End Of a Dream

pab_s

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a dodgy moment coming out of the petrol station myself before - was very wet and i need new tryes, pulled away and the wheels just span on the spot! couldn't get any traction at all, think i had fluids from the station on my tyres.... i hate this time of year when the weather's changin!

As everyone else has said, really sorry to hear this but glad you are ok :yes:

As a new TT owner myself, I am still taking it steady, but have already discovered just how easy it is to get the back end out - hope you get it all sorted quickly and start looking for the next one :)

pabs,hope things are being sorted insurancewise as I write.It looks like you may have had your accident on my favourite stretch of road.Thats Burrows lane going into Eccleston isn't it.I drive it to work everyday.Saw some damage to a brickwall and a snapped off telegraph post :eek: .Once again,glad neither you or anyone else got hurt.I love that road,but only when its dry :yes: .I virtually crawl down it mostly when its wet,but believe me I'm even more carefull now.Please don't be put off by this accident as it seems you really loved owning a Supra.I don't mean to sound foolish or anything,but you only live once mate...so get another if you can!

Really really sorry for you mate :( I hope you get it all sorted one way or another and that this won't put an untimely end to your supe ownership... On the bright side insurance money should allow you to get another one just as nice or maybe even nicer...

This has been a warning message for me though, roads are mega greasy and slippery at this time of the year, I drive like a bit of a grandad in the rain and this is probably the best way - supes kick out way too much torque to be putting your foot down in the wet.

So RLTC for everyone? maybe a wise upgrade for the winter!

how lucky are you??? if id of seen that at the side of the road i think id of got out and walked........ :eek: good to see your ok. This time of the year is allways the worst. i bought mine in sept 2003 and almost totaled it in october.

chin up. Will u get another????????

tt steve.

pabs,hope things are being sorted insurancewise as I write.It looks like you may have had your accident on my favourite stretch of road.Thats Burrows lane going into Eccleston isn't it.I drive it to work everyday.Saw some damage to a brickwall and a snapped off telegraph post :eek: .Once again,glad neither you or anyone else got hurt.I love that road,but only when its dry :yes: .I virtually crawl down it mostly when its wet,but believe me I'm even more carefull now.Please don't be put off by this accident as it seems you really loved owning a Supra.I don't mean to sound foolish or anything,but you only live once mate...so get another if you can!

Thats where it happened Ant, coming out of Eccleston heading towards Prescot. I know the road like the back of my hand used to live on Pinfold drive (1st right heading towards Eccleston just before police station).

I went to pick up what was left in the car today and I felt a great loss for the first time. She was an excellent example of a U.K car, my mum even used to come out to look at her after a polish, her paintwork looked weeks old her leather was clean, the dash looked fresh. I did love owning my Supra but I need to see how the accident will affect my premiums. I had 7 years NCB before. As to will I get another, depends on what I am offered by the insurance company. Its so difficult to get another car that comes close been looking at all sorts. My heart telling me to get one lets just wait to see what the wallet can offer. Anyone got a mint red (yes red lol) U.K (manual this time) with RLTC they think that they might want to flog :)

Can I just thank everyone again for their support it has helped and safe motoring ;) .