The mkiv Supra Owners Club

COVID-19 Crisis Volunteering

Mo Reviews

Ok, I would personally seek to strengthen my position by obtaining supporting evidence from my GP and circulating that with them in the first instance.

Tried the gp has refused. They will not sign me off as I’m not sick per say, nor in a critical position requiring shielding.

I have made my mind to leave as soon as I’m able

• 2 weeks later...
Tried the gp has refused. They will not sign me off as I’m not sick per say, nor in a critical position requiring shielding.

I have made my mind to leave as soon as I’m able

Get signed off with stress and anxiety, easy to play on that if the company you work for are pushing you back to work. You need to do what is safe and right for those around you.

No, on the "Responder" volunteer app. The circa 700k strong army of volunteers should have started to receive notifications via the app by now. Despite being vetted and approved, I haven't, and a few other volunteers I know of, also haven't.

Ah okay, i'm with you now. Whilst it's admirable and extremely commendable that you want to volunteer, have you thought about the potential issues that would face any of your dependants should get infected?

I'm doing everything for my parents, mother in law as of Tuesday once she gets back from hospital, three neighbours and then there is my partner who is also in the at risk category. We are currently living at opposite ends of the gaff as i'm out and about. This has me flat out as I deal with one per day and do what ever needs to be done. This is about as much as I want to be doing because if I cop a dose of it, these people are screwed.

My masks were due for delivery two weeks ago, they have been pinched in transit and i'm starting to run low. Gloves have arrived, thankfully. I have no idea what I am going to once all of these have gone.

If you are the only lifeline for a few people look after them. Don't put yourself in unnecessary risk and by default them.

Ah okay, i'm with you now. Whilst it's admirable and extremely commendable that you want to volunteer, have you thought about the potential issues that would face any of your dependants should get infected?

I'm doing everything for my parents, mother in law as of Tuesday once she gets back from hospital, three neighbours and then there is my partner who is also in the at risk category. We are currently living at opposite ends of the gaff as i'm out and about. This has me flat out as I deal with one per day and do what ever needs to be done. This is about as much as I want to be doing because if I cop a dose of it, these people are screwed.

My masks were due for delivery two weeks ago, they have been pinched in transit and i'm starting to run low. Gloves have arrived, thankfully. I have no idea what I am going to once all of these have gone.

If you are the only lifeline for a few people look after them. Don't put yourself in unnecessary risk and by default them.

Thank you for your kind words.

All things considered, I volunteered to take and make calls on behalf of the NHS, rather than provide 'physical' assistance. Thus far, I am yet to make or receive a single call...

I'm currently caring for my elderly parents who live some 20 miles away, so I certainly have my hands full at the moment. They are both vulnerable and immunocompromised so cannot venture out under any circumstances. Perhaps I can repay an iota of the care they gave me as a child.

Unfortunately, several orders for PPE via Amazon and other online retailers have either mysteriously gone missing or subsequently cancelled by the supplier despite initially accepting the order and processing the transaction. This has, also, left me with only a handful of gloves that I am having to use sparingly and a great deal of concern about what I will do once they do eventually run out.

Edited by Mo Reviews (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...