The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is the club site software having problems?

herbiemercman

I find there are periods when the site is offline which would suggest there are some hosting server issues. Maybe the site is on a private host setup with limited bandwidth and really old servers. It is old software, I'm not even sure it's legal these days after the 2019 new data storage regs became law to have login and personal information stored on a non SSL secured site.

I have just started a new thread and the speed is back to normal.

I agree with Dunk, but Rider is making a good point, i have not experienced this before for the past ten years, so some thing is amiss? Surely the Mods must know what the situation is? Herbie.

The forums drifting around mate with no one at the helm, send a message to Branners i'm sure he'll fix it :innocent::hide:

Good to have this info now, the Mods should have put a thread out about the situation to avoid so many members thinking they had a problem with their set up.

Changing the subject, to "Goblin Works" next Thursday, must admit that i will look out for this, but, i have found the program bizzar, they do stupid things to cars and seem to have unlimited funding, they try to be funny about it all, and IMHO they are not funny, "Wheeler Dealers" are much more interesting and good engineering, also they can be jokular, a bit like "laurel and Hardy."

Top Gear has now returned in all its glory by Flintof and McGuinness. Herbie.

So we just had the last 4 days with "server down for maintenance", just got it back on form, let us hope they can maintain this? It is now 2020 and we have the technology to land on Mars, amazing that we have problems with basic servers and software. lol. Herbie.

The guys looking after this do it in their own time and they don't always have time to sort out

look after it

Hi Dunk and Adam, You pointing out that the guys are doing this as a DIY job puts a different slant on things, obviously to keep costs down, good luck to them. Someone should have told the members sooner, let's face it most of us expect everything to be working all the time and take the reliability for granted, bit like i am doing currently, realizing the complexity of bespoke mapping / tuning.

Sorry i am used to the "Big Guns" being called in like the company i worked for, they were on big bucks, but at time struggled, and it cost us. Herbie.