The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Remote Mapping

Jellybean

Lol you literally do not listen to anything anyone tells you when you ask for advice. Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind and really are just asking all these questions so that someone will confirm your choice. Sure a few threads ago you wanted a piggy-back to keep the sequential operation....

Put your toys back in your pram, since you are so concerned about my research if you bother to read the HKS IS piggy back thread you would realise it is a no go , the OEM ECU will try to overwrite the map on a piggy back , based on what I read a standalone was a no go as I would loose sequential setup and technically challenging to mimic the OEM ECU; onto the next option TTC with Link, AEM Infinity , then remote mapping came to light last nite

If you take out your Atlas you might be astounded to know we live on an Island , petrol , Ferry, accommodation, food back and forth to the UK plus my time will cost me 1800 + euro to the expense for an ECU , if remote mapping is available why not make use of it , technology eh! Another huge benefit is Support , it will work out $$ if you had to go back and forth to the UK for tweaks, when somebody can remotely log in. It is a great benefit to have regardless if I need to get the initial map done in the UK

All good pieces of nuggets to know before you commit your hard earned cash! Who's better to ask than the members who have bought the product, before you criticise I dont listen to members, yes I can ring the manufacture but they will just tell me what I want to hear! Nobody will be more critical than a Customer, what is support like , Firmware glitches etc

Poverty LOL , I dont think you can put Motec and Poverty in the same sentence ; your a child who gets all pepped up when members have different opinions to yours , you must have little time on your hands if you are so concerned about what I am asking on here

That's fair enough, but I'd speak to people who have actually used him before you make a judgement. I could tell you things about people who have worked on your car which would put you off for life too!

The only downside about Richard is that things usually aren't done quickly, as he is just so busy. Any time you're at his house theres no room to move. lol

Thanks Ash , Trust me I would love to use somebody local! I will ask around , I said I would never put myself in a position to be compromised again ; reason I was looking at Fraser and Dave, I know either of them will provide a professional service , yes expensive but at least you will be guaranteed it was done right

Based on feedback from Syvecs/AEM/Link users on here , it is also an option

Put your toys back in your pram, since you are so concerned about my research if you bother to read the HKS IS piggy back thread you would realise it is a no go , the OEM ECU will try to overwrite the map on a piggy back , based on what I read a standalone was a no go as I would loose sequential setup and technically challenging to mimic the OEM ECU; onto the next option TTC with Link, AEM Infinity , then remote mapping came to light last nite

If you take out your Atlas you might be astounded to know we live on an Island , petrol , Ferry, accommodation, food back and forth to the UK plus my time will cost me 1800 + euro to the expense for an ECU , if remote mapping is available why not make use of it , technology eh! Another huge benefit is Support , it will work out $$ if you had to go back and forth to the UK for tweaks, when somebody can remotely log in. It is a great benefit to have regardless if I need to get the initial map done in the UK

All good pieces of nuggets to know before you commit your hard earned cash! Who's better to ask than the members who have bought the product, before you criticise I dont listen to members, yes I can ring the manufacture but they will just tell me what I want to hear! Nobody will be more critical than a Customer, what is support like , Firmware glitches etc

Poverty LOL , I dont think you can put Motec and Poverty in the same sentence ; your a child who gets all pepped up when members have different opinions to yours , you must have little time on your hands if you are so concerned about what I am asking on here

Well actually all I have been doing is trying to assist you but you don't seem to take anyones advice on board. And that OEM ecu overwriting a piggy back is nonsense btw, I would have thought you would have copped that yourself. And if you read back you have been giving off about what it would cost you so don't now try and advocate that money is no issue for the right ECU. I would also advise you to check who you are dealing with and what I actually do before you make points about who or what I am.

I am not really concerned about what you are asking but as I had the knowledge I thought I would try and help, I'll not bother in future. Good luck with your trusted advisers

Well actually all I have been doing is trying to assist you but you don't seem to take anyones advice on board. And that OEM ecu overwriting a piggy back is nonsense btw, I would have thought you would have copped that yourself. And if you read back you have been giving off about what it would cost you so don't now try and advocate that money is no issue for the right ECU. I would also advise you to check who you are dealing with and what I actually do before you make points about who or what I am.

I am not really concerned about what you are asking but as I had the knowledge I thought I would try and help, I'll not bother in future. Good luck with your trusted advisers

Advise , pick me up off the floor! Nothing you said is in any way is technical or constructive just hearsay, reiterated BS read off a Forum ! Who I am dealing with and what you actually do; you work for PWC , what are you going to do Audit me and give me some financial advise LOL

For all your wealth and Knowledge it was TDP who told me the OEM ecu will overwrite a piggy back; you where a vocal advocate of them as Mark told you to use them to map your car as they did his Sat's Supra ,

Did you ever hear the phrase "a fool and their money" , just because you have it does not mean you throw thousands at something in the hope it works, research is key to making an informed decision , support , customer feedback ; A chimp could work out cutting back on transport costs and most importantly my time is something I can get away with and not compromise what I am doing

Let me know when your finished with the Shovel,dust it off and I'll put it back!

Advise , pick me up off the floor! Nothing you said is in any way is technical or constructive just hearsay, reiterated BS read off a Forum ! Who I am dealing with and what you actually do; you work for PWC , what are you going to do Audit me and give me some financial advise LOL

For all your wealth and Knowledge it was TDP who told me the OEM ecu will overwrite a piggy back; you where a vocal advocate of them as Mark told you to use them to map your car as they did his Sat's Supra ,

Did you ever hear the phrase "a fool and their money" , just because you have it does not mean you throw thousands at something in the hope it works, research is key to making an informed decision , support , customer feedback ; A chimp could work out cutting back on transport costs and most importantly my time is something I can get away with and not compromise what I am doing

Let me know when your finished with the Shovel,dust it off and I'll put it back!

lol....case in point, you have no idea at all....not even close

I personally would never have an engine of my own mapped remotely, there's no way I can believe a mapper has the same "feel" for an engine's vital signs, sounds and there must be some added latency if something goes wrong. It's just my opinion, I would want the mapper there from first start to final storage of the completed map and a copy thereof on the PC. I know remote mapping is commonly done and many / most times it's successful. Just call me old fashioned but it would give me the willies :)

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

Carlo said you worked in PWC (which you highlighted in bold), you replied 'not even close' however you do actually work for PWC.

Yea i know i do. But i dont audit or give financial advice. Hes not even close to what i do. The point is that him coming off with statements about me being a petulant child are completely ridiculous and he knows nothing about me to be making statements like that.

No offence to you Jim

I personally would never have an engine of my own mapped remotely, there's no way I can believe a mapper has the same "feel" for an engine's vital signs, sounds and there must be some added latency if something goes wrong. It's just my opinion, I would want the mapper there from first start to final storage of the completed map and a copy thereof on the PC. I know remote mapping is commonly done and many / most times it's successful. Just call me old fashioned but it would give me the willies :)

Thanks Chris! Will get her done in person

Would a PNP Supra infinity not have a good base map already ?

Why get the 8 over the 10 or vise versa ;8 seems more than capable?

Infinity 10 isn't worth it, 8 is more then capable as you correctly stated.

The base maps are close, but usually not driveable. For example, the car might not be able to idle on a base map and fueling might be way off. Like I said, I can generate a good base map for you from either logs or remote mapping. Should be good enough for you to drive with no problems what so ever. Additionally, will setup all the fail safes so you can't physicially go lean or encounter any other common issues.

Edited by Gpro (see edit history)

Infinity 10 isn't worth it, 8 is more then capable as you correctly stated.

The base maps are close, but usually not driveable. For example, the car might not be able to idle on a base map and fueling might be way off. Like I said, I can generate a good base map for you from either logs or remote mapping. Should be good enough for you to drive with no problems what so ever. Additionally, will setup all the fail safes so you can't physicially go lean or encounter any other common issues.

Thanks, I did download the Software before and it looks very intuitive !

Ryan remote mapped our supra before from Dubai.

Probably laying on a sunbed with a beer :D

No doubt Chris, I am sure its a welcomed break from the fumes :)

Out of curiosity what do you need to have the car remotely mapped? Do you make changes via a skype call or does Ryan remote desktop into your PC?

No doubt Chris, I am sure its a welcomed break from the fumes :)

Out of curiosity what do you need to have the car remotely mapped? Do you make changes via a skype call or does Ryan remote desktop into your PC?

Im not to sure as the car was with SRD at the time, i'd imagine Lee and Ryan are in contact some way on the computer. Its all very clever stuff, although Lee mapped the car recently not Ryan.

I think Lee P mentioned Mark at Abbey Motorsport, Lee and Ash do Syvecs mapping now mate. I know of a very good local tuner that another forum member has recommended so not entirely sure who I'll go with yet. I trust SRD 100% but good to have the local mapper spending time getting things just how I want them and not remotely down in Surrey.