The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Love me, love my jack

David P

Same with my stock car, I often use the stock jack to get the required room for my trolley jack if I want just one front wheel up to work on. If doing work that needs me to actually get under the car I used my scaffold board ramps so then a trolley jack can get to the cross member from the front regardless of bumper type.

On the rear, my trail rear on my other Supra means I sometimes use two scissor jacks to raise the body up off the suspension a tad to give the clearance for the jack to reach the diff, no reaching the diff issues on my stock car even with the front raised up.

Getting to the Supra front cross-member is the challenge and depending on how far it may have been lowered and/or which fibreglass tat has been glued on, some Supra's are more of a challenge than others, which is why I bought the lowest longest reaching model I could find.

So far, I have only used it on my old dog Rover, next time I go to the lock up I will have a trial with my stock front Supra and confirm.

Dave, its a Rover!

I'm talking for me personally where I create some initial clearance on mini ramps so it's a one lift operation thereafter and I can get central on the front cross member.

Yours can be slid in from the side but how far? not right in to the centre of the cross member. All I'm saying is there will be some compromise for me a little faffing at the start is worth it for the extra height, I should add I'm thinking of adding this to go alongside an arcan type aluminium blue one I already have so looking for something extra which this ones height will give me.

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

Annabella, what's your jacking point when using that jack on your supra? I guess you must jack near the sills. The jack starts off low to the ground, but then there's the big hump.

I only jack on the cross-member (for the front) or the diff (for the rear).

Same question to David as well please. Your beastly jack looks like the same design as mine, but I can't get mine to the front cross-member without getting a little bit of extra height first. It fouls the undertray otherwise. Does yours make it to the cross-member without fouling anything, or do you use a different jacking point?

Not my photo, but here's my 3-tonner on the left: [ATTACH=CONFIG]211199[/ATTACH]

No I don't use the sills, someones already screwed those so bad you wouldn't believe, CW would have a fit if he saw em. From just behind the front wheel I can get to cross members and it has been slightly lowered - but no kit - 18" wheels.

• 3 months later...
Annabella, what's your jacking point when using that jack on your supra? I guess you must jack near the sills. The jack starts off low to the ground, but then there's the big hump.

I only jack on the cross-member (for the front) or the diff (for the rear).

Same question to David as well please. Your beastly jack looks like the same design as mine, but I can't get mine to the front cross-member without getting a little bit of extra height first. It fouls the undertray otherwise. Does yours make it to the cross-member without fouling anything, or do you use a different jacking point?

Not my photo, but here's my 3-tonner on the left: [ATTACH=CONFIG]211199[/ATTACH]

Excuse the delay in responding, but it has taken until now for a stock fronted Supra to be in need of my jack.

The pic is of Delboy52's stock fronted with active spoiler, his suspension is 10mm lower than stock and the jack clears the undercarriage to reach the front cross-member with 10mm to spare.

attachment.php?attachmentid=214012&d=1471791252

jack.jpg