The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Power!

Fitz

Im after some too but I've seen too many stories like bride and cobra subframes not fitting even though they are designed to be fitted into a supra. I have money to spend on other things than fabricating frames into my car when they should fit to start with :(

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were never banned Animal! What for? After watching 2006 Lakes Run I've wanted to go for ages but my holiday was always around that time. 2007 looked a bit dull on the vid especially with the M&S music but yea can't wait :)

Im back:D Great driving around scotland but next time I'll be going right up to the Highlands for the drive:eyebrows: Mark, mate all i do is wash the supe. Its th polishing I dont do:tongue::D

The seats have been ordered Dazzi:) I dealt directly with Cobra who are based in Telford which is only 30 mins away. They have apparently sorted the issue with the sub frames which imi off here highlighted to them. They have taken a Bride subframe which he supplied (I think) and have used that as a template:) Imi is very happy with the outcome but mine will be the 1st set since his so they have asked me to go there to get them fitted. This is a good thing as they will get it spot on and are sure they wont have any issues:) if they do they will sort it so Im in good hands. The frames are taking between 2 and 3 weeks to produce so im looking at late next week or early the week after. Im going to have to pull a sickie as I have no more holiday time left:innocent: I will post pics and a detailed(ish) report on the fitting, along with pics of the new wheels which im really starting to love the look of now on the car and my new Stillen which should finally be ready this week:)

I appreciate the autobox for the work commute Adam, but for a fun drive it's just sucking the enjoyment out of it. :( I suppose it won't be so bad when I have the other one on the road, then I can at least have some manual fun prior to my being able to afford a conversion!

I will do when I get there! I've got a stock airbox in my back seat to fit to the white one, hopefully picking up calipers/discs this week as well. It's going to be tight to get it running nicely before the track day though, still need full service / clutch change.. buckets are probably going to have to wait until next year and I need to get a helmet!

When is your stillen being done? I'd like to see it on a properly done car so I can decide whether to shift it to the red one or not... :D

Well thats a bit differant:)

Im still waiting to put that bloody manifold on. The guy doing my bumper is having some familly crisis as he seems to be sleeping in a camper van somewhere, not with his wife and kids. So I cant get hold of him to see if its done:(

My girlfriends bro has just split up with hiss girlfriend so aint in the mood to do the manifold, and I cant really push him on it too hard cause he's a bit gutted:(

And Im still waiting for the subframes to be made for the seats:(

Im not a patient person at the best of times so this is killing me:taped:

Cheers mate, thats a nice gesture:) Shropshire is a bit like the Shire:D

Just found out my bumper hasn't even been started yet:taped: I will get a quote from the guy Im seeing tonight for that as well (but he's a busy guy so will probably leave it where it is). At this rate I'll be getting a full respray done:blink: Cant afford that though:( The brother in law has a couple of pulsars and 2 skylines in his workshop at the moment but the pulsars will be out within a week so we'll do the manifold then:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.