DE-C6B2-434B-B9B8-01C8165240F2.jpeg

6214B3F3-95B2-4D4F-B81D-546C45AF824C.jpeg

121AF97B-7FA8-4875-AC95-C48886577230.jpeg

DBE4A8A0-6B97-4471-B79C-EC00B02E53DB.jpeg

Edited by Krimi (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Krimi,

Whats the complication with the wiring? That new loom is looking great by the way. Got to admit wiring is my weakness, frightens me more than anything mechanical as it can be a real pain trying to isolate and fix faults. Bit easier if it’s not in the car as I spent many a day upside down in the footwell trying to reconnect everything after swapping my dash over for the flocked one, so feel the pain mate. 

Hopefully nothing too crazy and you get it sorted my friend. Good luck! 

All the best,

Pete

5 hours ago, Peter P said:

Hey Krimi,

Whats the complication with the wiring? That new loom is looking great by the way. Got to admit wiring is my weakness, frightens me more than anything mechanical as it can be a real pain trying to isolate and fix faults. Bit easier if it’s not in the car as I spent many a day upside down in the footwell trying to reconnect everything after swapping my dash over for the flocked one, so feel the pain mate. 

Hopefully nothing too crazy and you get it sorted my friend. Good luck! 

All the best,

Pete

Nothing crazy just too much work and waiting time there, is like a chinese illegal work in a basement hahaha 

Hope to finish this soon and start with the mechanical part.

• Like 1

Well as we mentioned before I’m waiting patiently to see what you think and what numbers you make with that Garrett G35-1050. Hopefully it makes good numbers and with both of us on VVT-I, should be a good indicator of what I can expect especially now we are both 6-speed manual as well. 

Fingers crossed my friend, hopefully good things to come soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter P said:

Well as we mentioned before I’m waiting patiently to see what you think and what numbers you make with that Garrett G35-1050. Hopefully it makes good numbers and with both of us on VVT-I, should be a good indicator of what I can expect especially now we are both 6-speed manual as well. 

Fingers crossed my friend, hopefully good things to come soon. 

On pump, we expect 550-650rwhp. Something in between this range. Lets see!

• Like 1