The mkiv Supra Owners Club

COVID-19 Crisis Volunteering

Mo Reviews

An antigen test will likely become available in the UK at some point in the next 2 weeks. This test will essentially indicate whether an individual has already been exposed to the virus, as opposed to solely identifying current infection. Individuals with adequate antigen levels are more likely to be immune to the virus, or are unlikely to become severely affected by it if re-infected.

With that in mind, I intend to take said antigen test and if I appear to be immune to the virus, I would like to volunteer to help those in isolation who fall in the high risk categories.

Does anyone have any experience volunteering or is anyone else interested in volunteering?

Edited by Mo Reviews (see edit history)

I saw a bbc report on China where volunteers drove health workers to and from work (public transport was closed down) and delivered drugs to homes for pharmacies. Seemed like a good idea with 100,000 volunteers. Maybe you could organise something like that here, got to be good for some TV time.

I’m not allowed to front line work due to asthma. My workmates are struggling in the social care setting. I’d head right back if I’d already had it

Is your medication in the critical section then bud? I was under the impression is had to be severe enough. Rather than an underline statement for the 6m suffers of asthma in the country we have.

Don't visit the forum all that often these days but just checking in to see if all is good with forum members and that everyone is coping with the lock down.

Regarding volunteering Adam, that is a very good idea.

As time goes on there will be a growing population number that will in effect have an immunity and will have the opportunity to help the country pull together.

The new tests are allegedly due to land in the UK in a matter of days or weeks according to the government, most likely the latter.

I have not had the time to watch the entire address, did Mr Hancock confirm how these volunteers are expected to sign up, whether these individuals will be tested to prevent further spreading and what sort of protective equipment will they be afforded?

Is your medication in the critical section then bud? I was under the impression is had to be severe enough. Rather than an underline statement for the 6m suffers of asthma in the country we have.

Funny you should mention this, my HR dept just tried to force me back to work. Advise stands i should be e “Stringently” social distancing. My clients all have autism so they will be in my face coughing and sneezing. Added to the fact the house has 15 staff per 8 hours to cover it.

We have no PPE in the form of marks or haz mat. I told them to go jump more or less. The will probably try and fire me, all the while head office work from home. 8.75 an hour anit worth that

The at risk group is alot wider than they "jesus stay at home at all costs" group

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Funny you should mention this, my HR dept just tried to force me back to work. Advise stands i should be e “Stringently” social distancing. My clients all have autism so they will be in my face coughing and sneezing. Added to the fact the house has 15 staff per 8 hours to cover it.

We have no PPE in the form of marks or haz mat. I told them to go jump more or less. The will probably try and fire me, all the while head office work from home. 8.75 an hour anit worth that

The at risk group is alot wider than they "jesus stay at home at all costs" group

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults

If that happens, you may have quite meritorious claims against your (former) employer for unfair dismissal and/or disability discrimination. In saying this, I adopt all you have mentioned as fact and medically demonstrable, of course.

If that happens, you may have quite meritorious claims against your (former) employer for unfair dismissal and/or disability discrimination. In saying this, I adopt all you have mentioned as fact and medically demonstrable, of course.

I have declared it on my application form, have a full diagnosis and can provide medical back up. They simply dont care i have sent them a copy of government advise for people with asthma in the link above. My guess is they are busy getting hold of all the others with underlying medical issues and doing the same. We have two diabetics, one pregnant and me with asthma off right now. They will force one or two back.

Work and die.......we dont care

I have declared it on my application form, have a full diagnosis and can provide medical back up. They simply dont care i have sent them a copy of government advise for people with asthma in the link above. My guess is they are busy getting hold of all the others with underlying medical issues and doing the same. We have two diabetics, one pregnant and me with asthma off right now. They will force one or two back.

Work and die.......we dont care

They ought to be ashamed of themselves. But, c'est la vie and if the worst does happen, drop me a PM and I will put you in touch with some colleagues who may be able to assist.

They ought to be ashamed of themselves. But, c'est la vie and if the worst does happen, drop me a PM and I will put you in touch with some colleagues who may be able to assist.

My guess is they will attempt to stave me out, refuse to pay me until i quit.

I may well take you up on that offer should the need arise

Are you a contractor?

On a separate note, having exhibited some minor symptoms, my GP now thinks I have COVID-19; consequently, my household has been instructed to isolate for 2 weeks. :hide:

No I’m employed on contract. Keep us updated on your family dude all the best

Thank you for your kind words.

So far, the most difficult part is the isolation and concern for our newborn.

Having said that, I've now volunteered to help from home by taking/making calls on behalf of the NHS, until I recover. So people who are isolating can also help. There really is no excuse, our country needs us and we really do owe it to the elderly and most vulnerable among us.

So PAYE?

Thanks bud, symptoms are mild thus far... :thumbs:

Yeah mate paye. The lowest point for them is two staff have partners on shielding advise, in the nhs letter it states anyone in the household should avoid going out. They told them the same no work no pay.

Work maybe kill your partner or stay at home and don’t get paid

Do you have 2 or more years continous service with the company? Also, have you raised this with them informally?

Yup and yup. The reply is I’m not shielding via a letter, I’m technically not sick I’m classed as front line so back to work or starve.

They have no way to implement the social distancing I’m supposed to follow and as far as I’m aware no changes have been made for at risk staff.