The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Royal Mail

rider

I ordered 8 items from 8 different eBay sellers last week, on the 5th, for an upcoming car service. Clearly the snow got in the way of some deliveries but the five shipped by courier have all arrived (by the 13th) but the three items shipped via Royal Mail are nowhere to be seen. I haven't even had a letter, circular, Christmas card, statement, Charity begging letter or any general item delivered by Royal Mail since the 7th. The Royal Mail van has shown up the last 2 days with Amazon parcels but nothing else and not the car parts ordered on the 5th.

I expect they will end up in a Royal Mail unclaimed items auction or behind a hedge somewhere. I think Royal Mail will die one day.

we had a parcel failed delivery, card sent through the letter box to say was delivered to neighbour, to which we asked around and it was no where to been seen. turns out it wasn't delivered to neighbours. we thought the mail staff had stolen it but it then turned up 9 days later. we emailed to complain and was told we could not complain until it had been 10 working days after the failed delivery, so went and complained directly at the post office.

The parcel came eventually but felt very un easy with royal mail with the failing of providing correct information on there cards posted through the letter box. the parcel it self would have fitted through the cat flap or the mail box it self :/ not cool.

I ordered 8 items from 8 different eBay sellers last week, on the 5th, for an upcoming car service. Clearly the snow got in the way of some deliveries but the five shipped by courier have all arrived (by the 13th) but the three items shipped via Royal Mail are nowhere to be seen. I haven't even had a letter, circular, Christmas card, statement, Charity begging letter or any general item delivered by Royal Mail since the 7th. The Royal Mail van has shown up the last 2 days with Amazon parcels but nothing else and not the car parts ordered on the 5th.

I expect they will end up in a Royal Mail unclaimed items auction or behind a hedge somewhere. I think Royal Mail will die one day.

do you have tracking info for the royal mail items ?? Or just the sellers word that the items are posted ??

Got a few mates working in RM. They are getting an increasing number of complaints from people waiting for items that a seller says has been shipped, yet there is no tracking info or proof of postage available from the sellers. Ive noticed a lot recently that items listed as being sold in UK etc are showing up late and with chinese shipping labels etc on them. Same with getting "dispatched" notifications at 5pm on a sunday or immediately after buying the items. I'm under no illusion that those items have actually been sent.

not sure whether you have tracking info or no... but maybe its not royal mail ....but the ebay sellers that are at fault. Best bet is to shop local. Support your local economy

do you have tracking info for the royal mail items ??

None of the RM shipped items were sent tracked but the three affected suppliers have all been contacted and agreed to try again with a second shipment. I've told them all to hold off until this weekend to give RM a few days longer to get it sorted. Being Mercedes parts the only local option to get them would be from the local dealer which would mean paying 30% more and having to go drive over to pick them up. Its not the missing parts I'm worried about as the eBay sellers will resend some others, it my mums Christmas card that is also missing in the no mail for 8 days. We usually get half a dozen items a day in a mix between personal and business mail so with additional seasonal cards we are probably missing 60, maybe 70 items of post.

Definitely rubbish, i sent a parcel via special delivery "guaranteed" before 1pm next day.....and as you can guess it didn't! needless to say i phoned and unless i had mentioned that it was "guaranteed" i wouldn't have received a refund.

I think they get an unfair press. They deliver tens of millions of items a day but they will only ever be criticised when some are lost or delayed. I have sent more than 200 items this year by Special Delivery guaranteed 1.00pm next day delivery and every single one of them was delivered in time, including ten this week which is likely to be one of the busiest of the year. I don't know if any of their competitors would manage that at £7 a time

Royal Mail is a brillaint company. Their logistics and the way it all works is spot on. I should know as i myself am a Postie.

Its the bussiest time of the year and with the recent snow if will have a huge effect woth backlog. With lorries being stuck. Workers not being able to get in. Its fairly normal.

But with regards to your parcels. I would first look at getting proof of postage. I recently ordered a mini car bin from a UK supplier and it came from China. Its their lastest of many things to get the sales.

Packages can go missing with christmas casual workers and all. It happened to me once with s ps4 game. Luckily i always have proof of postage and for high value items signed for. But that will be for the seller to sort out.

I think they get an unfair press. They deliver tens of millions of items a day but they will only ever be criticised when some are lost or delayed. I have sent more than 200 items this year by Special Delivery guaranteed 1.00pm next day delivery and every single one of them was delivered in time, including ten this week which is likely to be one of the busiest of the year. I don't know if any of their competitors would manage that at £7 a time

Since it was my first this year and over a month ago, its not a very good advertisement for their service, and cant be blamed on Christmas, it also cost me £11.50 so i would expect better!

I send about 10,000 items per year with Royal Mail, of these about 1 or perhaps 2 is lost forever, and they're usually to a foreign destination. That's a 0.01% loss rate.

Compare that to couriers and their 1% loss rate = Royal Mail is 1000x better.

I speak from experience, although the couriers I mention are Hermes and Yodel. Do not use these companies!!! If you need a courier, use a proper one like Fedex, UPS, TNT etc

Remember Royal Mail is a British company, would you really want it to 'die' and allow the foreign-owned couriers to flourish?