The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 2jz project - new YouTube channel

auzzam

Hi boys and girls,

Finally got the courage to get out there and start vlogging the build on my supra. (One of the most un-natural things ever!)

Hopefully a fun way to document it over the coming months and years.

Here is the link, if you could like/subscribe that will help in getting the channel off its feet.

Thanks in advance!

Auzzam

Edited by auzzam (see edit history)

Love the channel name! hahaha - the audio however was a bit low when you were speaking? Good luck and keep the updates coming.

Lol thanks, this was actually the first one I filmed, I didn't realise till after that the camera mic went quiet even with a small amount of wind.

Will try and see what I can do to fix that going forwards

- - - Updated - - -

You have a good spec Supra there. :cool: Interior looks especially tidy.

Before you wrap it, you might want to see about addressing the tailgate rust in the usual spot below the window.

Best of luck with the project :thumbs:

Thanks Delboy, any thoughts on what I could do on the rust? Maybe rub it down and try to treat it.

Ignore the sofa critics bud. Keep grinding but please drop the "umms" - thank me later! I learnt that the hard way when editing my first video... :rlol:

Lol thanks I cringed at it, but will definitely work on it thought id get the first video out there before I backed out

Thanks Delboy, any thoughts on what I could do on the rust? Maybe rub it down and try to treat it.

The rust is also likely to be behind where the glass sits so the glass would ideally need to come out. I'd entrust that one to a pro myself as it's a hefty glass panel and you really don't want to risk breaking it. Yeah, rub down until it's all gone then paint over to protect it.

Nice one with the video btw. Keep them coming :)

Have a look here: https://www.youtube.com/MoreViews

Perhaps there may be an opportunity to work together in the future... :thumbs:

Nice one - subscribed - and yes definitely up for a collaboration once I get up and running

- - - Updated - - -

The rust is also likely to be behind where the glass sits so the glass would ideally need to come out. I'd entrust that one to a pro myself as it's a hefty glass panel and you really don't want to risk breaking it. Yeah, rub down until it's all gone then paint over to protect it.

Nice one with the video btw. Keep them coming :)

Thanks bud!

Nice start, as someone in a similar position and also adding the half carbon Ridox kit (see my build thread), I echo the comments about sorting out the tailgate rust. Mine has some minor rust/bubbling, so having the rear glass taken out professionally to get it treated thoroughly before fitting new OEM seals. Car had non-OEM seals anyway which didn’t fit properly, so was always my intention to change them (front also non-OEM).

Given it’s on 19’s, likely the rear arches have been rolled. I’d check them closely to see if they were done properly. Mine weren’t, so are being re-done to remove rust and damage before the Ridox skirts are bonded into place. You may find rust under the stock side skirts and hockey sticks, this is pretty common. Again, get these sorted properly before you get it wrapped. If not, wrap may look ok, but the rust will only continue to spread and it will rot from inside your wrap. At least this way the car will still be in good shape when you decide to paint or re-wrap later on. :)

Look forward to following your progress and getting some tips for the engine bay as mine is also in need of some TLC to look better. Best of luck and thanks for sharing. :thumbs:

Cheers,

Pete :)

Nice start, as someone in a similar position and also adding the half carbon Ridox kit (see my build thread), I echo the comments about sorting out the tailgate rust. Mine has some minor rust/bubbling, so having the rear glass taken out professionally to get it treated thoroughly before fitting new OEM seals. Car had non-OEM seals anyway which didn’t fit properly, so was always my intention to change them (front also non-OEM).

Given it’s on 19’s, likely the rear arches have been rolled. I’d check them closely to see if they were done properly. Mine weren’t, so are being re-done to remove rust and damage before the Ridox skirts are bonded into place. You may find rust under the stock side skirts and hockey sticks, this is pretty common. Again, get these sorted properly before you get it wrapped. If not, wrap may look ok, but the rust will only continue to spread and it will rot from inside your wrap. At least this way the car will still be in good shape when you decide to paint or re-wrap later on. :)

Look forward to following your progress and getting some tips for the engine bay as mine is also in need of some TLC to look better. Best of luck and thanks for sharing. :thumbs:

Cheers,

Pete :)

Cheers Pete!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
There is an "insert video" button when making a post in the toolbar along the top of the typing area at the end of the list for both "Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced". Then paste your YouTube link into that.

Thanks Delboy, realised I also have to remove the "S" from HTTPS:// otherwise it will still display it as a hyperlink

• 1 month later...
[quote name='tayr']waited 6 weeks for a 3 minute video on cleaning. why you teasing us like that[/QUOTE] Lol sorry would have been sooner, I also chose not to focus on the engine covers as I want to do a seperate video on tidying them up. So this was very much focused around a quick clean. The channel has been slightly diverted by people wanting to know more about the new A3 we just bought (you might have seen it on the channel) - cracking car. I've also been busy wrapping the car before this crappy weather kicked in, so glad I did! Hopefully will be up soon, just a matter of finding the editing time now.