The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Power!

Fitz

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't think I can be arsed spending money on a TT swap now as im leaving the UK in April, I don't really see the point so i'll be staying NA. The body work still needs sorting with some spats and a Do-Luck front and I might get some black wheels, so will be a right minter (especially the engine thats loosened up nicely over the years) :p

Las Cruces, New Mexico. I've got relitives out there. The temperature last week was 120 and averages about 79 at night. Will be quite a shock to the system but glad to leave the damn rain behind. Oh yea, it rained for the 1st time in 4 years recently too :p

Hoff, i've heard the recent batch that was made for the group buy didn't clear the steering rack again :(

BTW im not off to TOTB now, my UK brakes have seized up causing my car to overheat. I've just had to shell out 250 quid on new UK brakes :( I only wanted to change the pads :( :( :(

What a ball buster

you can put a aftermark ECU on but its pointless, the stock map is good. to start with if you were to mod the n/a 6-3-1 manifold, straight though exhaust, hks 264hks(jun) intake cam, reprofiled exhuast cam, then you would need to have a ecu, then your take block work from there on in........

The price you would pay to get 50 more HP out of your na without the use of nos or a turbo, you could probably buy a TT engine and do a single turbo conversion for the same price but a totally different power band.

Fitted my ASI Alloy Radiator today. Easy as pie but I was shocked to see the state of my old rad. I lightly touched the fins and they broke away into dust :(

I've just filled it with 50/50 coolant (4 litres) and I've ran out!!!!!! argggh off to get some more.

I got it off ebay from ASI China

Bought last week and arrive quicker than my replacement UK brakes I ordered on Monday from Kent! Very good quality just like the Koyo Rads. Was tight to get in but it made it.

Few pics:

1 Litres oil bottles for thickness reference

Before I installed this my temps were going very high, I think this was due to the rad cap. One was supplied with the rad already. When i took the old rad out the fins turned into dust with light finger pressure :taped: so anyway I flushed the engine out and added 50/50 coolant just to be on the safe side with my new one. I certainly see a difference in cooling now and have had no overheating what so ever. Btw the cap doesn't touch the bonnet as some do so thats great. Very pleased with this I am, best thing i've bought for the supra so far :)

Link to the discussion on the forum Here

Hey Animal, I chose RP when you showed me the bottle at the 2nd dyno day at Miami GT. Took your advice that its good stuff :)

I got mine from Oil Shop UK . Pretty expensive but I'd rather pay the price for oil than a new engine. The car only took 5 litres (I bought a 6 pack package) :)

Cool. Have you noticed any difference with it yet? The Supe got a full fluid change as soon as I got it so I never had anything to go on. Everything else I've used it in has been noticeably smoother & more economical.

Not noticed any drastic changes to performance but have noticed the engine runs a lot cooler and quieter now but that could be due to the rad I installed at the same time as my oil change. Im off on the dyno again late August at Motorscope so will have to see if i've gained 0.1BHP from the oil :p

I use NGK Iridium IX BKR5EIX-11 (5464) and have had no problems. You can buy them from most automotive shops but I found you have to make a special order to get NGK's. I bought mine off ebay for 35 quid.

Other Spark Plugs recommended for NA Supras:

NGK - Standard - BKR5ES-11 (2382)

NGK - V-Power - BKR5EYA-11 (2526)

NGK - G-Power Platinum - BKR5EGP (7090)

NGK -Laser Platinum - BKR5EP-11 (3440)

NGK -OE Laser Iridium - IFR5T11 (4996)

Denso Platinum - PK16R11

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.