The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scammers, 1st grade B....rds

SupraWoman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have suggested she get her insurance co to come and assess the car, it may not be far off a write off any way. It is going to cost big money to put this car right. The problem is this was a very low miles mint car, with values as they are, she would stand to loose lot of money. I think these bastards should be made to give her money back and pay to have the car put right at a professional body work company. She should also be paid compensation for not having a car. It is only the generosity of her friend that enables her to get about. There is no way these guys had the skills to do this work , they knew it but took the money anyway.

I really could not believe what I saw. I was totally shocked. £7000 to have your car vandalised and left out in the rain with no glass in it. Even my pix don’t show how bad it really is.

Thank you for your involment, I really do appreciate it. I actually spent all morning today withmy Insurance company, who does not want to get involved to send someoen to do the reposrt, incase I can use it to do the claim through them later..

It would have been so much help if someone from this Forum - who call tehmself bodyshop - find sometime and get down here to lookat my car and write this report and how much it would cost to put it right.

I can't understand why is it so difficult for someone to do that.. Few people that I already spoke to only interested in getting a paid job done on my car, but not to give a helping hand in write this bloody report.

All of these people just after moeny, and Im losing hope in this Forum's traders.. All talk..:thumbdown

I have suggested she get her insurance co to come and assess the car, it may not be far off a write off any way. It is going to cost big money to put this car right. The problem is this was a very low miles mint car, with values as they are, she would stand to loose lot of money. I think these bastards should be made to give her money back and pay to have the car put right at a professional body work company. She should also be paid compensation for not having a car. It is only the generosity of her friend that enables her to get about. There is no way these guys had the skills to do this work , they knew it but took the money anyway.

I really could not believe what I saw. I was totally shocked. £7000 to have your car vandalised and left out in the rain with no glass in it. Even my pix don’t show how bad it really is.

We would have no problem whatsoever doing a report Yulia (FOC), the problem for us is distance (550 mile round trip to assess the car) and the subsequent fuel costs!

I am surprised you cannot get a local trader to knock you up a report...?

If you get a chance Phil, send us all the pics you have and I can have a look.

Regards,

Gaz.

I can't understand why is it so difficult for someone to do that.. Few people that I already spoke to only interested in getting a paid job done on my car, but not to give a helping hand in write this bloody report.

All of these people just after moeny, and Im losing hope in this Forum's traders.. All talk..:thumbdown

These guys have gotta make money too - that's why they're called traders ???

I wouldn't ever expect freebies from traders in the club. What I do expect from the club is contact with people that are knowledgable about our car type and don't mess you about, maybe offering cheaper deals where they can.

I feel very sorry for your situation, it's a terrible thing that has happened. What I don't understand is how you allowed it to go this far? The patience of some people really does astound me.

What I don't understand is how you allowed it to go this far? The patience of some people really does astound me.

first 2 months the car was inteh workshop, they were pretending doing something on it. then there was loads of excuses, that they had to do another car first, then the paint arrived but the wrong one etc etc then i was away fro 1month and when i got back and saw this.. i just collected my car straight away.

does this explain now my 'patience' situation?

Im more 'astound' by those people what they have done to my car when I trusted them with it..

We would have no problem whatsoever doing a report Yulia (FOC), the problem for us is distance (550 mile round trip to assess the car) and the subsequent fuel costs!

I am surprised you cannot get a local trader to knock you up a report...?

If you get a chance Phil, send us all the pics you have and I can have a look.

Regards,

Gaz.

Thank you Gaz. I understand the distance problem, I got no issues with this - but I cant not pay £200 for it to be done either..

Im very very tight on money right now..

Burn them in court. You should easily win this case, get your payment back and reparations to get someone to sort it out. Of course, the body shop may well be too skint to cough up but the idea of bankrupting the bastards is a real bonus. Hopefully they will lose their house over it or something.

-Ian

I really hope that you get the report you need and that the insurance/claim works out, but I wouldn't be surprised if any successful claim only covers the paint job, which would leave you severly out of pocket on fixing everything else by the sound of things.

I think we need to have a quiet word with this guy; ripping you off is one thing, but ruining your car and trying to charge you more is walking straight into the realm of taking the pi$$.

I'm only in East London, I'd be happy to take a few friends and have a 'chat'.

Come on everybody there has got to be someone who can help the gal out here! Are we a true club or just fair weather friends? Someone genuinely needs some help, what if it happened to you? I will give someone a lift down from London if they want I am not bothered about petrol cost when something evil like this has happened and I would do it myself but I know nowt about cars (just how to drive 'em).

Thank you Gaz. I understand the distance problem, I got no issues with this - but I cant not pay £200 for it to be done either..

Im very very tight on money right now..

I understand completely.

As Ian says, you would really hammer them in court, esp if its a sole trader or partnership as they would have to sell everything they have to settle the costs.

I will see what I can do remotely. If Phil wants to write a report he can stick it on our letterheaded paper if you want...

Gaz.

I understand completely.

As Ian says, you would really hammer them in court, esp if its a sole trader or partnership as they would have to sell everything they have to settle the costs.

I will see what I can do remotely. If Phil wants to write a report he can stick it on our letterheaded paper if you want...

Gaz.

That sounds positive..

What a travesty!

Have just spoken to Victor from GVN who will be happy to do a report and I will arrange to pick him up and bring him down to it next week - might have to be weekend etc

Give me a shout later with address etc and we can liase

You will get your baby back...!

:urock: :clap:

first 2 months the car was inteh workshop, they were pretending doing something on it. then there was loads of excuses, that they had to do another car first, then the paint arrived but the wrong one etc etc then i was away fro 1month and when i got back and saw this.. i just collected my car straight away.

Sounds like a great deal of patience to me! I'd have gone mad after 2 weeks.

It's a sad tale that I hope has a happy ending for you. :grouphug:

Hello my knight in shining armour :love:

I just tried u, so will send u pm probably. will give u all the details.

would yo ulike ur cup of tea with 1 sugar or two?

:blush:

What a travesty!

Have just spoken to Victor from GVN who will be happy to do a report and I will arrange to pick him up and bring him down to it next week - might have to be weekend etc

Give me a shout later with address etc and we can liase

You will get your baby back...!

Just finished talking to you guys -and wanted to say HUGE THANK YOU!! :thanku:

Especially to your other half - what a star she is! Really explaining every possible detail and thing :woot:

I do appreciate the time she spent with me on the phone. Cheers, again! :thanku:

Sorry to hear about your circumstances!!!

If it is of any use to you my other half is a Senior Trading Standards Officer for Surrey... it may not help at all, but knowing someone there you can contact might.

Feel free to PM me if you need to.

Michael