The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A project on Ebay

Hobgoblin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
It wont be able to leave until the correct part of the V5 is in place.

Simples

Not sure that's accurate, what makes you say that?

I have taken several UK cars (not Supras) out of the UK without a full V5 which have been sold and successfully registered in another Eu member country with just the green slip and a receipt, the most recent last November. Maybe re-registration rules depend on the country, but certainly no hassles taking them out of the UK or transit through others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Need advice!

Car finaly arrived home and it was soooooooo undercarried, all covered with moss, mouse nests under the bonnet and in back seat. But this is a small issue, few hours hard work and all clean! But I noticed that there is nasty structurral damage which wasn't mentioned in ad, nor visible in added pics. Our country's MOT definitely wont allow it. So I'm preparing for restoration of this part and actualy whole car will be stripped to bare metal for restoration and repaint.

But what can I do with it? Can I claim ebay for this hidden damage which wasn't mentioned?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]226524[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]226525[/ATTACH]

I will keep you updated with the process. Right now I don't have time for full inspection and disassembly, but will start some work on sunday.

I know it's a gamble to buy cars online, but I don't have a choice, it's not so easy to check a car across the Europe. I bought already 3 Supras and a dozen of bikes from UK thru internet.

This is the picture from ad and it's supsicious why it's blury and the messed up part is just behind the line. I asked for more pictures and none have this part.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]226526[/ATTACH]

Best of luck. Good club benefit is popping up a request for someone local to check a car out for you, Sometimes people do like to have a peek and can take many pictures for you to come to your own opinion then. Best of luck hope it gets sorted for you

I will keep you updated with the process. Right now I don't have time for full inspection and disassembly, but will start some work on sunday.

I know it's a gamble to buy cars online, but I don't have a choice, it's not so easy to check a car across the Europe. I bought already 3 Supras and a dozen of bikes from UK thru internet.

This is the picture from ad and it's supsicious why it's blury and the messed up part is just behind the line. I asked for more pictures and none have this part.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]226526[/ATTACH]

That pic does show pretty bad rust under the fuse box cover, which you could have enquired about? I do think it's fair enough to feel a bit hard done by but the overall look doesn't really give the impression everything would be fine, it going to just be getting on with fixing it really or assessing the whole car to see if it's really worth it with this one, or if cutting your losses might be more wise? If that's the worse bit and you know a decent fabricator/welder then it shouldn't take much to get it back to a good standard?

Thanks guys for support! :thumbs:

My budget was realy low this time. To be or not to be, because prices are skyrocketing.

About that damage - I were talking about bent and badly repaired longeron not the rust! If it's bent, so the car's geometry is bad and can be some other hidden damages under the body panels and in chassis.

Thanks guys for support! :thumbs:

My budget was realy low this time. To be or not to be, because prices are skyrocketing.

About that damage - I were talking about bent and badly repaired longeron not the rust! If it's bent, so the car's geometry is bad and can be some other hidden damages under the body panels and in chassis.

I meant that rust there is not common so you might have expected accident damage, that's all I hope you get it sorted

It’s not all bad, with supra Tax you would probably be able to break it and make your money on all the bits not bent or rusty. Or go buy another and swap out the best bits first then break it. Least you didn’t pay top price for a “pristine” example and then find it was bent.

We have a little bit different filosophy - fix, instead of break! I know there is a lot of work and nerves, but I think, it's worth it. After 10 years no one will break a Supra if it will be able to fix and restore. There's no talk about proffit, but love of this precious car model!

So far I inspected, need a front bumper, side skirts, alternator, radiator, door hinges, front fenders and splash shields. Also need a LHD dashboard and all the rest of LHD parts, but that's a different story and I have a pretty good experience on these swaps parts and rebuilds.

I checked AA for history and some many years ago it was C grade damage, but repaired and back on road. But as I see, this bent structural part could be from that crash, looks old and badly repaired. UK have different story with MOT inspection, we have MOT government controlled and are impossible to get MOT with such bad repairs, must be repaired exactly in oem factory look.

If I were you I'd most certainly be looking into breaking it and coming over to buy another. I'm sure that with such a spread of members all over different parts of the country we could help you get something better from any location. I understand the 'fix philosophy'....but time is also money, and it looks like it will cost alot of both.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.