My Supra project 'Sophie'

Suprakeith

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am glad it is all starting to come together.

I saw a comment on another thread that no one comments, I don't really comment as I am just lurking and have nothing to add

Cheers bud and it’s all coming together now at last.

And it just felt like chatting to myself on the buildthread lol

• 3 weeks later...

Well not really a positive update as by now I expected to have engine built and in but duo to being let down more times than a prostitutes knickers, I am well behind.

I still waiting for the head to be match ported and polished. I done all the normal port and polishing at work in one of the cnc mills and sent head to local company to be match ported to manifolds and have the lifters set to save me time but still after 6 weeks he hasn’t got it done, so after few choice conversations I am hoping to have the head back this week then I can set the lifters myself while off work and hopefully get engine all built ready for dropping in.

While been waiting have cleaned, rubbed down and painted all inlet manifold parts and engine mount blocks (will upload pictures when they finished drying).

I have also stripped and cleaned rocker covers but not happy with them still so they booked in for blasting Thursday then I can get them repainted and looking fresh ready for fitting.

I am still hoping to have car running by April time but if honest can’t see it now as still have loads to do.

Fingers crossed will have some positive news this week and can get on with the engine build.

Well some good news must, I got my ported and polished GE head back yesterday and it’s now rebuilt ready for fitting.

I plan to fit in tomorrow so will upload all pics of head as it’s currently all wrapped up in garage now.

I also have had my rocker covers sand blasted and they have come up really good, got few pit marks in them which will fill with some metal epoxy to get nice smooth finish before repaint them,

Edited by Suprakeith (see edit history)

Surprised you aren't going for TT rocker covers, are you still keeping the NA inlet system?

Once she’s all running and have the Link G4+ fitted, I plan to remove dizzy and go coils plus will be getting front facing inlet manifold with direct port nos fitted. So for while will have the standard inlet system which I have also slightly ported & polished.

Also plan on getting nice tt rocker covers and billet engine cover as no one really does anything nice for the GE head and don’t want the stock plastic covers after doing all this work

Little more progress on block today, fitted water pump and oil filter housing nothing major, I was planning on fitting head over festive period but opened the ARP head stub box and they had put in mains stud by mistake so have emailed ARP about it and ordered new set from Whifbitz.

So when they arrive can get finally get my ported & polished built head on.

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to fit my built port and polished head, was hoping to get more bits done and the cams fitted and timing done, but the rocker covers still need one more coat of paint and didn’t want to fit cams and have top of engine open.

Also had slight issue with doing up ARP head studs as didn’t have 12sided 13mm deep socket that fitted but luckily just as was packing up my neighbour had socket so managed to get head torqued down to 80ft lb.

I have been following this and you have done a great job

Why the whifbitz NA-t kit over SRD NA-T kit ?

Thank you very much.

I didn’t realise SRD done full kit, I know they do a turbo manifold for GE head but duo to placement it requires the dizzy to be removed and I planning on getting her run in on standard ecu then fitting bigger injectors with Link G4+ ecu and then look at removing the dizzy and going coil route.

I was originally going to go for the XS power kit but prefer the Whifbitz kit as it’s a lot better quality and direct bolt on which means can get car up and running sooner.

Going to have to change the manifold and turbo at some point to reach the 1000bhp target.

• 2 weeks later...

Well had great day today so pleased with the progress, feels so nice to see the build taking big step forward.

BC 264 cams fitted and my HKS pulleys with gates timing belt and Whifbitz billet tensioner.

All need now is new engine mounts & clutch to turn up, plus get mate to double check the timing and she’s ready to go back in.

Very nice, getting to exciting bit now. How long do you think it will be before you get to fire her up?

Thank you very much, and hoping to have her running in next couple months once get her in. Will order turbo kit and get the braided lines made for power steering as moving reservoir out way ready for FFIM next year.

Just read the whole blog, wow, this is nice work, engine looks like brand new. Cant wait to see you finish, hopefully you will record some videos of firing it up and some driving.

I am also planning to buy a Supra and slowly upgrade it similarly to what you have done.

May i ask how much has the whole process has cost you so far?

Just read the whole blog, wow, this is nice work, engine looks like brand new. Cant wait to see you finish, hopefully you will record some videos of firing it up and some driving.

I am also planning to buy a Supra and slowly upgrade it similarly to what you have done.

May i ask how much has the whole process has cost you so far?

Thank you very much and oh yes will defiantly be filming her 1st start up and drive.

So far the build owes my about 10k and I reckon be another 5k for turbo and standalone ecu.