The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scammers, 1st grade B....rds

SupraWoman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your circumstances!!!

If it is of any use to you my other half is a Senior Trading Standards Officer for Surrey... it may not help at all, but knowing someone there you can contact might.

Feel free to PM me if you need to.

Michael

Thanks Michael, pm sent

Im speechless...

I wish you every success in bringing these CRIMINALS down as they deserve no less at the very least. I know how it feels to be ripped off and have your car destroyed by a garage you trust.

Keep your head up and best of luck with getting your pride and joy back to its deserved condition

James

Young lady, please send me some detailed pictures I can pass them onto my neighbour who does really good paint jobs, his work is shortly to be in Redline magazine to give you an idea of the cost to put it right.

Surely as a consumer, you have more rights than this?

1) The body shop should be affiliated to some professional body? If so check out if they have an ombudsman.

2) Find out who supplies the paint, then have a chat with them regards the work. Often these companies do not want to be associated with bad work, they are big companies such as Akzo Nobel, etc.

3) Sounds daft but have you considered Watchdog? They would be interested, especially if you are coming backed up with evidence. They will investigate a £20 casio watch, etc. So a £7000 rip off paint job is right up there street. Ensure you lay on the grief you have received and your emmotional damage.

Wish we could help more.

If you can get your car over to Jersey,i'll spray it for free.Never seen anything like that...f*ucking cowboys.

Thanks SupraHuman, that real generous and kind of you to say that - I even had to read it twice, didnt believe what I just read .. LOL

I'll keep your offer in mind, if I'll have no other alternatives at all..

As I said, thanks a lot again. these words already lighted up my day :)

From looking over this thread again briefly you need to get your money back from the rogue trader that made this mess first then you can get it fixed somewhere else. It looks worse than some Supras that are being scraped so I'm surprised your having trouble getting someone to officially report that for you. Good luck getting it sorted.

From looking over this thread again briefly you need to get your money back from the rogue trader that made this mess first then you can get it fixed somewhere else. It looks worse than some Supras that are being scraped so I'm surprised your having trouble getting someone to officially report that for you. Good luck getting it sorted.

Thank you. Thats exactly what I want to do. But to be able to try to get my money back, I need this 2nd report..

Thanks SupraHuman, that real generous and kind of you to say that - I even had to read it twice, didnt believe what I just read .. LOL

I'll keep your offer in mind, if I'll have no other alternatives at all..

As I said, thanks a lot again. these words already lighted up my day :)

no problemo SW,the offer stand's til you come over or get it sorted elsewere,best of luck to you :)

Has anyone got pictures of it when it was at HIN as I can remember seeing the roof pealing like an orange then,That would be somewhere to start then as all the shows were dated to be able to show how long it took to get to the state that its in

What a shock awaited me.

I went to take a look at Suprawoman’s car last weekend. The pictures in the thread make the car look much better than it is. I don’t want to upset Suprawoman any further but to be perfectly honest it is in worse condition than some MKIV’s I seen in breakers yards. It is hard to believe that under all the mess and peeling paint there is a five you old MKIV which once was in pristine condition. As anyone who knows anything about painting, it is all about preparation, even a poor spayed job can look reasonable on a perfectly prepared car. But not even the beast painter on the planet can hide poor preparation.

I have never seen such a bad paint job, the carbon fibre bonnet has lumps under the paint. The base coat on the car has no adhesion to the surface, due to totally inadequate preparation. There is no evidence of any fine sanding to provide a key for the base coat. It is so bad it is peeling off in large flakes. The amateurs that did this had the audacity to tell supra woman that she drove too fast that is why the paint came off. That is so ridiculous it is funny. I expect if Suprawoman had top speeded her car most of it would have landed on the road. The prep was so bad that when they tried to mask a roof area to blow in a particularly bad section in , the tape took the top base coat off the roof. The rear body kit has been mastic sealed, with what looks like a star shape nozzle from an cake icing gun. I have never seen a MKIV look like this.

No care was taken to protect the inside of the car so it is covered in sanding dust and other crap that has all been stuck on the trim and belts seats dash due to the car being left out in the rain. The led rear brake light was “FLOATING” in a pool of water in a recess in the back of the car. There is now rust eating in the shell in places as the metal is unprotected.

Totally the wrong paint has been applied to the engine covers, but I expect the excuse will be you got the engine hot.

Words fail me, I can not believe although I know it to be true, that these half wits want a further £2000 to correct there own mistakes. I don’t think £2K would cover it. The seats and carpets may be beyond recovery, some of the loom will be suffering water damage due to the ends of cables left in water. The damage done to this car is criminal.

This car is such a mess, it may only be possible to bring it back to full glory, by sand blasting the shell fixing rust areas and starting from scratch. It would appear that those responsible for this disaster, did not know what they were doing and did not correct mistakes at an early stage, even if they noticed them at all. It would not be hard to do a better job with a shaving brush.

I have attached some cropped images of the original A3’s I took, if supra woman does not have any objection, anyone would like to see the originals 4.4MB you are welcome.

Roof- windscreen edge tape damage.JPG

Engine  cover.JPG

Dash damage.JPG

Water damage.JPG

Body kit base coat.JPG