The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra project 'Sophie'

Suprakeith

How long has it been? Mine was off the road for five years. It's an amazing feeling when its back driving.

Wow didn’t realise yours was off road for 5years, mines been off road now for just over 3years, she came off road end November 2016.

I bet it is the best feeling, I so can’t wait for that moment now

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Espcially when you have a dump valve!

I dont care what anyone says mate. Its desirable when your NA.

Though some sound terrible. Subtle is nice. I dont hear it much these days! ocdworks turbo is so loud.

You keeping the nos kit fitted?

I'd love a spool shot.

Yeah mine took so long due to the bodywork as well though. Turned out more extensive than I thought.

Jealous of your engine build. Would love to get mine done.

Espcially when you have a dump valve!

I dont care what anyone says mate. Its desirable when your NA.

Though some sound terrible. Subtle is nice. I dont hear it much these days! ocdworks turbo is so loud.

You keeping the nos kit fitted?

I'd love a spool shot.

Yeah mine took so long due to the bodywork as well though. Turned out more extensive than I thought.

Jealous of your engine build. Would love to get mine done.

Thank you mate, means a lot coming from someone who has an amazing supra like yours.

I so can’t wait to have that lovely dump valve noise, been looking at the turbosmart supersonic for mine, think when i 1st hear that noise I will have a massive smile on my face.

I have heard few ocdworks turbo spooling and it’s a lovely sound for sure.

Yea am keeping the nos set up and will def be using it for spool and top end.

Your body work does look amazing it’s the one thing can’t wait to do on mine, been thinking nice lambo grey but also want carbon boot with bgw.

Thanks for kind words buddy. Grey is a nice colour. Some shades look really modern. Mine ended up being more blue than I intended.

I love the bgw style.

What's your estimated shot size pre spool?

Your very welcome mate, your supra is totally stunning, and agree I do think the grays make car look really modern.

I thinking around 25-75 shot for spool depending on what gear in at time, my mapper going to connect the nos system to the link ecu as before was using separate controller.

• 2 weeks later...

Made start Sunday on the final jobs on Sophie, I have removed the stock inlet and fuel rail

Now while inlet out way have removed starter motor so can connect up to battery in boot and fit new fuel filter, then can fit my billet SSI Billet FFIM and fuel rail and join up to fuel pressure regulator and fit injectors once they turn up.

Then have the fun job of going under car again and fitting the braided fuel lines before fitting new fuel

Edited by Suprakeith (see edit history)

Not always mate. Mine is dead straight. But still needs battery moving. Some people keep the battery and squeeze immediately downward like the GTE setup.

But I've 3.5" piping so maybe people with smaller get away with it.

Photos of the inside of the inlet are the best ones

Not always mate. Mine is dead straight. But still needs battery moving. Some people keep the battery and squeeze immediately downward like the GTE setup.

But I've 3.5" piping so maybe people with smaller get away with it.

Photos of the inside of the inlet are the best ones

Will make sure get some good photos of inside the inlet, I forgot to take inside pics of the head after I ported and polished it was to excited just to get it fitted lol.

Bet that looks very nice with the 3.5 inch pipework coming of throttle body, I think moving the battery gives the bay such a cleaner nicer look

• 4 weeks later...

Well last few weekends have been quite busy doing few bits and bobs on build, ordered 1000cc FIC injectors from TB Developments got great price from Tim

Also been trying to put battery into boot but haven’t had much joy finding place for it so think will have to remove nos bottle and place that where rear seats are

This weekend finally put my SSI FFIM billet inlet, billet fuel rail and 90mm billet throttle body together and got the injectors fitted and attached to engine, was nightmare of job as previously had been told don’t need to remove power steering reservoir but soon found out that to be very wrong, so have ordered Power House Racing power steering relocation kit with phr cooling plate and oil cap, can’t wait for them to turn up and get on with build.

Also may have to move fuse box as new throttle body is so tight against fuse box just wish someone done relocation kit for fuse box to get that out way.

This weekend hoping to get the new injector connectors soldered on and hopefully the throttle position sensor extended, and fingers crossed power steering kit turns up so can do that fitted aswell.

Am so close now to getting this beast finished, think once get this all done can fit fuel system and look and getting cold side intercooler kit finished and the dump valve and sensors in all ready for going for mapping, still need to finish bit of dash but do think few good weekends and should be done.

Good progress. Hate to be that guy, but I would highly recommend that you install an idle control valve from a 2JZGTE. The car will be much nicer when it comes to cold starts and idle control in general, compared to running without one.

It will be a pain to install one later once you have everything in for real. The tweak harness should already have a plug for the IACV which will work out the box with the LinkECU.

Much easier to pull the inlet off and install it whilst at this stage rather than later on.

If you do want to install one you will need a 2JZGTE Idle control valve, IACV check valve & IACV rubber to be able to install it correctly into the port in the inlet manifold.

The only thing to watch out for when using these manifolds with a TT IACV is that clearance between the IACV and the top of the oil filter assembly is quite tight, so make sure you dont have anything blocking room in this bit.

Good progress. Hate to be that guy, but I would highly recommend that you install an idle control valve from a 2JZGTE. The car will be much nicer when it comes to cold starts and idle control in general, compared to running without one.

It will be a pain to install one later once you have everything in for real. The tweak harness should already have a plug for the IACV which will work out the box with the LinkECU.

Much easier to pull the inlet off and install it whilst at this stage rather than later on.

If you do want to install one you will need a 2JZGTE Idle control valve, IACV check valve & IACV rubber to be able to install it correctly into the port in the inlet manifold.

The only thing to watch out for when using these manifolds with a TT IACV is that clearance between the IACV and the top of the oil filter assembly is quite tight, so make sure you dont have anything blocking room in this bit.

Cheers bud she’s getting there now

I do have idle control valve from GTE but was unsure how it all goes together and how to plum it all in and connect it all up, that’s the joy of doing most of it myself lol unsure of best routes and how certain things go lol

Cheers bud she’s getting there now

I do have idle control valve from GTE but was unsure how it all goes together and how to plum it all in and connect it all up, that’s the joy of doing most of it myself lol unsure of best routes and how certain things go lol

attachment.php?attachmentid=235109&stc=1&d=1583874357

Install the control valve parts in the orientation shown above. The IACV will have two coolant ports on it with metal hardlines. These will foul on your inlet manifold.

Use a set of mole grips on the hardline and rotate and pull till they come out, they are only push fittings.

Oh and you can use a 20-22mm air filter for the inlet port

iacv.png

Edited by Mike2JZ (see edit history)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=235109&stc=1&d=1583874357

Install the control valve parts in the orientation shown above. The IACV will have two coolant ports on it with metal hardlines. These will foul on your inlet manifold.

Use a set of mole grips on the hardline and rotate and pull till they come out, they are only push fittings.

Oh and you can use a 20-22mm air filter for the inlet port

Cheers for that mate will have look at that over weekend as planning on another full weekend in garage lol

Is your end goal to hit 1000bhp? You won’t make that with 1000cc injectors.

Yea my end goal is to hit over 1200bhp but want to do rest of car and get her all sprayed before start chasing the big numbers, plan is once mapped will look at R154 or other box and go for 800ish until rest of car all done

Small update, first off massive thanks to Alex (Inazone) for coming over Sunday and extending my injector wires and taking battery earth straps to fit bigger rings for battery in boot.

Had little delivery today from Future Motorsport’s and have to say very helpful company and top quality service and communication.

New Power House Racing power steering deluxe kit, PHR cooling panel and PHR oil cap

Hopefully get these fitted over weekend and plus finish off installing all the new braided fuel lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Done few little jobs today on build, two easy jobs 1st fitted the PHR oil cap and PHR cooling

I like the easy jobs lol.

Have also heat protective wrapped my injector wires, first off used plastic flame proof conduit which was very fiddly little job.

Then covered the plastic conduit with heat protective sleeving from Funk motorsport.

Hooked up all 6 injectors so that’s one job done and dusted out way

Then moved on to my stainless coolant expansion tank, drilled couple holes above passenger headlight and used new riv nut insert tool too for the M6 bolts

Decided where to mount PHR power steering reservoir, but won’t be able to fit that till go back to work and make two little brackets.

Tomorrow intend to push car out onto drive and fit new braided fuel lines at last, then just waiting for circlip tool to turn up so can fit my fuel pressure regulator.

Hopefully will also get rest of dash parts back in aswell, trying to do all that can while off work for week or two, also had bit of tidy and found loads of sound deadening so may look at getting that fitted aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Well been busy last week doing bits and bobs on build,

Last week I pushed out car and jacked her up to fit new fuel lines and holding blocks but the blocks were 3D printed wrong

So contacted chap you printed them and explained and he printed another set for me but the holes didn’t line up with studs under car, so with help of my good friend Alex (Inazone) we designed and he 3D printed perfect support blocks and we also made groove for battery positive cable for battery relocation kit.

So got car back in air and with few little tweaks got blocks fitted and all underneath fuel lines fitted and looking nice and tidy.

Once that was all sorted fitted rest of braided fuel lines to fuel rail and fitted fuel pressure regulator, just waiting for my Radium billet fuel filter bracket to turn up as Bosch fuel filter is too big for stock bracket, also need to fit new fuel pump and billet hanger