Suprapod 2017 - 21st October at Santa Pod - Chat Thread

Burna

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was a great day yesterday albeit a very cold and windy one but it managed to stay dry which was a bonus.

Thanks to all for organising such a great event and hopefully it continues to be an annual thing.

The drifters put on a great show all day. I'd dread to think of how many sets of tyres they had gone through.

The Batallion30five guys turned up in the masses and put on a great show on the drag strip against our Supras.

Thanks to Burna and Branners for a great event and a special thanks goes to Littlenum and partner who were on the gate sorting entries in the freezing cold.

I hope that wasn't your initiation of becoming a trader lol.

I've yet to go through all my pics but have put a few on Instagram and Facebook with the tag #suprapod2017

It was a great day, cheers for arranging it Burna, it was good to see everyone, new faces and old :D sorry we didn’t stay this morning, I decided to take my partner home after she had some bad news. We look forward to seeing everyone again. Had a race with an M4 on the way home and it was the same speed as the supra. No difference at all. Think my clutch is going now though :D

Thanks to Burna and the other admin guys for hosting this :thumbs: , I had great fun and it was good to meet some new and familiar faces. :wave:

I managed to get 10 runs in, and the car ran well considering it was only its 5th run out of the year. My best being a 14.2 @ 101, found it a struggle this time compared with my last runs due to the head wind, definitely affected by terminal speeds by a few MPH. Also found out midway through the day I was running near flat on one of my rear tyres thanks to a dodgy valve, I had 9 PSI in it when I checked!.. so quickly sorted that and came back for 4 more runs which made the car feel more stable down the strip and improved the 60ft :)

Great fun again and glad the weather stayed kind! Cheers. :thumbs:

Does anyone know who the girl taking professional photos was?

She got an amazing on of my tyre delaminating on a clipping point and was really hopping to use it to announce the new & now newly dead car [emoji106]

Might have been Gary Kee’s missus? Think they had a tripod and proper lensed cameras set up at the crowd

Was my first time at Santa Pod and also my first time down the strip in my Supra. I’ve only owned it for 6 years I managed a 14.1 @104mph so I have that to work on. I heard some GTR boys saying they were down as much as 0.5 seconds on their usual times due to the headwind so I reckon the old girl has a 13 in her somewhere

Thanks to everyone who made it possible as well as Batallion35 for bringing their A game. The white GTR that was running 7’s had come a long way to be there. We passed them just north of Leeds on the way home. Great effort.

Was good to see everyone again and also good to put some new faces to usernames :D

Oh a little relieved.. I felt the huge downer on your day. :-( I have a video of you racing my n/a before it went... zooming pass me. :-)

/QUOTE]

Thanks, its ok I wasn't as broke as my prop is..

Oh really, a video? post it up ;)

My last ran got me into the 12's so my persistence to continue practicing launches with traction issues was worth it.

Thanks to Bunra and the organizers for an amazing day. Managed a 13.81 in my stock TT auto despite the wind so very happy with that. Amazing display by the Battalion30five guys and didn't mind all the spankings I got haha. Moment of the day for me was beating a 700hp Supra (not sure whos it was) to the line despite both going on the light. Think you span in 1st and 2nd allowing me to get away, although reeled me in extremely quickly.

I'm really glad everyone enjoyed the day :) The smiling faces on the day, and the great feedback after the event makes all the hard work worth it :)

Thanks to Littlenum and Sarah for being proper troopers on the gate, and for doing way longer than I originally asked them to do! The day went a lot smoother because of them :thumbs: And he then went on to get the fastest Supra drag time of the day, in a track prepped car, not a drag car! lol Well done Num :thumbs:

Pig deserves a lot of praise and thanks for organising such an amazing drift spectacle! In fact all the drifters deserve a big thanks :) Dee absolutely loved going out with the BDC Pro driver, and I think Pig enjoyed buckling her in the car :D Shame about your car Pig mate, but we will rebuild her better than ever :thumbs:

The Battalion30five guys get major respect and thanks from me. They bought their 'A Game' and went all out to enjoy the day. I heard nothing but good things from our members on how friendly they found the Batt30five guys :) Everyone please be aware, that the day would not have been a success for the club without their numbers, they committed to me at JAE that they would provide around 50 cars, and they didn't let me down :thumbs: I'm looking forward to potentially organising future joint days with them, so the members we have that like to use their cars fully can get the opportunity to do so on the club calendar.

Thank you to everyone who showed your support and made the journey with the weather being so touch and go before hand.

Oh, did anyone notice the wind? :D

It was my first time at SupraPod and I really enjoyed it, especially the drifting. Thanks to the guys who took me and a couple of friends out. :)

Thanks also to everyone who organized and helped out at the event. Will there be a SupraPod next year?

Probably not a Suprapod no, as the dates are all booked up for next year, Battalion30five are going to look into it. Early thoughts by me, is that maybe we try and organise a rolling start event at an airfield, gives our big single guys a fair fight with the GTR's ;)

Probably not a Suprapod no, as the dates are all booked up for next year, Battalion30five are going to look into it. Early thoughts by me, is that maybe we try and organise a rolling start event at an airfield, gives our big single guys a fair fight with the GTR's ;)

100% yes, or another quarter mile event, or a small time attack course? Great to have the event back the venue kind of becomes irrelevant. As long as there is somthing to take part in I think it would work.

What about the Bedford autodrome (I think that's what it is called) similar central area. Could do a little track course.

Elvington in York is where ten of the best is held.

Good lot of space there

What about the Bedford autodrome (I think that's what it is called) similar central area. Could do a little track course.

Jake, it would be cool but they're too strict with the noise restrictions for most of our and the modded GTR community I'd imagine.

Airfield/Shakespeare County raceway would be good (and noise friendly) for a top end/drag event.

Track day would be my preference always :)