The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black TT on ebay l141prb

Annabella

Interested in what makes you think that? I'm not 100% sure the paint it as good as the shiny pics make it look, drivers sill/trim is that dirty or surface rust? not a lot of effort to clean the interior or engine bay (not that that means a lot per se), some sort of non stock boost controller/bleed valve thing on the pipe by the first turbo, no battery clamp, no active spoiler or uk brakes, possible no LSD, I'm not saying it's a shed by any means but isn't £10-11K top money for a prefacelift auto tt?

That pipe is for the boost gauge in the pillar pod :) it does look unsightly, and i would be getting it replaced with a black one asap.

My estimate is based on it being as good as it looks and as described, obviously if it's not actually in that condition it would be worth less. :) Would probably cost circa £13k- £14k to import one like this now.

That pipe is for the boost gauge in the pillar pod :) it does look unsightly, and i would be getting it replaced with a black one asap.

My estimate is based on it being as good as it looks and as described, obviously if it's not actually in that condition it would be worth less. :) Would probably cost circa £13k- £14k to import one like this now.

So importing is more expensive now?

Interesting times, I'm not disputing the fresh import prices I'm just wondering if there are actual buyers out there at these new prices, seems an awful lot when a similar mileage ISF is getting to that sort of money. In years gone by nothing could touch a Supra for value for money, now they are getting old, tatty AND pricey :)

So importing is more expensive now?

The pound exchange rate has worsened for buying stuff in and I think the Japan auction yen prices have increased too, a double whammy. Could put pressure on importers, could even make them exporters in the future, JM-Exports!!

- - - Updated - - -

That pipe is for the boost gauge in the pillar pod :)

good point!

The pound exchange rate has worsened for buying stuff in and I think the Japan auction yen prices have increased too, a double whammy. Could put pressure on importers, could even make them exporters in the future, JM-Exports!

Speaking with jurgen now and a decent white tt6 is about 20k and grey from 18k. Autos anywhere from10k

I think it looks quite rough and a quick hand car wash valet has been applied. Looks filthy under bonnet and interior otherwise.

Boot blind/rear shelf missing.

N/S boot trim broken/smashed in the boot.

Rust on the front slam panel.

Trim missing from above stereo.

Many scratches and swirl marks n/s sill scratched and mark on rear hockey stick.

Tank guard looks shocking always a good indication of everything else.

Looks like the paint has worn away where the door rubber meets the sill?

Headlights need a refurbish (rings furry so will be steaming up)

That's just in the pics not in person a lot more thing would be apparent on viewing.

You have to remember this car has been on the UK roads for 20 years I think buyers should beware of how much work & money this car will require to get anywhere near good condition.

I think no more than 7-8k

Its not too far from me so could view it if anyone wants me too.

The sudden rise in price has made even tired cars "pricey", I know its no reflection on today's prices but I have paid £3500 for a TT6, £3K for a BPU Auto in Black as £1500 for a Silver NA Auto over the years and all of these cars were in better condition than this one, I think the most important thing to factor in when buying a car now is the upkeep and the fact than many are sold because they have a growing list of things to do that owners just cant afford and fixing them is VERY expensive if done right

Again agree, unlike something like NSX's which have always been more expensive and so tend to have had a more cossetted lower usage life, Supra's have been used and bought and sold more in general because of the lower prices they once were. They are amazingly tough, but even great well made over engineered cars get tired and need work. I have a stock car much like this, common silver but IMO in better condition

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?291132-Supra-Number-8!&highlight=number

if I could get a £11K for it, it would be gone tomorrow! hence me keeping a close eye on this!

Nice car scooter, sell it and you'll regret it.

I have another, which is the only reason I'd be tempted, but to be honest it doesn't owe me much and I like to work on them and unless I financially need to I'm unlikely to let it go. It will be interesting to see if the opening up of imports in America from 2018 pushes things on even more?

I wouldn't want to pay more than 7k for that car, the whole interior needs looking at or replacing. Filthy interconsole, cracked plastics, manky grey carpets. Looks like the engine bay and rubbers need attention and I suspect the paintwork also needs looking at regardless of artistic angles.

Having just looked at the pictures again and seeing rust on the door sills I would not even be contemplating a purchace without getting underneath incase the underside is as ferrous as the engine bay.

I wouldn't want to pay more than 7k for that car, the whole interior needs looking at or replacing. Filthy interconsole, cracked plastics, manky grey carpets. Looks like the engine bay and rubbers need attention and I suspect the paintwork also needs looking at regardless of artistic angles.

Having just looked at the pictures again and seeing rust on the door sills I would not even be contemplating a purchace without getting underneath incase the underside is as ferrous as the engine bay.

I really do think around 7k.

I have called to see if I could arrange a viewing and was told the car is in storage so they are expecting you to bid and buy unseen!

Lets see how it goes probably get relisted time and time again.

I have another, which is the only reason I'd be tempted, but to be honest it doesn't owe me much and I like to work on them and unless I financially need to I'm unlikely to let it go. It will be interesting to see if the opening up of imports in America from 2018 pushes things on even more?

I think they'll keep going up after the Yanks can purchase. Also when the new Supra comes out it should generate more interest?

• 4 months later...

I actually bought this car. And yes it certainly does need professional rust treatment underneath and it did need a few other parts replacing and the interior will be renewed over time but I think speaking as someone who is on his third Supra and actually buys them because there's just no other car like them and out of a sheer passion for owning one, I think you pay for your pleasures in life and part of owning a 24 year old car is going to be the adventure of finding new replacement parts and watching it improve over time. If I wanted a car which was as fast and peppy I could have got one for a few grand like an E46 M3 or a N350, the list is endless. but none of them is a Supe. And owning a car which is 'as good as it ever will be' isnt as much fun as one which has almost limitless potential IMO. And yes Supras are getting old now, but they are also one of a tiny number of cars that as they age have become iconic and sought after, so as they get rarer they will eventually become rather valuable I imagine but not reflective on what you spend on them over time.

I've already put quite a bit of cash into bringing this up to spec and will continue to do so, anyone thinking a Supra is the way to go for an investment is a brave brave person, there's so many easier ways of making money with cars if thats what floats your boat. For me its being able to drive a Supra and enjoy it.

No I didnt view it before I bought it. In truth I'd seen the full video of it moving and checked the pics thoroughly but above all I was under no illusions. I wanted a early Supe, 93 if possible and I knew all the mods which came after like active aero were just going to get in the way of BPU/APU or add weight. I'm very realistic ad dont expect a 24 year old car to need anything less than a full respray, several parts in the interior changing, under bonnet rust removing and of course a full professional anti rust job done underneath. I knew I'd pay about 500 quid for this but also knew I could get this for way less than current Supe money anyway, they're starting to creep around 12k now for under 100k which is 4 grand more than I paid. Do you have any idea what type of alloys it has, I'm darned if I can find out and I need centre spacers apparently.

No I didnt view it before I bought it. In truth I'd seen the full video of it moving and checked the pics thoroughly but above all I was under no illusions. I wanted a early Supe, 93 if possible and I knew all the mods which came after like active aero were just going to get in the way of BPU/APU or add weight. I'm very realistic ad dont expect a 24 year old car to need anything less than a full respray, several parts in the interior changing, under bonnet rust removing and of course a full professional anti rust job done underneath. I knew I'd pay about 500 quid for this but also knew I could get this for way less than current Supe money anyway, they're starting to creep around 12k now for under 100k which is 4 grand more than I paid. Do you have any idea what type of alloys it has, I'm darned if I can find out and I need centre spacers apparently.

Enjoy it and it sounds like its found a good home!

Sorry I don't know what wheels they are but try a thread in supra chat I am sure someone will know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.