The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Day 2 of ownership and first problem

muckyman

Yes I'm speaking about the first one, the one I finally didn't buy after having found all what I say above.

(I already had put a presentation on here of this car, with luck !)

The last one is still running in Belgium with no issues.

The exhaust leak was on this one.

yes but nobody tried to deceit you and you ended up with a nice car from us..

we got stuck with the other one at port and sold it on - hence covered by us someone doing it themselfs first time would not have that protection.

Edited by Jurgen-Jm-Imports (see edit history)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough, being as it's a UK car, it's been in the UK all it's life! And wow, vague much Jurgen? So when was this show? Because it's been many years that I've been to a show that you've attended. So no comment on the recent work I've had done on the car? Look, just be a grown up about it, and don't lower yourself anymore to a level of cheap shots at my car that you don't even have a clue which car it is. But if you want to carry on then please, damage your reputation more.

we have sold over 800 cars since 2002 mate of course there is going to be a percentage of not some happy guys but any not happy guy that has been in touch with JM has always been dealt with and rectified.

think the percentage of happy customers is HUGE..

So is he affiliated with your company? Are you still his boss?

he is his own boss but i set up the company for him with a profit return - he runs it manages it etc.

but i wont know what parts and stuff has been bought sold etc were orders are - thats his job but if you have an issue with him PM me and i can kick his backside for you.

Yes I'm speaking about the first one, the one I finally didn't buy after having found all what I say above.

(I already had put a presentation on here of this car, with luck !)

The last one is still running in Belgium with no issues.

If I remember right, it was me that pointed that out to you (quite a long time ago now).

Clocking of older cars does happen in Japan, this is an unavoidable fact, but having used JM Imports myself, I would happily vouch that Jurgen wouldn't knowingly supply a clocked car, and certainly wouldn't mislead people in that manner.

I have only bought one car from them, and I had an issue as one of the JM UK team had been a little too enthusiastic when lowering the ride height on the coilovers. No issues though, told Jurgen what had happened and it was back with them the following weekend and sorted.

As I'm sure you know Wayne as you seem to be selling older cars, having mechanical issues is always a problem. I have bought and sold enough classics in my time to know that with the best intentions, you can almost always guarantee something will go wrong just after you but buy something (we call that 'sods law'). It's how companies deal with those issues that defines them, and JM have always been good in that regard.

I have owned and seen plenty of JM imported cars over the years, and I've never met anyone who wasn't happy with their experience.

For these reasons, whenever anyone asks me about about import companies I always recommend Jurgen. In an industry that is chock full of con artists, chancers, cowboys and other villains, it is a rare thing indeed to have trust in a company, especially if like me you have been a victim of these, but I would happily vouch for Jurgen any time.

If you want to see the other side of the coin, go and have a look at the outfits in West Yorkshire, High Wycombe, and some of the notorious traders on the Facebook groups.

Jurgen has arranged some transportation to get the car back to his workshop.

Thats got to make sense, third party fixes if they don't work out how they were expected to do performance or cost wise just lose the focus and to easily turn into a blame game. I expect in a few months you will just love your Supra.

Car got collected last night and has now landed back at JM.

Fingers crossed that all the issues will get sorted easily enough (battery not getting charge, traction control fault, speedo converter, rear spats fitment and paintwork condition)

Really looking forward to getting it back and finally enjoying it. It may take a bit of time, but it'll be worth it.

Will update as I get news......

Cheers Annabella.

Investigations continue, but so far Jurgen has identified a fault with the cat 1 alarm that seems to be draining the battery (I hadn't experienced any issues with a flat battery)

He has disconnected the alarm and says all error codes and lights have disappeared. He will drive for a bit and see if anything arises.

Am a bit confused as to how that would stop the battery getting a charge (according to the AA there was no charge to the battery) and am unsure how that would cause trac issues but its by no means a final answer at this stage - like I say, investigations continue.

Thankfully, a friend has let me borrow a car so at least I'm not stuck using the train every day while its being sorted.

Really looking forward to getting back into the Supe as I've really only had just one day without issues since I got it.

Cheers Annabella.

Investigations continue, but so far Jurgen has identified a fault with the cat 1 alarm that seems to be draining the battery (I hadn't experienced any issues with a flat battery)

He has disconnected the alarm and says all error codes and lights have disappeared. He will drive for a bit and see if anything arises.

Am a bit confused as to how that would stop the battery getting a charge (according to the AA there was no charge to the battery) and am unsure how that would cause trac issues but its by no means a final answer at this stage - like I say, investigations continue.

Thankfully, a friend has let me borrow a car so at least I'm not stuck using the train every day while its being sorted.

Really looking forward to getting back into the Supe as I've really only had just one day without issues since I got it.

Low power/ low voltage will cause all sorts of weird and odd issues, same as a bad ground does. Hope its a simple fix and your back on the road shortly :)

Latest progress as follows....

So, the thought was the alarm was faulty but after disconnecting it and clearing codes Jurgen went for a drive and warning lights reappeared.

A swap of alternator and aux belt made no difference (aux belt needed changed anyway as it was in a very sorry state).

The latest suspect is the ECU, and Jurgen has sent that off for testing.

Will have to wait for the findings but still hopeful it can be resolved.

Cars now been undriveable and off the road for longer than it's been on.

Still got my fingers crossed, but am missing it a lot

Cars now been undriveable and off the road for longer than it's been on.

Still got my fingers crossed, but am missing it a lot

Hope its not your only car. I took my Supra out yesterday morning for the first run in a couple of weeks and when all is well its a good way to spend an hour or so. Lets hope yours is back with you soon though how long does an ECU test take?

Am happy to say that Jurgen has reported all mechanical issues are now sorted.

It seems that the trac ECU was faulty so that's been fixed. Alternator was OK but he reported a loose earth connection. Auxiliary belt and tensioner replaced, and potential faulty alarm replaced too.

Just the body work issues to sort out at the beginning of the week and I'll travel up to collect it next Saturday. Can't wait to get it back :)

.....and the Supe is back!!

Collected it from JM this morning and all is well again :-)

The trac ECU has been repaired, the alternator replaced (although the original turned out to be OK but had a dodgy earth), the aux belt was changed, the alarm was replaced, the speedo converter was fitted and the paintwork issues resolved.

After being able to drive it for 12 days and then have to suffer 31 days of it off the road it's time for the love affair to start again.

The drive back was 5 hours of motorway dullness in awful weather but the car was faultless.

Looking forward to racking up some miles on more interesting drives asap, starting with a early early run around London tomorrow morning.

I'm a happy chap again :-)

Edited by muckyman
Spelling (see edit history)