The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Top Gear

Josh

I'm watching now on iplayer and it's truly dreadful. Chris Evans is terrible.

This is literally a rip off but executed much much worse. He said "in the world" and "some say" but it sounded so forced.

The only positive part is Matt Leblanc but how about he heads up Top Gear USA?

Tbh this got shredded all over social media. Only positive comment was from one of Chris Evans friends from what I saw lol

So to sum up. Don't bother. I don't think I'll keep watching and I'm 20 minutes in. The Twitter feed is more entertaining than the show.

Oh yea, watched extra gear after - also abysmal.

I thought the first half wasn't bad. Chris Evans is annoying though and I was reminded of that when he did his TGI reunion show. That's ok though because I found Richard Hammond equally annoying so it seems the top gear presenters have a habit of dividing opinions.

Chris Harris was on the extra programme, "extra gear" and he was fine, you know what you get with him and he's comfortable with himself. The lead presenter that does the extra show with him though, dear god he was awkward. Can only hope they either pull the plug on him early or he settles down a bit and becomes less annoying.

It's early days and was always going to be heavily criticised because of the circumstances.

The point was made there that the original show took time for chemistry to grow so we will see if it's the same here.

Whoever presented Top Gear or whatever changes came, people would criticise it. I enjoyed it.

They obviously decided to keep the much loved format the same and introduced some nice tweaks like the off-road track and the extra show online. The franchise is too huge to damage and they were clearly too scared to change much.

Evans was OK, but I can understand he's not some peoples cuppa, whilst Matt was a little wooden but amusing. I'm hoping they'll all loosen up a little and it'll return to top form.

High point for me was Sabine driving the Corvette and saying it "handled as bad as a Ferrari"

Yeah, I bet that'll go down well at Ferrari when it comes to handing out test cars for the show.

Also, watch Extra Gear online. Actually much better than the main show.

It'll get better I think. Saying they 'copied' the old format makes no sense - it's still Top Gear in a format the BBC created - can't copy your own creation. Evans was like a 4 year old after 3 cans of Coke (other caffeine-based fizzy sugar drinks may have the same effect) and began to grate by the end. Hopefully he'll calm down after a few early nights. Matt le Blanc was good. Overall a good start with the hope of better to come. It had cars in so I was happy. No Eddie Jordan which made me happier.

Watched it last night, I found it very awkward to watch, I really did struggle with it, but that was all down to Evans, Matt Le Blanc was MUCH better than I expected him to be, but Evans would need to go for me to want to watch it again.

ETA: They also need a trio again IMO, it just doesn't work as well having just the 2.

Wasn't as bad as I expected, the challenge thing with the jeeps & reliants was boring as hell but Matt's Nomad video was great.

Matt Le Blanc I think will save the show, he's funny, knows how to perform on camera but when he gets into the 'flow' or whatever of the show he'll be spot on

Chris Evans needs to be replaced ASAP, it was like watching an autistic child with a fantastically bad fashion sense run around shouting. It wa slike a cross between TGIF and a budget holiday's childrens entertainer

"Give him a hand everybody!" *obedient and polite clapping*

"Here comes the water-splash, look at that!" *half hearted 'woooo'*

Tanner Foust would make a good replacement for Chris Evans...