End Of a Dream

pab_s

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really sorry to read of your accident mate, big :grouphug: from all the club.

You say you accelarated but didn't kick down, could it be that the second turbo kicked in and the sudden power increase caused the rears to break loose? When I first bought my Supra many moons ago, I found this caught me out a couple of times.

I had mine converted so the turbos spin up together and the power delivery is much more linier, a lot more predictable and safer IMO.

Good luck getting things sorted out and hope you are able to get yourself another.

Damn did you roll it?! Thats one mashed ass :(

Nope I headed backwards into a telegraph pole(good call homer)after that I hit a wall and gates to the landowners house thats what pushed me back into the middle of the road. As I say I was lucky I could of hit a car head on, the avoidance led to the loss of cotrol. The first thing it hit was the telegraph pole hence the roof damage. I am gald I went into it backwards tbh. :(

Sorry to hear about this.

I must have owned my Supe about the same amount of time as you. I've been driving like an old lady when it's wet out. Really cannot afford to lose it. I'm very steady when applying power and TBH don't get the second turbo going in the wet. By the time it kicks in you'll already be going fast enough. Read enough horror stories and worried enough before getting the Supe to know when to back off and get home safely. Chickenshit is the better part of valour and all that!

Don't like the roads around here. Too greasy and fast. If the people behind me don't like it or cannot understand why I'm not tear-arseing off into the distance then so be it.

Thats really bad news mate :eek: ,but I'm glad you/nobody else was hurt.Bugger,I've always looked forward seeing your Supra driving past your house every day.Hope you are able to get another one soon.Yours was really mint.If there's anything I can help with,just give me a shout mate.

Cheers

Ant

Sorry to hear about this mate.

My other half (Soop Dogg) did the same thing two years ago, but it was in the dry! Once the temps start to go down and if the tyres are cold, we all need to take extra care - even in the dry.

He had RLTC in the car at the time, but had just been demonstrating it to someone and left it on 20%. Not helpful when you then hit a streak of diesel on the exit of a roundabout. Speed was within 40mph, but the car spun, went across a footpath and then into mid-air as there was a 10ft drop down a bank.

It didn't put us off though. We both have Supras now, from the salvage money, Brian managed to pick himself up an Aerotop TT so he's pretty happy now. We also both have RLTC in our cars too - the highest it ever goes to is the 'Dry' setting these days though!

See if you can get the salvage back. We did and it worked out well for us. We sold loads of parts and still have alot of spares.

:grouphug:

Let us know how you get on. Keep your chin up.

Just really wanted to add my sympathies.

Ring Sky on Monday, see what they say, but as everyone else said, it looks pretty much like its dead.

No one else was hurt, you missed all the oncoming traffic and that is probably the most important point.

Its not the end of the dream - its just postponed

Thats really bad news mate :eek: ,but I'm glad you/nobody else was hurt.Bugger,I've always looked forward seeing your Supra driving past your house every day.Hope you are able to get another one soon.Yours was really mint.If there's anything I can help with,just give me a shout mate.

Cheers

Ant

Cheers Ant, kind words about my deceased motor. I may flag you down so that you can take me out for a spin in yours, I wont ask for a go ;) It will be difficult to find another minter but I will phone the insurance on Monday and see if its a possiblity insurance wise and financially. If I get another It will have RLTC!

glad your ok. Just wanted to thank you for telling and showing us all in such detail. I have owned my soop for 3 months and rltc is on order and has been for a while. Untill then i will be even more careful. Thanks again and RIP UK SPEC