The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Krimi's EU Spec VVTi Supra Single Turbo G35-1050 (The Journey, from Twins to Single)

Krimi

9 hours ago, 7677243 said:

Nice job Krimi, I've just done a similar scale build and can  appreciate the attention to detail. Great job! Enjoy that, a fun decade of trouble free hooning ahead 😉

Curious on what you did to restore the door cards. They look great. Did you remove the full skin and start from there?

Thanks! Not that much people appreciate this kind of jobs nowadays.

The door cards and armrests was done by a guy here who is specialized in restoration, he uses a “Color Lock” technique just for you to search in your country if anyone is prepared to do this, results are AWESOME.

• Like 1

I have a problem with the Super Pro diff bushings, a lot of people are also experiencing the same problem, the rear ones start to bend with literally no abuse, and BPU car… 

SuperPro will send new ones asap, but I think that this is a design problem. Lets see what happens when it arrives, I will take the opportunity to take down the rear subframe and put everything new.

25A842D1-2C90-4CB1-ADA7-FED2CB8B9BAF.jpeg

F27A3C50-E204-4E2E-94A5-2E527DF906D7.jpeg

Edited by Krimi (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, Peter P said:

Stunning Krimi, really looks great. You should be immensely proud mate, done a cracking job and the car is a real credit to you. 👍

Very nice indeed. 🙂 

Thanks mate!! Im really happy with all the work now, but new things in the horizon!! 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SupraAyf said:

I can't honestly fault a single bit of your car - it's truly faultless.

A credit to you sir 😉

All the best,

Andrew

Hahahaha thanks mate 🙂 Only thing left in the exterior its just to install the TS diffuser and see how the car looks with everything installed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krimi said:

Hahahaha thanks mate 🙂 Only thing left in the exterior its just to install the TS diffuser and see how the car looks with everything installed.

It'll be great to see the finished pics.

This is my full TS carbon diffuser set-up but be warned that it lowers the rear clearance to such an extent that any curb can easily become a problem.

.........now get that car finished, lol😉

20220113_191732.jpg.babec51ddb584dc43d449f63a281bb46.jpg

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, SupraAyf said:

It'll be great to see the finished pics.

This is my full TS carbon diffuser set-up but be warned that it lowers the rear clearance to such an extent that any curb can easily become a problem.

.........now get that car finished, lol😉

20220113_191732.jpg.babec51ddb584dc43d449f63a281bb46.jpg

Thats my main worry that the ground clearance will be too low. Lets see!!

After a all the repair process I experience boost inconsistency with the car after hitting 1.3 bar, its something like the boost pressure goes away, and goes down to 1 bar, directly after that goes to another spike of 1.3 bar, and after that start to goes down to 0.8 bar.

Today I change all the vacuum hoses of the car, do the Spring Mod to hold the weak stock wastegates to prevent it from premature opening and completely remove the operation of the EGCV, now, 1.4 bar spike, and 1.3 stable boost to the redline, the car feels really quick now! I will try to dyno asap to have some figures.

052BF8CE-B1CE-4C5F-A569-371D63E5457D.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

News! 

I drop the car on monday in the paintshop to paint correction process and install the TS Diffuser, lets see!! 

Also I order the TRD Tacho and speedo, and the full led HVAC and tacho conversion to homogenize the interior of the car with the new radio screen. Good update for our old crappy cars 🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Krimi said:

News! 

I drop the car on monday in the paintshop to paint correction process and install the TS Diffuser, lets see!! 

Also I order the TRD Tacho and speedo, and the full led HVAC and tacho conversion to homogenize the interior of the car with the new radio screen. Good update for our old crappy cars 🙂

Nice! 👍

Makes a huge difference doing the dash clocks and HVAC controls. Sent mine off to the States for Stu Hagen to do. So happy with the results. Here’s a before and after, bit of a difference! Lol. 

4FAAFAB8-6465-4DB9-9C80-C8E719840E5C.jpeg

C838861C-156F-4D91-9D11-EE9655F42C30.jpeg

• Like 4

• Krimi changed the title to Krimi's EU Spec VVTi Supra Single Turbo G35-1050 (The Journey, from Twins to Single)