The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Power!

Fitz

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been to a tidy meet at a pub in the next village to mine. Jap Mid Wales I think it was but they have some guys from Wrocestershire come along too. I'll find more details out but if anyone is from that neck of the woods get involved, some stunning cars there:)

Hey Stevo, yea shame you didn't make it, was good but very wet! I nearly lost the backend on a few corners but my quick reflexes I pulled through :D Also I experienced very bad hydroplaning and found myself going sideways down a country lane at 80leps o_O and braking in these conditions weren't too good either. But other than that it was a good day out yea, really tested the car on those roads like a track. Hope theres another one next year, I've been wanting to attend after watching 2006's video. I posted a short vid up in there Lakes thread if your interested :)

I had a DB9 follow me on my journey home today. I waited for a clear stretch of road so I could show him true Supra spirit and take the glory! So, just as a nice clear mile came up..

I gave him a wave and turned off.

One day, I'll have a fast car. :(

Well the waiting continues. I have just spoken to the bodyshop who were meant to be calling me with their quote for fixing my side skirt and a few other little things. "Shit, sorry I forgot about it, I call you next week.":taped: Ive also spoken to Cobra and they are still waiting for an exact date from their engineer to as when the subframes will be ready. And my bumper? Ahhhhhhhhhh:taped: Its worse cause the car is so, so close to being totally done and as far as it can go really for an NA daily driver.

At this rate I can save enough to get a bloody DB9 before the supe is ready:D

A TT engine is a lot lower in power than my na if you take the turbos off. Thats why im keeping my engine for my project.

BTW Alex, yes to some degree your correct but if you got BPU it does use a little more. Obviously you go BPU for a reason and thats for power. People who want power tend to put their foot down at any opportunity hence the fuel consumption... if you get what I mean lol

Put the manifold on tonight. Had a few problems though . The gasket (a new one) where the down pipe meets the 2nd decat wouldn't stay in place as it had nothing to sit on so need to find one to fit, the mating of those 2 pipe (the angle) wasn't great so its blowing there a bit. And because of the fitment there it meant it was catching the engine mount. So we used 4 gaskets for each part which worked but then fucked the stud up. So its blowing a bit at the head too:( I'll try and find the part number for the stud and sort it out asap and have a word with Nic to see if he can suggest a gasket for the down pipe:)

TBH it doesn't sound too bad and when its been tidied up will be superb:eyebrows:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.